Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

If I put this together I'm picking my own leadership. The garbage pile that got forced on me last time can douse themselves in gasoline and self immolate.

I would inject a blackops battleship to not have to deal with the insufferables in most squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
I think a squad built around tropic thunder as a gimmick would be p rad

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
AU squad thunderwaffe from down under

surely this has been done before

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I think a squad built around tropic thunder as a gimmick would be p rad

ISRAD did this a few years ago.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Xolve posted:

ISRAD did this a few years ago.

Who rolled the Minmatar and rp'd being an Amarr pretending to be a Minmatar disguised as a Caldari

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Jazzzzz posted:

Who rolled the Minmatar and rp'd being an Amarr pretending to be a Minmatar disguised as a Caldari

...what?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
so you've never seen tropic thunder

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Xolve posted:

...what?

Have you seen Tropic Thunder?

efb once again

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Rhymenoserous posted:

So after making a few jokes about it I've been getting a lot of jabber PM's and other PMs and a few steam convos.

So I'll ask the eve thread: Anyone interested in a covert hotdrop squad with a hilarious 80's gimmick... if you know what I'm saying? I'm already talking to a few key people to help me get things rolling again.

welp, pretty sure I left a redeemer and a blops v guy locked up in Deklein somewhere

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jazzzzz posted:

Wouldn't it be be more like rolling Gallente and rp'ing being an Amarr pretending to be a Minmatar?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
at one point pretending to be an achura, right?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Leg posted:

welp, pretty sure I left a redeemer and a blops v guy locked up in Deklein somewhere

Won't be long until you can get that back, by the looks of things.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
A redeemer with a maxed out pilot would be incredibly easy to extract anyway as long as you have fuel in the bay, just slap a covert cyno onto a nullified t3, burn to a convenient extraction point, undock the blops, and jump out. The likelihood that anybody will be camping or bubbling the undocks of random Dek stations at this stage of the war is virtually zero.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Rhymenoserous posted:

So after making a few jokes about it I've been getting a lot of jabber PM's and other PMs and a few steam convos.

So I'll ask the eve thread: Anyone interested in a covert hotdrop squad with a hilarious 80's gimmick... if you know what I'm saying? I'm already talking to a few key people to help me get things rolling again.

Oh God yes.

Im ready, but only if we can play Rick Astley songs.

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Iron Leg posted:

Reach out to Xrensa, he has stuff setup to help people extract jump ships from Deklein.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean I literally still have my avatar from the last time topgoon did this.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
What's the difference between Goonswarm federation and Ten Dollar Bond?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Whether you post on SA or Reddit

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Divine Blob posted:

One wants sov but doesn't have it, the other has it but doesn't care about it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Bilirubin posted:

so is reddit... bad? i enjoy some reddit pages :ohdear:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Divine Blob posted:

Hair gel

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Bilirubin posted:

I dont post on reddit. So is GSF the reddit group???questionmark?

Probally the main difference is that GSF is much much larger and probally better organised. Even if we gladly accept newbies in TDB, if you are completly new it might be better to join GSF since they have a great wiki and are also very helpful.

But just check both out and see what you like. Some like the Mega Alliance and some like a smaller group.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Blazing Zero posted:

so is reddit... bad? i enjoy some reddit pages :ohdear:

Reddit isn't bad per se. r/eve is filled to the brim with smug TEST shitposters among other things. Sometimes it's okay, and I post on there every so often. I prefer SA. Not only is activity here required to get into Goonwaffe, which is my goal once I gain better experience and a better grasp of my goals in EVE. The Goon community is actually quite nice. Something Offal is my favorite part of the site, though I mainly just lurk for recipes.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Nazareth posted:

Reddit isn't bad per se. r/eve is filled to the brim with smug TEST shitposters among other things. Sometimes it's okay, and I post on there every so often. I prefer SA. Not only is activity here required to get into Goonwaffe, which is my goal once I gain better experience and a better grasp of my goals in EVE. The Goon community is actually quite nice. Something Offal is my favorite part of the site, though I mainly just lurk for recipes.

i dont mind the r/eve poo poo posting cause it happens here too, you know? good luck on your journey to joining goons in sapce

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Blazing Zero posted:

i dont mind the r/eve poo poo posting cause it happens here too, you know? good luck on your journey to joining goons in sapce

Arigatou gozaimasu. :anime:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The main drawback is that reddit lacks the cathartic element of having its insufferable badposters be smacked down by Videogames.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Blazing Zero posted:

poo poo posting seems to be endemic among EVE players.

Sometimes I'm sorry I wasn't around for Kugu - particularly when people bring up some of the legendary awful posts made there.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Do it

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I was just curious because I haven't played in a very long time, and even then I didn't have any idea what I was doing. I'm assuming Ten Dollar Bond is the one that cares about sov, and goonswarm is the one that doesn't care? I kind of got the vibe that ten dollar bond was the more relaxed corp however, and goonswarm was the more serious one though from reading through the threads.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Divine Blob posted:

I was just curious because I haven't played in a very long time, and even then I didn't have any idea what I was doing. I'm assuming Ten Dollar Bond is the one that cares about sov, and goonswarm is the one that doesn't care? I kind of got the vibe that ten dollar bond was the more relaxed corp however, and goonswarm was the more serious one though from reading through the threads.

You got the correct vibe.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Rhymenoserous posted:

Make it either an Archer reference or some kind of Synthwave reference and I will be in.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Nobody did this. You just want to see if it's a good idea without taking responsibility for your idea if nobody shows interest.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Divine Blob posted:

I kind of got the vibe that ten dollar bond was the more relaxed corp however, and goonswarm was the more serious one though from reading through the threads.

Short version - Goonswarm Federation was the largest alliance of The Imperium, which ran most of the Northwest for a few years until the rest of Eve mustered their collective butthurt and forced us out. Hence "cares about sov but doesn't have any" which is more or less accurate (although I would say we care less than we did). TDB is probably more akin to Groon than GSF on the chill-serious axis, they have (had?) one or two systems somewhere but don't seem super serious about building up massive holdings.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

TDB is pretty chill. We're starting out with a constellation in the Querious thunderdome.

I like that there's a small number of guys in jabber and I can recognise their names. It has a feel like Theta did. Where you can chat to people.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Vando posted:

The main drawback is that reddit lacks the cathartic element of having its insufferable badposters be smacked down by Videogames.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Paging fitters :ullerrm:

The wiki looks super out of date, so can any give me suggestions on how to fit this?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

vyst posted:

Nobody did this. You just want to see if it's a good idea without taking responsibility for your idea if nobody shows interest.

Are you going to bring back EVE's biggest loser?

Not being a dick, I genuinely want to participate.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Repackage it and put it in a hanger until ccp actually makes it a skin. Aka, never.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Happy birthday! Here's the one Zarvox Toral welped back at the end of March

[Rattlesnake Victory Edition]
'Radical' Damage Control
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Dark Blood Heavy Capacitor Booster
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Large Micro Jump Drive
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor
Caldari Navy Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher,Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II

Ogre II x2
'Augmented' Acolyte x5
Gecko x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

I've been out of it for a couple weeks. Has PL withdrawn?

• Locked thread