Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Verranicus posted:

Feel free to harass me on bnet if I'm not in-game because unless I'm doing something work related I'm generally down to Overwatch with cool goons

I'm a Cool Goon

1/2 an eight is 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Verranicus posted:

Wow, who gets that one?

McRee

Though I will say I saw the noose spray with just a flaming thumbs up sprayed next to it and it made me laugh really hard

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is that stupid spray of a kid with a broken arm even in the game?

It's one of the kids from the original announcement trailer. Unless you mean why is it considered worthy of even being a spray, in which case I have a theory with no proof: they realized they could turn sprays into loot but didn't have time to actually make any, so they tasked an intern somewhere with turning as much concept art as possible into what is basically lovely clipart.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Sanctum posted:

Who would stand like this? :psyduck:

The same sort of person who would dress like that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Knifegrab posted:

This game is fun. I'm having fun with this game. Can someone give me junkrat tips I'm terrible with him and its less fun.

Put the steel trap in doorways so when people try to run you down they can't dodge the trap.
Also remember that your grenades will bounce off walls and such., so bank shots around corners.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Boy, I have to get better with Pharrah's E. More often than not I tend to knock the people towards me rather than away. I always seem to aim just behind them. But when I do get a good shot off and send them over a ledge it's drat satisfying.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Playing zenyatta on a team with torb and symmetra is great.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

well guys i lost 6 games with 2 wins tonight as opposed to 7 losses and 1 win last night so things are lookin' up!

edit:
oh yeah i uploaded this silly highlight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_TlnLAvOk

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 11, 2016

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
I have more fun in this game in Quick Play solo where I can dick around than in pre-made teams where you face teams that coordinate their ults efficiently and stomp you.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

objects in mirror posted:

I have more fun in this game in Quick Play solo where I can dick around than in pre-made teams where you face teams that coordinate their ults efficiently and stomp you.

With solo you're more likely to get a poo poo team so it balances out. Plus, solo/premades still get matched against each other sometimes so it's not as if you'll never see one.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jakep must be running a mod that attracts my arrows to his skull :(

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I'm playing on the PS4 and primarily play Roadhog because he's a loving one man apocalypse but really because Take a Breather pretty much owns. And there's just something satisfying about snagging a Tracer or a Widow or (my favorite) a shithead Bastion in turret mode and obliterating them.

I usually just hit Quick Play so running around as the beefy guy with the 300 health heal has been pretty fun so far. And if I'm lucky enough to have a Lucio or Mercy hanging out with me? Let's goooooo

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Jastiger posted:

Jakep must be running a mod that attracts my arrows to his skull :(

If your arrows have dicks on them it could be drawn to his mouth.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tcjimbo posted:

If your arrows have dicks on them it could be drawn to his mouth.

Rip Jakep.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Sanctum posted:

Who would stand like this? :psyduck:

She's very sexy and flexible.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I'm having a blast with D.Va. Nuclear launch detected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=964Fw-0GZOY

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Been streaming the past few days. https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou. Mostly Battlefield Goons from CTS Mumble. Few discord here and there. I'm somewhat bad, somewhat decent.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

8one6 posted:

Put the steel trap in doorways so when people try to run you down they can't dodge the trap.
Also remember that your grenades will bounce off walls and such., so bank shots around corners.

:agreed: Make liberal use of bear traps as junk rat. Constantly toss those poo poo out all the time. They are so good and criminally underused. So many people run into them and basically free easy kills.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It's kind of dumb that people who play a close game with back-and-forth pushes and counter-pushes that goes into overtime type into chat ":cry: You're making the game unfun for strangers!! :cry:"

I've been in two discord groups where people type this at the end of a match and it's pretty lame. I guess some goons just want to play pubstomps all day against AFKers and literal babies. Usually it's the same people that drop the whole group from the match so we wouldn't have to play against people around our skill level. It's a shame, because most of the groups I've been in have been pretty chill and I have a really good time chatting while shooting Red Team.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Aranan posted:

It's kind of dumb that people who play a close game with back-and-forth pushes and counter-pushes that goes into overtime type into chat ":cry: You're making the game unfun for strangers!! :cry:"

I've been in two discord groups where people type this at the end of a match and it's pretty lame. I guess some goons just want to play pubstomps all day against AFKers and literal babies. Usually it's the same people that drop the whole group from the match so we wouldn't have to play against people around our skill level. It's a shame, because most of the groups I've been in have been pretty chill and I have a really good time chatting while shooting Red Team.

I actually really love it when matches are close. I'd rather lose a KotH at 99/99 on overtime than win with it one sided.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

8one6 posted:

I actually really love it when matches are close. I'd rather lose a KotH at 99/99 on overtime than win with it one sided.

:agreed:

Payload maps where the first point goes to overtime, then each consecutive point goes into overtime before the very end is great regardless of who wins.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Aranan posted:

I guess some goons just want to play pubstomps all day against AFKers and literal babies. Usually it's the same people that drop the whole group from the match so we wouldn't have to play against people around our skill level. It's a shame, because most of the groups I've been in have been pretty chill and I have a really good time chatting while shooting Red Team.
Playing with goons I notice whenever we lose someone is going to explain what was wrong with our class composition. I rarely see that as the problem.

There's more to overwatch than the hero select screen is what I'm saying. :shrug:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Sanctum posted:

Playing with goons I notice whenever we lose someone is going to explain what was wrong with our class composition. I rarely see that as the problem.

There's more to overwatch than the hero select screen is what I'm saying. :shrug:

You can change my class pretty easy but if the solution is "shoot better" then whelp I guess I'm dropping MMR

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?
Did you know that Junkrat pills are not on a timer? They always explode right after the third bounce.

Sanctum posted:

All skill levels being equal, the hero select screen is like 95% of this game. I'd rather someone point out that we made poor hero picks given the opposition after a match than literally say "man, you guys are bad at video games" and quit Discord in disgust.

I won't leave a game with party to requeue unless it is obvious we don't stand a chance against whatever 6 stack of college nerds just finished rolling us. Goons are getting better and better at the game, so this happens less and less, thankfully. I like close matches as well, but I'm not about to punch myself in the dick over and over just because me and 5 other complete strangers can't compete with some clan with a website.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
All skill levels are never equal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what are Symmetra's best maps to play on?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You can change my class pretty easy but if the solution is "shoot better" then whelp I guess I'm dropping MMR
Playing with a quasi-organized group, or even solo, there are a lot of nuances in positioning, focus-firing, extending, spamming, etc. that affect every fight. Not about shooting better so much as everything you can do and decision you make. I don't know the right answers, it just gets to me when people attribute everything wrong with a match to our class composition. :geno:

Damage boosted bastion behind a rein shield seems like a great idea but it never works well against another organized team. I've learned this much about team strategies.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Regalingualius posted:

So what are Symmetra's best maps to play on?

I'd say, in no particular order:
  • Hollywood - You can either put up really aggressive sentries at the choke to quickly build Teleporter, or place them more conservatively on the side of the building where the offense can't effectively shoot until they're actually fighting on the point. Some decent Teleporter locations too.
  • Hanamura - GREAT tele locations, not as many good chokes but some decent sentry spots (left house, high on the point). Helps that enemy reinhardts love parking themselves under the main archway.
  • Numbani - You can completely shut out one of the right flanks of your choice. If the offense pushes up main though it can be rough because it's wide and there's a lot of room to dodge your orbs. Decent tele places.
  • King's Row - Lots of great sentry spots both on the point and in the side rooms. Biggest issues are few good/easily accessed teleporter spots and very close quarters so it's easy to get caught around a corner and find yourself immediately dead.

This all assumes first point defense because otherwise lol

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one

Countblanc posted:

This all assumes first point defense because otherwise lol
2nd point on el dorado? Even without the symmetra exploit mentioned a few pages back, dorado's 2nd point is basically 2 chokes. You can totally roll symmetra until you lose the 2nd point. A teleporter anywhere on the church ramparts or the courtyard opposite is extremely useful.

Hollywood has 3 points as well but it's difficult to find a use for symmetra after you lose the 1st one.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Friday night definitely feels like the organized play night. It's like a solid wall of pain. I get into awkward situations because I can always find 4~6 friends but everyone is just there for a good time and we don't coordinate strategies or counter pick. Friday nights we get absolutely wrecked.

I can't understand how a serious business competitive team can come into quick play, completely dominate the opposing team, and feel satisfied. When my matches are lopsided they're boring as hell. I've yet to lose a match where my team was clearly completely out of its league where my opponents didn't meme it up and type smack constantly in chat.

Next Friday I'll get drunk instead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm getting really loving tired of this game matching me with a bunch of people who just bought the game against people at like level 90, also I don't get why people like mystery heroes so much

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

This game is fun. I'm having fun with this game. Can someone give me junkrat tips I'm terrible with him and its less fun.

Roller grenades still explode on contact, and if your concussion mine is off cooldown and you don't need it for frontline mobility/escape from a collapsed frontline then use it to gently caress with flankers and aggressive chargers (like Rein) in fights. Throw your trap in chokes which'll gently caress with flankers. Trap/conc is a great combo! If that's inconvenient you're probably playing too far forward respective to the rest of your team, or your team is playing too far forward in which case get ready to use your conc to escape the consequences of your fuckfail team. If you're not spamming LMB and bunnyhopping all the time you're playing the character wrong as all gently caress.

Its better to blow up your riptire a little too early getting only 1-2 kills than give the enemy Dad76/Mcree/Hanzo an extra half second to pop it without consequence.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 11, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't get why people like mystery heroes so much

You get to practice a lot of heroes and not feel like you are intentionally making your team lose because you are the worst tracer in the world.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

8one6 posted:

I really, really, really agree with this post hard.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Essobie posted:

Did you know that Junkrat pills are not on a timer? They always explode right after the third bounce.

All skill levels being equal, the hero select screen is like 95% of this game. I'd rather someone point out that we made poor hero picks given the opposition after a match than literally say "man, you guys are bad at video games" and quit Discord in disgust.

I won't leave a game with party to requeue unless it is obvious we don't stand a chance against whatever 6 stack of college nerds just finished rolling us. Goons are getting better and better at the game, so this happens less and less, thankfully. I like close matches as well, but I'm not about to punch myself in the dick over and over just because me and 5 other complete strangers can't compete with some clan with a website.

With my experience in pubs, it's a little less than 50% "hero picks" and a little more than 50% "STAND ON THE OBJECTIVE YOU SHITS".

I swear pubby teammates just completely ignore the point until overtime starts.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

You get to practice a lot of heroes and not feel like you are intentionally making your team lose because you are the worst tracer in the world.

except you don't because if you're poo poo at tracer you instantly die and get swapped to like symmetra or something. how is that helping you at all

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Knifegrab posted:

I can't really add to all the great advice everyone else has given (seriously never stop throwing that concussion mine in people's faces, it fucks them up hardcore) but one little trick is to go into options and change it so his RIP-tire automatically climbs walls when you press X.

RIP-tire climbs walls btw

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

except you don't because if you're poo poo at tracer you instantly die and get swapped to like symmetra or something. how is that helping you at all

And then I get to play Symmetra instead.

The system works.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cicadalek posted:

the noose spray is going to cause Blizzard a lot of grief at some point, I just know it

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this:

I set Genji and Hanzo to automatically run up walls but it still seems really awkward to do. If I double jump Genji at a wall it will basically 100% fail to climb the wall.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

And then I get to play Symmetra instead.

The system works.

but you die as her and can't practice that either

it's bad and lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

The brawl also allows me, the poo poo Tracer™ to have the occasional cool killing streak on Tracer, which in quick play would probably require me to drop five games to be a lovely Tracer. Or same thing with Hanzo, or whatever.