Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Meiteron posted:

They really could not have picked a better boss as inspiration for the role it's filling in the player base right now.

It's not even that hard of a fight, it's just that, like someone else said a few days ago, your main enemy in the fight is the 16-23 agents of chaos that you got matched with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not even that hard of a fight, it's just that, like someone else said a few days ago, your main enemy in the fight is the 16-23 agents of chaos that you got matched with.

teh "warrios of the dark"

ozma able to be meleed if you max out all beast tribes yet :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This game likes making references to in game tedium (moogle beastmen talking about the quests you had to do in moghome), when do we get a wink wink nudge nudge for the WoL having to deal with fellow adventurers that can't dungeon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That would be Edda's former party.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, uh is it normal for members of the wrong GC to be put in your frontline groups? We had an Adder in our Flames alliance today and we could tab target but not attack him just like he could manually click and heal us but not use shortcut keys.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That was an awesome ending to the MSQ for this patch. Optimism and what felt like our first real VICTORY in a little bit. It felt peaceful. So are we done with Ishgard for now then? Is it time to move on? When is 4.0 becoming a thing?

Also, why didn't they just destroy the loving eyes?

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 12, 2016

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
There's two more patches of story to set up the next expansion, which will probably be announced at FanFest.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

The next expansion is going to take us to Ala Mhigo.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

That was an awesome ending to the MSQ for this patch. Optimism and what felt like our first real VICTORY in a little bit. It felt peaceful. So are we done with Ishgard for now then? Is it time to move on? When is 4.0 becoming a thing?

It was a pretty good ending to the current story, though I wondered that last point myself. I don't think they actually can?

The last of our companions are involved with Ala Mhigo so that's the plot thread that'll probably carry us into 4.0 over there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SonicRulez posted:

Because if it's even possible to do so, they certainly don't know how, and pissing about trying to figure it out is just inviting Yet Another loving Possession. All in all, hucking them into the abyss was the safest option available.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Makes sense. Ala Mhigo are where the last of our Scion mates are. I'm just glad that expansion is likely to end with us on the moon. And killing that fucker Illberd.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Because if it's even possible to do so, they certainly don't know how, and pissing about trying to figure it out is just inviting Yet Another loving Possession. All in all, hucking them into the abyss was the safest option available.

I feel like, were it up to me, I would've figured that out before I tossed 'em off a cliff. Granted they had no idea the Dark Warriors were slightly to the left of the camera.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Just finished Weeping City with less than a minute left on the clock.

Feels good man.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Issues with people wiping besides, WCoM is probably the most fun I've had in a 24man since ST was brand new.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Weeping City is just so incredibly cool, and Ozma might be my favorite encounter in the game yet, taken as-is.

I don't want to just dismiss "other players" as the problem, precisely, though that isn't entirely wrong. The phases Ozma goes through, taken individually, are leveling dungeon mid-boss tier in difficulty, if even that. What seems to get people is the combination of the multiple phases and the pressure of having to deal with them plus other players, being afraid of screwing up and pissing everyone off. Walking on eggshells while juggling, or something. People probably will be good at it after a few weeks, but for now I just kinda feel bad for anyone whose first experience is with purely random groups.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

WCoM is some of the only non-raid content in the game I've wanted to run solely for the sake of running it even though I'd already gotten the penny and the gear drop, just because it's that good.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Yeah Ozma's the right mixture of 'awesome visuals and mechanics' to really make him stand out and live up to his namesake. Black Hole by itself is awesome.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah Ozma's the right mixture of 'awesome visuals and mechanics' to really make him stand out and live up to his namesake. Black Hole by itself is awesome.

I went into Ozma basically blind except knowing the orb damage was percentage based and god drat what an incredible fight.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Black Hole is super neat visually, but that music just knocks it out of the park. Soken's sense of humor did not stop at Good King Moggle Mog, oh no.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

so i can probably do all of heavensward in a single weekend* right. that sounds doable. probably.

* i have sundays and mondays off so my weekend starts in like seven hours when im done work

pr should i focus work on my #fourjobfiesta instead

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

zolthorg posted:

so i can probably do all of heavensward in a single weekend* right. that sounds doable. probably.

* i have sundays and mondays off so my weekend starts in like seven hours when im done work

Do the fiesta, it'll be less stressful.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You probably could do all of 3.0 in a weekend but you will hate yourself and the game if you do that

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ignimbrite posted:

You probably could do all of 3.0 in a weekend but you will hate yourself and the game if you do that

:agreed:

I dunno if it physically could be done, but if so, you would have to treat the content as a detestable obstacle to be demolished rather than something fun to enjoy.

Not something I would do, but do what's fun for you

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Plus spacing it out means you'll be able to do more roulettes, which will help with the XP gaps.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

zolthorg posted:

heavensward was doable in 30-ish hours before the EXP changes, you could totally do it now but it'd be a couple of 10+ hour days.

vv without grinding it's MAYBE 20 hours, because you get to skip moogle hell and the vault grind

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 12, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

vOv posted:

Plus spacing it out means you'll be able to do more roulettes, which will help with the XP gaps.

my scholar is already level 54? from roulettes and ive started using the level 50 stuff on alt jobs/roles

i generally still find blasting through story content to be fun because i get the most enjoyment out of getting on the game and having some dungeon roulettes to do / possibly raid. I like the ilvl synced / edge content basically

ill give it a try and if i burn out i can always just play other stuff :shrug:

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Tales from the Novice Network

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The Faerie novice network is generally polite, helpful, and has a good atmosphere...except for one person, who seems to be the newbie channel equivalent of a super senior. She has multiple jobs above 50, and just about everything to at least 20~30, and seems to be actively putting off doing the 2.5 story so she can remain in the novice network longer.

She's also almost unbelievably irritating. She answers every newbie question, is wrong about 90% of them, and takes great pains to not only remind everyone every ten seconds that she is a lesbian, but also to spout her RP garbage about her character being a "magic baby" in great detail. I'm honestly amazed she hasn't gotten kicked out somehow, she's formed antagonistic relationships with pretty much every mentor who speaks up to tell her to stop monopolizing the channel. :catstare:

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The Faerie novice network is generally polite, helpful, and has a good atmosphere...except for one person, who seems to be the newbie channel equivalent of a super senior. She has multiple jobs above 50, and just about everything to at least 20~30, and seems to be actively putting off doing the 2.5 story so she can remain in the novice network longer.

She's also almost unbelievably irritating. She answers every newbie question, is wrong about 90% of them, and takes great pains to not only remind everyone every ten seconds that she is a lesbian, but also to spout her RP garbage about her character being a "magic baby" in great detail. I'm honestly amazed she hasn't gotten kicked out somehow, she's formed antagonistic relationships with pretty much every mentor who speaks up to tell her to stop monopolizing the channel. :catstare:

sounds like a refugee from Balmung, to be honest. :munch:

Side note: Any idea when the registration for ffgoons will be fixed?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

What's the recommended way to level up crafting classes? I've just been doing grand company turnins by buying things that are cheap and crafting what I can't. It seems like the slow but steady path for now, but idk how long it'll take at this rate.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

:stare: Now, when you she says "magic baby"... is she still a baby or was she just born magic and has since grown? The distinction is important because the Internet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Erg posted:

What's the recommended way to level up crafting classes? I've just been doing grand company turnins by buying things that are cheap and crafting what I can't. It seems like the slow but steady path for now, but idk how long it'll take at this rate.

HQ Leves (not the triple ones), HQ GC turn-ins, collectables when you can do that. Also alcohol.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Leofish posted:

:stare: Now, when you she says "magic baby"... is she still a baby or was she just born magic and has since grown? The distinction is important because the Internet.

I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Her LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY BACKSTORY is already pretty cringe-inducing without that, although I've successfully managed to forget most of it by now.

She claims not to be from Balmung, anyway. Her story is that she went to Faerie because she heard it had the highest number of female characters...implicitly for her to mack on. Did I mention she's kind of a creeper?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

zolthorg posted:

As someone who did the entire MSQ + XPac in like 3-ish weeks of straight grinding I say "You can do it!" and that I have faith in your ability to poopsock. Let me relive my past poor decisions through you.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Erg posted:

If you're below level 50: Ixal daily quests, GC turn-ins, maybe leves if you want to grind. Post 50 Ixal are useless but Moogle quests become available.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What are the streotypes and reputations of differant servers? Im adamantoise btw

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What are the streotypes and reputations of differant servers? Im adamantoise btw

Faerie Gilgamesh Hyperion Balmung and Excal are really the only servers with any reputation

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bonfire Lit posted:

If you're below level 50: Ixal daily quests, GC turn-ins, maybe leves if you want to grind. Post 50 Ixal are useless but Moogle quests become available.

Also note that for ixal (and I'm fairly sure, moogles, too) you can complete the quest on one class and then turn it in on another one to get the Xp without having to gear up or whatever.

Not useful when leveling your first crafting class of course, but good to know for subsequent ones.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Apparently exodus has a reputation for being super cliquey. I mean, sure there's all the different normal cliques but they don't seem any more worse or more prominent to me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've only leveled dragoon but do the other dos classes get mechanics at 50+ that punish you for trying to use them on bosses? It seems like every boss now has regular phases where there's nothing to attack and keep your buff up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've only leveled dragoon but do the other dos classes get mechanics at 50+ that punish you for trying to use them on bosses? It seems like every boss now has regular phases where there's nothing to attack and keep your buff up.

I think that at 60, every DPS class except for BRD and MCH have some kind of buff/stack to keep up through constant fighting yeah. And even then, I suppose MCH has to be paranoid about using wildfire at the wrong time, though it's not really the same thing.

• Locked thread