Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zeroisanumber posted:

And WITE is actually fun.

Nah, WITP is better. WITE is basically just Maintaining a Coherent Frontline Simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

You are thinking about WITE, where the game actually does track each soldier's inventory and his individual shots during combat.
Not truly groggy enough unless you're tracking every pixelman's individual mood/morale.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AceRimmer posted:

Not truly groggy enough unless you're tracking every pixelman's individual mood/morale.

The reason why turns take so long to process is that each pixelman maintains correspondence with his girl back home.

It takes lots of power for each soldier to complain about the quality of borscht every week.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 11, 2016

Pinback
Jul 22, 2012

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery
just mowing us all down...

Zeroisanumber posted:

And WITE is actually fun.

I disapprove of your wite supremacy. :colbert:

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

AceRimmer posted:

Great, now I'm imagining WITE crossed with Dwarf Fortress:

Hans 'Schwerpunkt' Schmidt

Within the last season, he was content after cleaning his rifle. He was satisfied with his rations. He didn't feel anything after watching his NCO die. He was saddened by being encircled by soviets.

A medium sized creature fond of drink and industry.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mikhail has been taken by a fey mood.
Mikhail has claimed a munitions factory.
Mikhail has created Avtomat Kalashnikova! A legendary automatic firearm!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

goatface posted:

Oh, get hosed, all I ever get is loving Goering making a four engine dive bomber or Hitler making some 200 tons monstrosity of a tank.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

We continue to hunt down Allied ships. This is a nice sized passenger liner and a couple of smaller warships.

We take out a couple of enemy planes.

We are going to need to bring in more forces to take the capital, but its only a matter of time.

Advancing north!

The Allies respond with level bombers.

We need more troops here it seems.

And that's the last of this block of cities.

We're advancing in China again, but this is a moving troops around phase.

That was a really good ship we sunk there!

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

YeOldeButchere posted:

Oh, get hosed, all I ever get is loving Goering making a four engine dive bomber or Hitler making some 200 tons monstrosity of a tank.

I bet that tank menaces with all kinds of nickel and chromium deficient spikes though.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

goatface posted:

code:
On the item is an image of Josef Manygulags and germans in ebony. Josef Manygulags is striking down the germans. 

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Grey Hunter posted:

That was a really good ship we sunk there!

The Dominion Monarch!

http://cruiselinehistory.com/the-dominion-monarch/

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Our fleet continues to bring death to the area – this time taking down two tankers!

We need more troops here. I've had it to easy for to long, and I've started to undershoot these smaller bases.

Two tankers is good on a quiet day. The Kido Butai and the Kiddo Butai are heading north to hit Ceylon. This should be an interesting raid.
Of course, our base points drop by 400 points today, so it makes me look like I'm doing much worse, for no reason.

Still, this is a good day!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They are dumping their ammunition into these kills. That's 240 shell hits between 6 boats if the numbers can be trusted (I think they can).

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dear god the Natori is just a nightmare to Allied shipping :stare:

Also the Dominion Monarch has got to be one of the highest-value non-warships in the entire game.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RZApublican posted:

Dear god the Natori is just a nightmare to Allied shipping :stare:

Also the Dominion Monarch has got to be one of the highest-value non-warships in the entire game.

I know the Allies get bunches and bunches of AKs from the Liberty Ship program, so moving supplies behind the lines eventually becomes relatively easy for the Allies, but how many converted liner troop ships are active in the Pacific for the Allies? I know the Queen Elizabeth is often used to move troops from Cape Town to rear staging points because it can out run any surface ship, and evidently the Dominion Monarch was in that class, but how many of those ships do the Allies have and how long are they in theatre? Either from historical perspective or from game perspective.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I know the Allies get bunches and bunches of AKs from the Liberty Ship program, so moving supplies behind the lines eventually becomes relatively easy for the Allies, but how many converted liner troop ships are active in the Pacific for the Allies? I know the Queen Elizabeth is often used to move troops from Cape Town to rear staging points because it can out run any surface ship, and evidently the Dominion Monarch was in that class, but how many of those ships do the Allies have and how long are they in theatre? Either from historical perspective or from game perspective.

I think the QE and the Aquitania are the two biggest ones in WITP, but Dominion Monarch was no slouch either. 70 hits!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Stop jinxing my lucky ship. The QE will live forever.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
CL Natori still unclaimed on the lucky ship list if anyone's interested...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

CLUNK!

KA-CLUNK!

Our blocking force is wiped out.

I already miss having good planes/pilots.

We find a British destroyer heading in the same direction that we are.

Our troops continue to march north without resistance. Has the gate to India been left wide open?

So many duds, they keep damaging the paintwork.

I'm going to get a shock when the Allied torpedoes start working.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
How does it feel to be on the other side of the clunkfest?

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Stewart is an American destroyer... for now.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Grey Hunter posted:

So many duds, they keep damaging the paintwork.
Since I claimed this one as my lucky ship, I can definitively state that they did that on Porpoise :haw:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Grumio posted:

CL Natori still unclaimed on the lucky ship list if anyone's interested...

I want it!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Mikl posted:

How does it feel to be on the other side of the clunkfest?

Very nice.

Being on the opposite side of the plane system, not so much.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

We continue to hunt for enemy ships. Murder may be a better word.

Tanks, backed up by a recon regiment, take another Base, and will now continue to advance.

We start up another offensive.

Java falls one base at a time, there is lettle that can stop us here.

I'm sure this will be joined by others soon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Natori's p good with those 14cm guns.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

The Natori and its entourage are approaching legendary status. :suspense:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If anyone has it handy, can you link me to Grey's playthrough as the US, please? I thought I had saved it, now cannot find it.

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003

MrMojok posted:

If anyone has it handy, can you link me to Grey's playthrough as the US, please? I thought I had saved it, now cannot find it.

Here you go

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

MrMojok posted:

Boom

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
One of those links is the true link. the other leads to a pit of depravity and insanity known to drive men to despair.

Which mean both are the correct link.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Are there any plans to move more men and materiel to Chungking as a decapitation strike against the KMT, or is it mostly invested as a method of keeping Chinese reinforcements and supplies bottled up while your other armies mop up the rest of the country? I bet having control of all of China could allow GH to garrison strongpoints with massive forces or perhaps to roll over most of India.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Anyone recall specific highlights (and more importantly dates?) from the US LP? I've heard about some crazy losses and I don't want to flip through all thousand+ turns.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Velius posted:

Anyone recall specific highlights (and more importantly dates?) from the US LP? I've heard about some crazy losses and I don't want to flip through all thousand+ turns.

The great anticlimax of Hornet. Maybe the name's just cursed?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

We continue to hunt for enemy ships. Murder may be a better word.

Poe no! Not my lucky ship :(

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Speaking of unlucky ships, is the YP-108 (:tinfoil:MV Joyita:tinfoil:) in the game? Or one of the crazy mods that adds a bunch of tiny ships?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Velius posted:

Here is the dropping of the first A-bomb

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AceRimmer posted:

Speaking of unlucky ships, is the YP-108 (:tinfoil:MV Joyita:tinfoil:) in the game? Or one of the crazy mods that adds a bunch of tiny ships?

Nope, which is curious because the game DOES have other YP ships (either already from the beginning or as reinforcements).

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Velius posted:

The great Iwo Jima debacle is probably one of my favourite moments in the old thread (sorry grey)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

lenoon posted:

The great Iwo Jima debacle is probably one of my favourite moments in the old thread (sorry grey)

Out of curiosity, could you give a short summary? I made it about two and a half years into the old LP, I should get around to finishing it.