Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
WESP moves poo poo all over the place constantly. Not super surprised items aren't where they should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
WESP is a gently caress

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Max Wilco posted:

I read it only shows up in the Plus Patch, and I think I might have installed the most basic version.

Yeah, the Fireaxe in the Ocean Hotel is a Plus addition. The Basic patch only includes bug fixes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Iron Prince posted:

WESP is a gently caress

The only good change that WESP ever did in regards to item placement is making the uber katana a reward for the Demon Hunter X subquest in Chinatown where you help the girl kill the landshark, instead of literally just finding it on the floor in some random area of the... Nightclub, I think?

Either way, that was a good change. Rest is stupid as poo poo.

EDIT: Oh and moving Fat Larry to his original Beta spot by the truck in the alley, instead of in the middle of the street in plain view. They moved him for release and shoved that truck out there (which is why it stands out and looks terrible) because they were worried people wouldn't find him in the alley or something.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Given how many times I've replayed this game, I wouldn't mind a randomness factor to item placement as long as the power-level of the item doesn't change. Perhaps as an game-option so everyone can have their cake and eat it too.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Yeah, I never personally cared about the ever changing item placements. Helps keep things from getting stale IMO.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Fuzz posted:

The only good change that WESP ever did in regards to item placement is making the uber katana a reward for the Demon Hunter X subquest in Chinatown where you help the girl kill the landshark, instead of literally just finding it on the floor in some random area of the... Nightclub, I think?

It was in the hotel with all the Sabbat in it, in like a random room along with a flamethrower.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Fuzz posted:

EDIT: Oh and moving Fat Larry to his original Beta spot by the truck in the alley, instead of in the middle of the street in plain view. They moved him for release and shoved that truck out there (which is why it stands out and looks terrible) because they were worried people wouldn't find him in the alley or something.

They weren't worried people wouldn't find it. They knew people wouldn't find it. Apparently a large portion of their testers never found Larry and that's why they moved him.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Never underestimate the sheer blindness of game testers.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Right, that's very surprising hearing that. The alley isn't exactly hidden or in an out-of-the-way area. Maybe I should become a game tester.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, its right there with heavy enough foot traffic that it makes a great feeding spot

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
I'm really sorry if this has been discussed (I'm sure it has but it's hard to search it on my smartphone), but what are everyone's thoughts on the high res mods?
http://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/10/ This one has a lot of good reviews but also complaints about drops in fps. Anyone given it a try?

Saw this drat thread at 3am and had to buy the game all over again. Damnit.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't but I don't think I want to based off the preview shots. It looks kind of ugly and blown out and too loving dark.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I have a much better looking Reshade setup I made that I can grab some screenshots of a little later and I can upload the preset too if anyone is interested. I was planning on doing it anyway. But yeah, the ENB for this game isn't very good and it murders the frame rate.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Here's the ReShade settings I created for myself. There's comparison images and even a video to see. Of course, I recommend you install it and try it out for yourself.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5584/

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Upmarket Mango posted:

Here's the ReShade settings I created for myself. There's comparison images and even a video to see. Of course, I recommend you install it and try it out for yourself.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5584/

So... you put a reddish purple filter over everything? Why... it really doesn't make it moody at all, just painful to look at.

EDIT: Conversely, this looks amazing:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5527/

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 10, 2016

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Fuzz posted:

So... you put a reddish purple filter over everything? Why... it really doesn't make it moody at all, just painful to look at.

EDIT: Conversely, this looks amazing:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5527/

To each his own. I wanted something different. That one you linked does look really great, though. Not too keen on DoF though.

e: I did forget to enable the whites level adjustment I made before I took those screenshots, which is why the whites look less than white.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 10, 2016

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't like either of them. The purple isn't really my taste, and the other just looks like someone smeared vaseline all over my screen (also, I hate film grain).

Less is more for me.

Edit: Decided I'd share my preset which I use on a few different games. I went ahead and put it up on the SweetFX Settings DB with a bunch of comparison images.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 10, 2016

GlowingFauxPas
Jul 24, 2002

TraditiOWNED
Is there a way to disable the clips that play when you first open the game, showing you the logo for Troika and White Wolf?

vvv Thank you!

GlowingFauxPas fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 27, 2016

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

GlowingFauxPas posted:

Is there a way to disable the clips that play when you first open the game, showing you the logo for Troika and White Wolf?

Go into "...\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\Vampire\media" and remove/rename all the .bik files in there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Bloodlines is currently $10 on GoG.com's summer sale. The perfect time to pick up a fourth or fifth copy of the game.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
A question about Bloodlines being on GOG.com - in 2006, CCP bought White Wolf. In 2010, GOG signed with Activision, publisher of Bloodlines. But it was only about half a year after White Wolf's purchase by Paradox that Bloodlines' release on GOG could happen. Which means that rights-hoarding, hard-to-deal-with corporation Activision wasn't the one gumming up the works - CCP was somehow worse than Activision. Is this at all consistent with CCP's behavior, or was it just an unusual situation?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BiggerJ posted:

A question about Bloodlines being on GOG.com - in 2006, CCP bought White Wolf. In 2010, GOG signed with Activision, publisher of Bloodlines. But it was only about half a year after White Wolf's purchase by Paradox that Bloodlines' release on GOG could happen. Which means that rights-hoarding, hard-to-deal-with corporation Activision wasn't the one gumming up the works - CCP was somehow worse than Activision. Is this at all consistent with CCP's behavior, or was it just an unusual situation?

Nah, sounds about right. CCP suuuuuucked at handling the license.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They probably lost it under all their EVE money.

Sie
Apr 26, 2009

PureRok posted:

I don't like either of them. The purple isn't really my taste, and the other just looks like someone smeared vaseline all over my screen (also, I hate film grain).

Less is more for me.

Edit: Decided I'd share my preset which I use on a few different games. I went ahead and put it up on the SweetFX Settings DB with a bunch of comparison images.

Same. Far too many of the ENB/ReShade/SweetFX presets enable needlessly flashy options that do more to harm image quality than enhance it. That "Director's Cut" one is hideous and makes roadtextures look like they have veins.

So like yourself, I took to making my own to get rid of the game's washed out look and make it all look a bit colder. I uploaded it at the SweetFX DB should anyone want to try it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey, when did they make so Heather could join you on missions? I just started a fresh play through and there are a bunch options for her.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Hey, when did they make so Heather could join you on missions? I just started a fresh play through and there are a bunch options for her.

The old Companion Mod had it and the Clan Quest Mod includes an option for a "Companion Mod Lite" which limits the companions to Heather and Yukie. I am pretty sure you can use this to prevent her from dying, too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh okay, I didn't click companion lite last time I installed

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Never tried that, what does it do? Knowing the AI in this game it sounds like needless babysitting.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Sie posted:

Same. Far too many of the ENB/ReShade/SweetFX presets enable needlessly flashy options that do more to harm image quality than enhance it. That "Director's Cut" one is hideous and makes roadtextures look like they have veins.

So like yourself, I took to making my own to get rid of the game's washed out look and make it all look a bit colder. I uploaded it at the SweetFX DB should anyone want to try it.

That looks nice. I think I'll give it a try.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Never tried that, what does it do? Knowing the AI in this game it sounds like needless babysitting.

They basically just follow you around and are functionally immortal. If they behave properly they fight alongside you, with any weapons you give them, and they can be used to carry extra poo poo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sie posted:

drat, this is nice. Good job!

Adding it to the second post.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Sie posted:

I made a video of your preset being used in Downtown, just showing off some locales while toggling on and off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrzDOi28ha8

E: There's a weird glitch around 2 minutes in that lasts for about 1.5 minutes. It's not in the original video, I guess something messed up in the upload.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 12, 2016

Sie
Apr 26, 2009

Fuzz posted:

drat, this is nice. Good job!

Adding it to the second post.

Thanks. I've tweaked it a very small amount since posting earlier but not enough to warrant new screenshots (or videos - thanks for uploading that PureRok). It looks largely the same with only minor tweaks to the HDR and colour balance in the extreme shadows and highlights, plus a few other little things that aren't even worth mentioning.

I should probably just get on with playing the game now. This'll be my second attempt at finishing it - the first was a few years ago where I got pretty far in but ended up moving onto some other games and forgetting to go back to it. Not sure why really because the game certainly lived up to the hype and I remember enjoying it immensely.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sie posted:

Thanks. I've tweaked it a very small amount since posting earlier but not enough to warrant new screenshots (or videos - thanks for uploading that PureRok). It looks largely the same with only minor tweaks to the HDR and colour balance in the extreme shadows and highlights, plus a few other little things that aren't even worth mentioning.

I should probably just get on with playing the game now. This'll be my second attempt at finishing it - the first was a few years ago where I got pretty far in but ended up moving onto some other games and forgetting to go back to it. Not sure why really because the game certainly lived up to the hype and I remember enjoying it immensely.

My only suggestion would be to add some Depth of Field during conversations, but since the game isn't coded for that at all, there'd be no way to selectively have it come on during only the conversations, and some people lose their poo poo when DoF is on all the time. (personally, I'm a big fan of it when it's used in the distance and for effect, like in all of the Witcher games)

Sie
Apr 26, 2009

Fuzz posted:

My only suggestion would be to add some Depth of Field during conversations, but since the game isn't coded for that at all, there'd be no way to selectively have it come on during only the conversations, and some people lose their poo poo when DoF is on all the time. (personally, I'm a big fan of it when it's used in the distance and for effect, like in all of the Witcher games)

That's pretty much why I left the effect out. Shame as I'm a sucker for DoF in a game too but turning it on was causing visual artifacts, blurring text and causing weird smearing to appear in certain situations.

As it is now, it's purely SweetFX.

Sie fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 12, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So make it a Malk-only effect! :pseudo:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Does anyone know yay or nay if the Unofficial Patch is incorporated into the recently released GOG version of the game? It's not at all unusual for GOG to have popular and/or virtually required fan patches in them, another example being System Shock 2.

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

Does anyone know yay or nay if the Unofficial Patch is incorporated into the recently released GOG version of the game? It's not at all unusual for GOG to have popular and/or virtually required fan patches in them, another example being System Shock 2.

They are using the 9.5 Basic Unofficial Patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Matthaeus posted:

They are using the 9.5 Basic Unofficial Patch.

Wow, that's kind of annoying in a lot of ways, since that would prevent you from properly installing newer patches/some mods due to incompatibility. I'll edit the OP if someone can confirm the GOG version has compatibility issues.

• Locked thread