Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
GOONS as usual. Last I checked, you couldn't apply. You had to be online and close enough to target to invite. I hope that changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Piebald Hell posted:

What's the goon guild anyway? I've been loving around as a giant bat with a pet cat and a weird rear end name. Rii rii, motherfuckers.

Also oh my god the devs are absolute sweethearts. I've had two really nice conversations with them so far.

What's your username? I'll invite you.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Zaheera. Like I said, weird name.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Started playing this last night and had some fun. I think my other half will play this with me. Going on holiday tomorrow but will check it out more later.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

new UI

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Still looks like something you would find on a pre-alpha. Which this game basically is.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Best drat pre-alpha game I have ever played though. I've paid monthly fees for games I liked less.

Diffently has its issues but drat do I have fun every time I get the bug to play.

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Man, all I wanna do is play this game. Got two hours in last night and made an account, but today none of the information works. Can't make another account either because my e-mail's in use. Contacted support already and am hoping for a resolution soon. I love that it looks so much like Morrowind-era games.

I did encounter a weird thing while in a group, though. Only one of us could go into the mini dungeon on the island. The other guy just could never get it to work (and I had some issues getting out). Is transferring to different areas always that wonky?

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
It sounds cliche at this point, but I am pretty sure I haven't been this addicted to an MMO since back in college when I played EQ. As a grow rear end 37 year old man with a wife and kids, its embarrassing how much I play this game. There was a really bad bug introduced with the monster visibility patch a month back. I used that to almost max out my character and was about to get bored, but then they went and fixed the bug yesterday.

Edit:

I also wanted to add - the monthly werewolf event with the full moon is brilliant. There were handful of us waiting at the altar for the clock to strike midnight. Afterwords we all grouped up and went on a straight up rampage(the hunt if you will). The debuff stacking with multiple werewolves means you can annihilate dungeon bosses in a few seconds. It was glorious.

headspace fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 20, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I love this game. When I get unchill or very late at night, I connect and kill a few spiders, or learn more goblinese, do some gardening.

I will probably find a way to give money to the devs, to support development. Some stuff about the camera and the UI needs improvements. Hope the improvements don't kill my ability to play with a old laptop.

The best thing in this game is perhaps the players.

After a wipe in a dungeon, on guy took the time to search me on the whole world to gift me a undeer potion (I was permanently turned into a deer). These are very expensive. I was seriously impressed.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 24, 2016

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
This loving game, guys. I think part of the reason it's so addictive is that the levels don't matter as much as you'd think. I mean yeah okay you won't be doing as much in the dungeon tuned for dudes at combat level 50-60 as, well, a dude who's combat level 50-60 if you're level 20 - but you can still join a group with those dudes and actually do SOMETHING. And the levels just sort of happen as you explore and beat poo poo up. It's a really good system.

And holy gently caress do the NPCs have character. Even the throwaway placeholder ones like the 'here have a knife skill' one appear to have motives, and definitely have unique dialogue. For such a clunky, ugly-rear end alpha it feels RIDICULOUSLY lively and organic.

And it's also really satisfying to be a "scary" animal like a bat or spider so you can chase Gretchen Salas all the way across Eltibule. Really, really satisfying.

And I can only hope the playerbase stays as ridiculously badass as it is when this game releases - I don't think I've met such a mature, entertaining bunch on a game in literally years.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Piebald Hell posted:

This loving game, guys. I think part of the reason it's so addictive is that the levels don't matter as much as you'd think. I mean yeah okay you won't be doing as much in the dungeon tuned for dudes at combat level 50-60 as, well, a dude who's combat level 50-60 if you're level 20 - but you can still join a group with those dudes and actually do SOMETHING. And the levels just sort of happen as you explore and beat poo poo up. It's a really good system.

Not to go off topic too much but I think that's going to be the appeal of Elder Scrolls Online once the One Tamriel update hits.

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016

Alexander DeLarge posted:

What's your username? I'll invite you.

I could use an invite as well, I started playing yesterday. IGN is the same as SA username.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I was expecting those Druid events to come in later. poo poo, I wish I trained more because now I gotta fight off Lovecraftian monsters in order to gain XP (if I don't, I gain nothing)

Kephael posted:

I could use an invite as well, I started playing yesterday. IGN is the same as SA username.

I'll invite you when I get back in game. I'm out of commission until EVGA sends my 1080.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 30, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I was expecting those Druid events to come in later. poo poo, I wish I trained more because now I gotta fight off Lovecraftian monsters in order to gain XP (if I don't, I gain nothing)

So are the natural events active already? welp. Is ok, I guest, is a game of decisions and consequences.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Trying to get psych and sword to 60 is rough when all your gear is legacy and broken

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Downloading this atm. Is there enough people? Will I get some cool dungeon crawling experience out of it?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

lemonslol posted:

Downloading this atm. Is there enough people? Will I get some cool dungeon crawling experience out of it?

yes, theres not a lot but theres a global channel. dungeons are all non-instanced

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
I play every day still. Last night it was down to about 38 players online. It has been a while since new content was added, so that is expected. The newbie dungeons are still active enough for it to be fun.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The new guild missions are nice ways to work together

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you
Bumping this thread to say I just started playing this game after reading about it here and it's really fun and everyone should play it.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've been logging on to reset my hangouts but am waiting for the next patch to really play again since gear is changing again.

Lemme know if you want am invite to the (basically dead) Goon guild. Otherwise you will get invited to the one active guild on the server. Unless they've had a falling out and split by now.

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you
The new update is out and the Halloween event is live. Patch notes here: http://projectgorgon.com/forum/new-and-announcements/3329-october-29-update

Lots of enemies spawning in Serb Keep for Halloween to help people replace gear that's gone legacy. There's also a golem there that will help replace any legacy gear you have. Otherwise legacy gear will work up to a month from now before it becomes broken.

Also make sure you type /redeem Halloween2016 when you sign in to get your five free keys for the loot chests that are behind Fainor's building.

Inimicul posted:

Lemme know if you want am invite to the (basically dead) Goon guild. Otherwise you will get invited to the one active guild on the server. Unless they've had a falling out and split by now.

Sure, I'm in game as Oophelia so you can send me an invite if you see me around.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I popped on to see if you were still online. No luck.

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you

Inimicul posted:

I popped on to see if you were still online. No luck.

No worries. I don't have time to play every day, but when I do it's usually at night EST.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This Halloween event is loving crazy. You get five free keys but if you stay in town and just attack NPCs, you'll get a new key every 5 minutes or so, easy way to level up your notoriety too if you wait for the boss.

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you

This Halloween event is loving crazy. You get five free keys but if you stay in town and just attack NPCs, you'll get a new key every 5 minutes or so, easy way to level up your notoriety too if you wait for the boss.

Yeah, it's been good for my wallet but murder on my inventory space. I've still got over 50 chest keys.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Man, this is making me wish I had time to play right now.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
They just launched their indiegogo campaign
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-gorgon-pc-mmo#/

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think I will get the new loot the old way, farming dungeons, instead of this event thing. Maybe I misunderstood something, but waiting for a boss to spawn in serbule is not my idea of fun.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Tei posted:

I think I will get the new loot the old way, farming dungeons, instead of this event thing. Maybe I misunderstood something, but waiting for a boss to spawn in serbule is not my idea of fun.

There's never been a better time to farm cotton in Serb.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Tei posted:

I think this sort of thing is primarily useful as a supplement for people who've had their gear progressively more hosed by updates to the point they're not fit for dungeons. Or they're struggling to get enough gear to be dungeon-ready in the first place, especially if they aren't able to get groups regularly due to timezones or whatever.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
poo poo are we still playing this? I wandered off for a few months.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I won't lie. So did I. I quit playing consistently after the zone with the oriental architecture was put in. I meant to come back after the next big patch but one thing lead to another and now I don't remember how to play anymore and everything's legacy.

There seems to be more dick jokes in Serb now but two people standing by the well don't seem to give performance appreciation anymore.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I logged back in for the first time in ages yesterday. I'd forgotten just how scarce storage space is. I swapped my legacy stuff but I have no-where to store the things I can't use yet.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Is there a google doc or something somewhere that tells me which NPCs like what items, or buys them? I've got a ton of poo poo from the Halloween event that I want to get rid of.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 5, 2016

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Haerc posted:

Is there a google doc or something somewhere that tells me which NPCs like what items, or buys them? I've got a ton of poo poo from the Halloween event that I want to get rid of.

I tried to add some of that to the wiki, but it turns out there's a json file on the server that someone has pulled and is online somewhere that has the exact values. I can't quite remember what it's called though.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just leveled my Civic Pride.

SplashDemon
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna hug you
In other news, there's now a mysterious black cloud wafting from the ground just south of Ivyn's farm :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Great. Another storm looking to bang an elf chick...