Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"Aaw shucks I'm right upset I recon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Man, I like All Might a lot. He's so cool. I want to be just like him.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Butt Ghost posted:

__________/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Butt Ghost posted:

This hecking kid

I've loved Midnight from the very first panel she ever appeared in. :allears:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Midnight is good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanna see how they color her for the anime.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanna see how they color her for the anime.

Flesh coloured, she's actually topless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She already briefly appeared in the anime. Her outfit was not skin colored. It was deeply disappointing.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Magnificent. It's refreshing to see how good of a grasp of actual human anatomy this guy has compared to the competition. My god! People who seem to be made of flesh and organs and not plastic! What a concept!!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Even the blatant fanservice character has totally realistic anatomy. It's a refreshing change.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

the status quo also consists of mutants. when everyone has super powers then they arent stigmatized. the "excommunicated mutants" are excommunicated because they like killing and stealing.

Magneto literally named it The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tunicate posted:

Magneto literally named it The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I think it got a name change after they realized they did not want Magneto and his followers to be pure evil. I think it's just called the Brotherhood of Mutants or Brotherhood of Terroist Mutants, or simply the Brotherhood.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I've only ever heard it called The Brotherhood, but I am by no means a close follower of X-Men.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the evil part was dropped as soon as they decided to occasionally make magneto something other than a cackling 1-dimensional villain. i think the first time he ran the school was in the late 70's, so it isn't exactly a new thing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I only really followed the plot in some of the movies and it was kinda odd how he was kinda right while Xavier ran a terrorist organization disguised as defenders of justice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
magneto has been around for over 50 years and different writers used him in lots of ways. originally he was just a dude who wanted to rule the world, but that version had terrible people skills and treated all of his subordinates like trash. so, while at that time he more or less had the same goal as a41, unlike a41 he had no charisma.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
now you're supposed to derive some deep meaning from the fact he's a jew trying to commit a holocaust

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jose posted:

now you're supposed to derive some deep meaning from the fact he's a jew trying to commit a holocaust

He's been a passionate believer in Ubermesch and Lebensraum for the Mutant Race for a longass time I thought.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
these days he is more of a violent terrorist who only attacks people who kill and exploit mutants. no civilian targets, no pretenses at nation building, certainly no attempts at ruling the world. a dickbag who only kills even worse dickbags is a pretty good role for him, I think.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Jose posted:

That was always the Xavier/Magneto contrast, though. They both went through the holocaust, one said, 'This must never happen again," and the other said, "This must never happen to us again." And then they had awesome mutant fights.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jose posted:

Isn't Magneto Roma?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This is why comics are confusing. It'd be like if Helck and All Might were branded as the same guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Isn't Magneto Roma?

That's Dr Doom I believe.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Space-Bird posted:

This is why comics are confusing. It'd be like if Helck and All Might were branded as the same guy.

I believe in All Might.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Silver2195 posted:

Isn't Magneto Roma?

Magneto is jewish, he later had a kid with a Roma woman, who gave birth to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Except then Scarlet Witch got so mad at magneto that she warped reality so now they're not actually his kids anymore.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Magneto is jewish, he later had a kid with a Roma woman, who gave birth to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Except then Scarlet Witch got so mad at magneto that she warped reality so now they're not actually his kids anymore.

she was upset that sony had the movie rights to her dad but marvel had the rights to her and her brother

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KittyEmpress posted:

I love Marvel's reaction to Fox refusing to renegotiate the movie deals. Also that Fox are gigantic idiots for not renegotiating.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When Marvel proposed getting Spidey back from Sony, they were laughed out of the office, and corporate HQ in Japan heard about it and said "What the gently caress are you doing?!"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

When Marvel proposed getting Spidey back from Sony, they were laughed out of the office, and corporate HQ in Japan heard about it and said "What the gently caress are you doing?!"

W-wait, Spidey is owned by Sony? I don't follow Superhero comics (or at least industry news), so wow, that's news to me.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Sony bought the movie rights to Spidey back when superhero movies were all awful so they got 'em for cheap and basically forever. Then they knocked it outta the park with the first movie, and did an awful job for the next eighteen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The contract marvel signed back when superhero movies weren't successful was one of the worst contracts in history

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's why it was such a miracle when Spidey showed up in Avengers. It's also why Avengers, despite having two mutants, pretends the X-men doesn't exist. A compromise because Sony also owns the movie rights to X-Men characters.

It's also why they keep shoveling out lovely reboots, if they stop using them the rights will revert back to Marvel.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kyte posted:

It's why it was such a miracle when Spidey showed up in Avengers. It's also why Avengers, despite having two mutants, pretends the X-men doesn't exist. A compromise because Sony also owns the movie rights to X-Men characters.

It's also why they keep shoveling out lovely reboots, if they stop using them the rights will revert back to Marvel.

Pretending X-men doesn't exist is for the best, really.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
But Marvel is going as far as replacing the Mutants with Inhumans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if that were true there wouldn't still be tons of x-books coming out. they are trying to push inhumans pretty hard despite no one in the world caring about them, but there are what, 3 different x-men teams (each with their own comic) and two different wolverine solo titles still? also one of the three avenger teams has a bunch of mutants on it, and another is employed by a mutant.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
We're only talking the movies though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kyte posted:

We're only talking the movies though.

they are still making both x-men comics and x-men movies despite disney not having the movie rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I thought 20th Century Fox had the rights to X-men.