Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
I had $27 for the Birken Sandals campaign but just but one :toxx: to give for my abuela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
:toxx: for a candidate I dislike less than trump.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

super mario batali posted:

:toxx: for a candidate I dislike less than trump.

Congratulations on the south park meme good job.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

DemeaninDemon posted:

Congratulations on the south park meme good job.

Not sure what you mean
e: no thats a byob thing

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I wasn't around these parts when south park put out the douche v turd episode in 2004(?) so who knows!

Either way :abuela: owns gonna be the second best president in the last 50 years.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Just not as bad as trump.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

I wasn't around these parts when south park put out the douche v turd episode in 2004(?) so who knows!

Either way :abuela: owns gonna be the second best president in the last 50 years.

I don't think South Park invented the idea of voting for the lesser evil, though as libertarians its creators may think that they did.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Honestly I think the lesser evil never gets enough credit/appreciation

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
:toxx: for HRC.

I mean, if Trump wins, odds are good I'll have to flee the country and cut all ties with my past life anyways. The SA account seems like a good place to start.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Between two candidates one will always be the lesser of two evils anyway. We all have sin. Especially Trump.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I'm with her

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Despera posted:

Honestly I think the lesser evil never gets enough credit/appreciation

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

once again :bagl:ey is good

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where does the abuela thing come from?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Wanamingo posted:

Where does the abuela thing come from?

Abuela is the Spanish word for grandmother. Waaaay back in the before times (like, October I think) Hillary made an awkward ad comparing her to a Mexican grandmother and a bunch of bernouts lots their poo poo or something. Somewhere between here and there it was reclaimed unironically as a term of endearment.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Abuela is the Spanish word for grandmother. Waaaay back in the before times (like, October I think) Hillary made an awkward ad comparing her to a Mexican grandmother and a bunch of bernouts lots their poo poo or something. Somewhere between here and there it was reclaimed unironically as a term of endearment.

It was this part of her website and it is, indeed, very bad and awkward. :cripes:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DemeaninDemon posted:

Between two candidates one will always be the lesser of two evils anyway. We all have sin. Especially Trump.

You could even say that one is better, instead of less evil.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

smg77 posted:

It was this part of her website and it is, indeed, very bad and awkward. :cripes:

You don't know awkward and bad Hillary until you hear her pandering to a Southern black audience. I DON'T FEEEEEEEEEEL NO WAYS TIIIIIIIRED

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Apoplexy posted:

You don't know awkward and bad Hillary until you hear her pandering to a Southern black audience. I DON'T FEEEEEEEEEEL NO WAYS TIIIIIIIRED

I kind of feel encouraged by her horrible, awkward, bad pandering to different audiences. She realizes that they have different needs and wants, but she's not a smooth enough operator to express that in any way other than bad accents and changed syntax. It's an honest falseness.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Baby's first Toxx.

I'm not as confident in Hilldawg's victory as I wish I could be, but the earth will rapidly be destroyed in hellfire if Trump wins anyway, so... Yay! Now I get to post in a Toxx thread!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Baby's first Toxx.

I'm not as confident in Hilldawg's victory as I wish I could be, but the earth will rapidly be destroyed in hellfire if Trump wins anyway, so... Yay! Now I get to post in a Toxx thread!

Invest with confidence friend. Kansas is now a battleground state for her.

Kansas.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Invest with confidence friend. Kansas is now a battleground state for her.

Kansas.

Zogby reality is somehow even stranger than our own.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Hillary wouldn't beat Satan in Kansas.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
Well if Trump stays at the top of the ticket we're going to find out!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I just remembered that the LF toxx thread issued permas. We've gotten soft

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I'll perma-toxx for Hillary.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Baby's first Toxx.

Relax. In 2016 this map is not so batshit crazy that it would be laughed out of the room at this point. It is not Dick Morris wrong. That is the poo poo hole that the Republicans have dug themselves into.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
The best part about that never going to happen map is it almost connects the blue sides of the country. The northern Republicans have less in common with the Southern ones than they have differences, so getting rid of the ideological middle of the party would be helpful in insuring that they fall to infighting.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

Relax. In 2016 this map is not so batshit crazy that it would be laughed out of the room at this point. It is not Dick Morris wrong. That is the poo poo hole that the Republicans have dug themselves into.

Mormons hate Trump and Hillary in equal measure, Utah gonna be Dem or Libertarian, and it is amazing.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I mean, you say that...

http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/capitol-report/2016/jun/10/poll-shows-clinton-leading-in-kansas-bro/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Necc0 posted:

I just remembered that the LF toxx thread issued permas. We've gotten soft

they weren't really permas, they let the people back in under alternate accounts if they wanted to return :ssh:

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fortunately, talk radio has informed me that Hillary is Satan so she doesn't have to worry about that.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Hillary/Satan 2016

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
:toxx: for :abuela:

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
For interested people: Hillary beat Bernie in California, 56 to 43%. It didn't help that I'm registered independent No Party Preference so I didn't have to vote either way. I hope Bernie pulls Hillary to the left a little more, but mainly I'm looking forward to :munch: while this all plays out.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

celeron 300a posted:

For interested people: Hillary beat Bernie in California, 56 to 43%. It didn't help that I'm registered independent No Party Preference so I didn't have to vote either way. I hope Bernie pulls Hillary to the left a little more, but mainly I'm looking forward to :munch: while this all plays out.

No Party Preference voters were eligible to vote in the California Democratic Primary.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Vox Nihili posted:

No Party Preference voters were eligible to vote in the California Democratic Primary.

I didn't want a crossover ballot. Dun dun dunnnnn

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hillary's policy positions are so loving thorough that she has a stance on horse soring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

celeron 300a posted:

I didn't want a crossover ballot. Dun dun dunnnnn

then what's the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:911: :toxx: :911: