Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

80s James Hetfield posted:

Haha, listening to Opie bash Stacey Dash for saying "Hirojima" instead of "Hiroshima" gave me a laugh/eyeroll when he had just spent the entire day saying Chuck Webner instead of Chuck Wepner when they were talking about Ali

Opie probably shouldn't be bashing anyone's pronunciation when he reads news stories and trips up on 'big words' with all of the cadence and timing of a 3rd grader called on to read the next paragraph in class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Who does O+J even get for guests anymore? It was really faltering before the firing.

MrChupon posted:

Opie probably shouldn't be bashing anyone's pronunciation when he reads news stories and trips up on 'big words' with all of the cadence and timing of a 3rd grader called on to read the next paragraph in class.

Yea good thing he doesn't have a communication job. Oh.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh c'mon guys, he was a wiz in math and science.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Snacksmaniac posted:

Who does O+J even get for guests anymore? It was really faltering before the firing.

There's a whole loving lot of Sherrod Small, Vic Henley, and some other terrible ones I can't remember off the top of my head. That said, on a day where Sherrod was in, they also had Dave Attell and Gilbert Gottfried. So that's why I listened to THAT one...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They get no name guests mostly, faded comics, faded or C level actors, etc. I think the staff on the show is a lot smaller now too, Opie mentioned that recently. Basically, they are just collecting their paychecks and Sirius XM is dumb enough to continue to pay them well over what they are worth.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 8, 2016

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

T Bowl posted:

They get no name guests mostly, faded comics, faded or C level actors, etc. I think the staff on the show is a lot smaller now too, Opie mentioned that recently. Basically, they are just collecting their paychecks and Sirius XM is dumb enough to continue to pay them well over what they are worth.

To quote a popular guest: DASSDABESSDOE

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Dassa Besso Jus Chill an Fuckin.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Some of the /r/opieandanthony contributions on the subject rule. What did Sherrod say when he was doing a home inspection? Dassasbestos. Just killin' and insulatin'.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

He did have a good point, though. It really is abesso.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Apoplexy posted:

To quote a popular guest: DASSDABESSDOE
Is there actually audio of someone making fun of Sherrod? This is the only thing that would make me even a litte interested about the show lately.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sintax posted:

Is there actually audio of someone making fun of Sherrod? This is the only thing that would make me even a litte interested about the show lately.
Anthony Cumia parachute found

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

CrashCat posted:

Anthony Cumia parachute found

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Boner City USA has replaced most of my O&A/O&J/TACS listening

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Sintax posted:

Sadly, no, unless you want to read off some /r/oanda stuff. There's Doug Stanhope being absolutely floored by the stupidity of Sherrod during the latest appearance he made. Sherrod pops off the 'dassdabessdoe, jus chillin n fuckin' line and Doug is like '... ... okay anyway...'

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
I'd find the black interpretation of asbestos and 'dassdabessdoe, pretty funny within the context of the next line. Just moronic funny. I enjoy Sherrod and Vic on their regular basis now though. You all ever listen to your city's talk show? It's still pretty much lame compared to this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tevryr posted:

I'd find the black interpretation of asbestos and 'dassdabessdoe, pretty funny within the context of the next line. Just moronic funny. I enjoy Sherrod and Vic on their regular basis now though. You all ever listen to your city's talk show? It's still pretty much lame compared to this.
True, it's always easy to forget how much way worse stuff I had to choose from in the past. Doesn't make me dislike Opie any less (for example) but I still have respect for what he got done.

Though the podcast thing has been going strong for a long time now so it's mostly been laziness that had me stick with them after a point

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I've also always been a little lazy for podcasts. I have BeyondPod on my phone but I always forget it exists.

Boner City USA sounds intriguing, any other recommendations that aren't commonplace here?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Everyone should listen to Analyze Phish. It's 9 glorious episodes.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Tevryr posted:

I don't find Vic overly funny, but I like his music nerd-ness. Sherrod just grates on me with his "I'm black and I'm oversexed" schtick...it's practically minstrel show level buffoonery.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Tevryr posted:

I seriously cannot imagine finding anything any of those people do or say funny on their own terms. It's incomprehensible to me.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

It's very funny to follow the death spiral, though.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I've never heard Sherrod say something funny. I don't mean "I don't find him funny and don't like his jokes." I don't think I've ever heard him make a joke. He just talks over people and/or makes noises.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

jerkstoresup posted:

I've also always been a little lazy for podcasts. I have BeyondPod on my phone but I always forget it exists.

Boner City USA sounds intriguing, any other recommendations that aren't commonplace here?

the new podcast Cum Town is really good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i legitimately don't know who Sherrod Small is and have no clue why he's famous, or at least famous enough to fill out Opie's insurance commercial demographic

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i legitimately don't know who Sherrod Small is and have no clue why he's famous, or at least famous enough to fill out Opie's insurance commercial demographic

chris rock's cousin

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HE'S

BLACK

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

chris rock's cousin

so he's the black brother joe

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
A good comparison, yes. Sherrod makes quite the thing about his being black, though. It's like he knows he has nothing else to offer, so he mentions his skin color and Chris Rock as frequently as possible.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Sherrod's terrible but drat black brother joe, i dunno that's fuckin harsh dude.

edit: i still lold tho.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I automatically skip any show with Sherrod Small or Chris DeStefano. Which is a lot of shows because Opie now wants to hang with people who are on the same comedy level as him.

Examples of Sherrod's radio skills:
https://youtu.be/D6s1LqAkWU0
https://youtu.be/ADb8r7wOOw0

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Droopy Goines posted:

I automatically skip any show with Sherrod Small or Chris DeStefano. Which is a lot of shows because Opie now wants to hang with people who are on the same comedy level as him.

Examples of Sherrod's radio skills:
https://youtu.be/D6s1LqAkWU0
https://youtu.be/ADb8r7wOOw0

Well, poo poo. That just took the piss out of Sherrod. I recognized his idiocy, but that puts a light on him for it.
Who wants to find a video of Vic Henley looking just as ignorant? The guy plays or was a southern redneck good ol' boy despite living in New York a fair part of his life.
Someone who knows better shatter him next for me? I have a feeling it might be a bit harder. His radio skills seem really good, and he's definitely the better end of the blue collar comedy tour.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

so he's the black brother joe

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tevryr posted:

Well, poo poo. That just took the piss out of Sherrod. I recognized his idiocy, but that puts a light on him for it.
Who wants to find a video of Vic Henley looking just as ignorant? The guy plays or was a southern redneck good ol' boy despite living in New York a fair part of his life.
Someone who knows better shatter him next for me? I have a feeling it might be a bit harder. His radio skills seem really good, and he's definitely the better end of the blue collar comedy tour.

Nobody ever really calls Sherrod out, they just kind of ignore his outburst and move on. Or if it's something too stupid to ignore then the entire conversation shifts. Like the whole Cleopatra tangent on RW, which he backed up with a lot of bellowing, made up facts and zero actual proof.

The closest thing we have is Ben Bailey at the Patrice roast, and guess Sherrod's reaction to like 2 roast jokes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyJ485sC5w&t=865s

The infuriating thing about Sherrod is that he's taking up space and phoning it in for a job that a hundred funnier people would love to do.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 10, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

red19fire posted:

Nobody ever really calls Sherrod out, they just kind of ignore his outburst and move on. Or if it's something too stupid to ignore then the entire conversation shifts. Like the whole Cleopatra tangent on RW, which he backed up with a lot of bellowing, made up facts and zero actual proof.

The closest thing we have is Ben Bailey at the Patrice roast, and guess Sherrod's reaction to like 2 roast jokes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyJ485sC5w&t=865s

The infuriating thing about Sherrod is that he's taking up space and phoning it in for a job that a hundred funnier people would love to do.

Yeah, but by being there he's showing everybody that Opie isn't a racist like Ant was. Or that's how the logic of that is supposed to go.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

jerkstoresup posted:

Ive mentioned it before but after Boner City died for reasons I don't know yet because I'm about 30 episodes in to 80ish, two of the guys, Danish and O'Neill, started their own podcast, which I've been enjoying a lot.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I just cancelled my satellite subscription because they wanted to charge me $294 for yearly service. gently caress that poo poo. With the way the channel is now (and was the main reason I had the subscription in the first place) there's absolutely no reason for me to continue paying for this poo poo. Thank gently caress for YouTube and the 145 episodes I have with Patrice O'Neil on them.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
http://dassabesso.com/

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
$30 a month almost?

Wow it was like $8 a month way back when I cancelled

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I used to think that free trials would care if you used the same phone number twice, a fake name/number, or checked if you were putting a "." in your email address to register it more than once.

Turns out they don't. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What is a normal rate these days? My brother's free trial is up and he was wondering.

• Locked thread