Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Self portrait, drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

What's this? SunQuick is Evolving!

Eww close that you filthy SunQuick

SunQuick Used Camera Mode, it's Super Weird!

I've picked this up for 15$ and it'll be in my hands next week. The google tells me nothing about this camera, but i expect it to be able to make immense amounts of Art!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that is goddamn awesome

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009
I scored a olympus stylus epic zoom 115 for 5$ at the flea market. It looks to be in really good shape, asside from the blurry viewfinder. Adjusting the diopter does something, but there is always a pretty severe fog in the center.
Testing it later today with a new battery.

Any ideas?

Edit : vvv

Yeah I don't think i can do anything about the lovely viewfinder. Seems to work well with a battery tho. Will lend it to drunk friends and not feel bad about it.

Grimarest fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 23, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
don't spend any more time troubleshooting a mediocre P&S

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Yashica t4 poo poo the bed this morning. Went to turn it off and the lens didn't retract and now it's a brick. Tried a new battery and no dice. Any suggestions on how to tinker my way out of this or is it a goner?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

This is the trump of cameras, orange and yuuuge! the seller was a bit tardy in shipping it, so he included a roll of B&W film.

anyone willing to guess the shutter speed on this? it doesn't seem more advanced than a single use camera.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Most likely 400.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I love that there is seriously zero info on this camera on google or anywhere. It must have been some little promotional giveaway or something.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

I love that there is seriously zero info on this camera on google or anywhere. It must have been some little promotional giveaway or something.

I expect it was. Sunquick is a Danish orange juice drink. I imagine that the camera was made by adapting some Chinese P&S innards into a custom shell.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Helen Highwater posted:

I expect it was. Sunquick is a Danish orange juice drink. I imagine that the camera was made by adapting some Chinese P&S innards into a custom shell.

it's pretty neatly made, and it even looks like it could've had a flash in a more expensive version.

i'll probably contact their corporate hq here in Denmark and ask if they remember this product, just for fun :)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Is using the time stamp on your photos hacky?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

no, it owns

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i think this is the last roll i'll put through my olympus dc. it's no longer winds the film properly, getting tons of half overlapped exposures. seriously great camera tho. the bokeh is very different.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Thoogsby posted:

yes, unless there's a specific reason

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
poo poo pics from the brand new in the box Pentax 90WR that I inherited. Kind of surprised at how good they turned out.

Shitlips - Pentax WR90 - Fuji 400 Film by Eli Misel, on Flickr

Tyler - Pentax WR90 - Fuji 400 Film by Eli Misel, on Flickr

Jesse & his Woman - Pentax WR90 - Fuji 400 Film by Eli Misel, on Flickr

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Choicecut posted:

poo poo pics from the brand new in the box Pentax 90WR that I inherited. Kind of surprised at how good they turned out.

Did you scan these yourself or have a lab do it? Your friends look as red as your text.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Shellman posted:

Did you scan these yourself or have a lab do it? Your friends look as red as your text.

I sent them to the darkroom for development and scanning.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

maybe everyone is very drunk ;)

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Karl Barks posted:

maybe everyone is very drunk ;)

haha, we were, combined with it being bright as gently caress, everyone sun burned from golfing, 90 loving degrees, and in an orange painted room. Shellman is right though, they are red as gently caress. I loaded them in light room and pulled the red and orange down. These look better or does everyone look dead now?

Kels, Big Mac Champion, and Some Other Chick - Pentax WR90 - Fuji 400 Film by Eli Misel, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Still red as gently caress

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Awkward Davies posted:

Still red as gently caress

I think I need a new monitor.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Try this:

quote:

Skin color R>G>B, where the distance between R&G is bigger than the distance between G&B.
Watch out for the the cheeks because there the distance R-G is even bigger than somewhere else.

This is true for all skin colors, regardless of race.

While in PS, create a couple of 'marks' while shift-clicking with the eye-dropper. The color of these spots will appear in the info panel in RGB value.
Have your eye on the info panel and play with the curves to get things right.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

I think I got that right. I gave it another shot, but still not sure. Really appreciate your guys input and help!

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Definitely much better. Colors are pretty saturated, but the red definitely is reduced.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Awkward Davies posted:

Definitely much better. Colors are pretty saturated, but the red definitely is reduced.

Awesome. Were the increased reds and saturated colors a result of the type of film I used, the way the were scanned, the camera, or a combination of those things?

Camera is a pentax 90wr and film was Fuji superia Xtra 400.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I thought Fuji Superia was -known- for doing that to people with... god, I don't even know how to say this without bringing race into it... white skin. Maybe I'm confused.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Yea way better. I think the scan job is very shoddy, and that probably exaggerated the reds.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BlackMK4 posted:

I thought Fuji Superia was -known- for doing that to people with... god, I don't even know how to say this without bringing race into it... white skin. Maybe I'm confused.

"Fuji superia makes white skin look red"

Done. There's no possible way that could be racist even if you swapped white for brown or something. Its a camera capturing skin tone wrong, it's not like you are justifying slavery with :biotruths:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BlackMK4 posted:

Color and photography are related yes

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Labs are known for cranking the saturation and contrast to 11 because people think bright colors and lots of contrast is a good thing.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

BlackMK4 posted:

Films are balanced against different daylight temperatures or illumination sources such as Tungsten lights. You change the colour temperature of the source relative to the white balance of the film, and the skin tones look will look different.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yes :getin:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that is not the camera you are looking for

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

that is not the camera you are looking for

I got it for free and it works. I'm not about to complain

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Untitled-(172) by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

Untitled-(12) by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

Untitled-(179) by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
When did the Stylus Epic become a $150 camera? I remember a year or so ago it hovered around $60-80.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
problably 3 weeks before I wanted to get one for myself.

With every article calling it "the best hidden gem in photography" the price goes up another $40.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I sold mine in the buy sell thread for 100 cad (77 usd) last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethanfr0me
Feb 2, 2012

Chill Callahan posted:

When did the Stylus Epic become a $150 camera? I remember a year or so ago it hovered around $60-80.

Contax T2's are up to $500 on eBay now...

• Locked thread