Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
it's coming home once roy starts vardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
England remains England

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
It's coming home to Mother Russia.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
It's still coming home

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

It's still coming home

Yes. The English team is coming home soon.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It was an unlucky draw and England played really well. There's no cause for concern.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ephex posted:

It's just not gonna come home, lads.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

TROLL FREE ZONE MODS PLS

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

gently caress roy hodgson for not playing vardy. for that reason, it's not coming home

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hegay posted:

TROLL FREE ZONE MODS PLS

you're danish

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

why did Hart leave his goalline????

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

straight up brolic posted:

very carefully

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Harry Kane: BAD
Raheem Sterling: REALLY BAD
Roy Hodgson: INTERNATIONAL LAUGHINGSTOCK
Football: STILL COMING HOME?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ephex posted:

you're danish

The English invented the game we enjoy you ungrateful troll. Enriched our world while you lot was busy destroying it. Brexit now

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

We told you Roy Hodgson was poo poo.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Maybe the owl faced oval office will start Vardy in the next game

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Roy will come good.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Roy will come good.

I think it's coming home because the Brave Lads will overcome his incompetence

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

straight up brolic posted:

Because he's really bad.

Honestly other than him England played great. A little more accuracy and they'd have had 3 or 4 goals. That was the best game I've seen Rooney play in a long time.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Kane was poor tonight imo, anonymous and only good play he made was the dummy for Dier

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

Because he's really bad.

Honestly other than him England played great. A little more accuracy and they'd have had 3 or 4 goals. That was the best game I've seen Rooney play in a long time.

I know Roy is a big fan of his but I honestly prefer Forster as a keeper, he's much better at organising his defence

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Mind you Russia look like a Big Sam team, watch them nick this in injury time

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Because he's really bad.

This is wrong.

England were poo poo but marginally less poo poo than Russia.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I thought England were good tonight. It was the best team performance they've put in in god knows how long.

Sterling was frustrating, but he was at least getting into good situations. The only thing that really concerned me was how utterly anonymous Kane was, and the fact that Roy did nothing to change that with a bench full of quality striking options.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Kane was poor tonight imo, anonymous and only good play he made was the dummy for Dier

Should've come off when we scored really

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Like Wrighty and lads have pointed out, it was one of those unlucky things. A last gasp balloon ball into the box last minute that honed in on a mis-match in height (Russia fielded some big lads tbf, and only looked threatening from set pieces in the air). But we dominated the match from start to finish pretty much (except for a patch in the second half), and we hit the post and the bar and put it in the net on two other occassions. Bitters everywhere I think wish us to fail which is why we dont get the luck sometimes, but our brave boys have gone out and played the best football of the tournament and I think we'll only go on to crush the hapless Welsh and Slovakia and qualify top.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Xabi posted:

This is wrong.

England were poo poo but marginally less poo poo than Russia.

Plenty of chances created and dominated the game for most of it. Maybe I'm equating possession to "good", I'm catching Barcelona disease.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

cadfael posted:

Like Wrighty and lads have pointed out, it was one of those unlucky things. A last gasp balloon ball into the box last minute that honed in on a mis-match in height (Russia fielded some big lads tbf, and only looked threatening from set pieces in the air). But we dominated the match from start to finish pretty much (except for a patch in the second half), and we hit the post and the bar and put it in the net on two other occassions. Bitters everywhere I think wish us to fail which is why we dont get the luck sometimes, but our brave boys have gone out and played the best football of the tournament and I think we'll only go on to crush the hapless Welsh and Slovakia and qualify top.

All of this is correct.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Plenty of chances created and dominated the game for most of it. Maybe I'm equating possession to "good", I'm catching Barcelona disease.
I think you are, unfortunately.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

peanut- posted:

I thought England were good tonight. It was the best team performance they've put in in god knows how long.

Sterling was frustrating, but he was at least getting into good situations. The only thing that really concerned me was how utterly anonymous Kane was, and the fact that Roy did nothing to change that with a bench full of quality striking options.

100% correct. rooney was good as well

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i wonder how a europe xi would have faired against the russians

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I don't understand why Kane was taking corners and some of the free kicks

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

No, England were fairly good overall. idg what it is about England that makes people have such loving meltdowns and become unable to judge them like a normal team.

Cut out Payet's wonder goal and England looked about on par with France yesterday, better than their opposition but a little bit dysfunctional in the way the international teams often are at the beginning of tournaments.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rooney did play well but really vardy should have come on and honestly we should have seen out that game more professionally, take it into the corners and get the three points

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

No, England were fairly good overall. idg what it is about England that makes people have such loving meltdowns and become unable to judge them like a normal team.

Cut out Payet's wonder goal and England looked about on par with France yesterday, better than their opposition but a little bit dysfunctional in the way the international teams often are at the beginning of tournaments.

Lol no, Kante and payet both played incredibly well, and dechamps noticed pogba being innefecutual and took him off like Roy should have done with kane

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I'm just content that the England team has a bit of chemistry and doesn't play like the football is a live grenade anymore.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

pointsofdata posted:

I don't understand why Kane was taking corners and some of the free kicks

Nor why he took the one after Dier's goal

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im watching the pundits on ITV and it turns out we didnt just draw with russia actually we just won the world cup

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Fts the next one is on in the mid-afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hoops posted:

Fts the next one is on in the mid-afternoon

You mean 8am