Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Pet Rock Band posted:

Actually the FBI guy said there were reasons to believe he had "Islamic Terrorist leanings". And the way the local cop jumped in to say they were sure he "wasn't local" makes me believe the killer had to be some shade of brown, unfortunately.

Well drat, Trump commentary on how this proves he's right by the end of the day then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

PST posted:

Well drat, Trump commentary on how this proves he's right by the end of the day then.

Noon.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

PST posted:

Alternatively, the NYT said that the club bills itself as "Orlando's Latin Hotspot" and that it hosts "Upscale Latin Saturdays" so there's a possibility that this could end up looking very bad for the Trump set once all the facts come out.

I'm not gonna speculate about a tragedy that is actively being investigated, but 'mass shooting in Latin night club in central Florida with possible hallmarks of planned terrorism and improvised bombs' sounds way likelier to have been committed by a white nationalist than an Islamic extremist.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 12, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Alternatively, the NYT said that the club bills itself as "Orlando's Latin Hotspot" and that it hosts "Upscale Latin Saturdays" so there's a possibility that this could end up looking very bad for the Trump set once all the facts come out.

Yeah when I hear "Gay Latinos attacked in Orlando Club" I think "Someone from Jacksonville took a roadtrip" before Islamic Terrorism.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/741965111968075776

Shocked the phrase "Islamic Terrorism" is missing. Maybe his interns ?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

Yeah when I hear "Gay Latinos attacked in Orlando Club" I think "Someone from Jacksonville took a roadtrip" before Islamic Terrorism.

They've already hinted at it being Islamic terrorism, so buckle in!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pet Rock Band posted:

Shocked the phrase "Islamic Terrorism" is missing. Maybe his interns ?

No, no, his interns do the offensive ones. That's gotta be Trump himself.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fknlo posted:

They've already hinted at it being Islamic terrorism, so buckle in!

Well I've heard it two different ways now. Both Domestic Terror and Islamic Terror have been stated/hinted at. So I'm done till like, monday next week when maybe someone's figured something out.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crain posted:

Well I've heard it two different ways now. Both Domestic Terror and Islamic Terror have been stated/hinted at. So I'm done till like, monday next week when maybe someone's figured something out.

Sorry that I'm not more specific but I didn't note the names/titles of these people, but one officer with the OPD specifically said it was being investigated as "domestic terrorism," then the next one after him said that they didn't know if it was domestic or "foreign." At this point there's a lot of confusion and until they clarify, which they'll hopefully be able to do at 9:30, we really don't know.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Crain posted:

Domestic terror can be Islamic.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Let's spin the wheel of shooters and see what motive comes up. Evangelical infuriated by godless heathens? Wannabe ISIS with easy access to firearms? White supremacist building the wall ahead of time on the club's Latin night?

Oh, I'm sorry, this is America. It's mental illness. Sorry.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sharkie posted:

Sorry that I'm not more specific but I didn't note the names/titles of these people, but one officer with the OPD specifically said it was being investigated as "domestic terrorism," then the next one after him said that they didn't know if it was domestic or "foreign." At this point there's a lot of confusion and until they clarify, which they'll hopefully be able to do at 9:30, we really don't know.

Oh yeah no I'm not blaming you or anything. It's just that after the UCLA shooting where people were reporting this huge assault, then it turned out the dude was dead after shot #2, I'm going to just balk at the first sign that no one on scene has figured anything out. Which I should have always done really since no one ever knows anything in situations like this till days later.

Kurtofan posted:

Domestic terror can be Islamic.

Fair enough.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Teddybear posted:

Let's spin the wheel of shooters and see what motive comes up. Evangelical infuriated by godless heathens? Wannabe ISIS with easy access to firearms? White supremacist building the wall ahead of time on the club's Latin night?

Only if it's options 1 or 3.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Teddybear posted:

It's only mental illness if the shooter is white/Christian. Expect it to be triple ISIS if the guy ever ate a falafel.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
drat do I love d&d libs being wrong in the morning

quote:

The FBI is investigating the Orlando attack and have said that the attacker may have "leanings" to Islamic extremism.

http://news.sky.com/story/1710712/orlando-nightclub-terror-attack-leaves-20-dead

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sorry we went with the most parsimonious interpretation?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sorry we went with the most parsimonious interpretation?

That's a weird word haha, but I'm thinking Christian and Islamic extremism are both pretty parsimonious. Again, good word though I don't know what it means.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

rkajdi posted:

It's only mental illness if the shooter is white/Christian. Expect it to be triple ISIS if the guy ever ate a falafel.

So it could still be that, right?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
CBS News has identified the shooter as an Omar Mateen, a US citizen from a community about 120 miles away from the shooting location.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

That still doesn't absolve white people. White people can be Muslim and all extremist terrorism is a response to unchecked white privilege. Go be a trumpeter somewhere else.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

SpaceCadetBob posted:

CBS News has identified the shooter as an Omar Mateen, a US citizen from a community about 120 miles away from the shooting location.

So "he's not from around here" was technically correct!

There's apparently some pretty strong arzying going on over this like a piddly 20 gun deaths in June will make a huge difference in November :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

All I'm saying is, we should stop Muslims from coming to the country til we figure out what's going on!

I guess it's time for conservatives to suddenly care a whole lot about LGBT people.

Edit: Yeah no this won't move Trump's numbers an inch, everyone's used to mass shootings by now. You need something spectacular like 9/11 and even then it's not a guarantee it'll actually help Trump.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

All I'm saying is, we should stop Muslims from coming to the country til we figure out what's going on!

I guess it's time for conservatives to suddenly care a whole lot about LGBT people.

Edit: Yeah no this won't move Trump's numbers an inch, everyone's used to mass shootings by now. You need something spectacular like 9/11 and even then it's not a guarantee it'll actually help Trump.

I wonder if anyone will talk about how no one cares about gun deaths if the perpetrator isn't a Muslim if Trump tries to really push this?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741983436865306627

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
This was written after Sandy Hook and is probably the best explanation of America's relationship with guns I've ever read.

Our Moloch.

"The gun is not a mere tool, a bit of technology, a political issue, a point of debate. It is an object of reverence. Devotion to it precludes interruption with the sacrifices it entails. Like most gods, it does what it will, and cannot be questioned. Its acolytes think it is capable only of good things. It guarantees life and safety and freedom. It even guarantees law. Law grows from it. Then how can law question it?"

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
He tweeted about the add mentioning him making fun of the reporter now?! Like, over a week after it came out?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm glad strict gun control prevented the Paris attacks from happening

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I think I'm going to clean my AR, knowing full well absolutely nothing will be done to take this gun from me no matter how much you cry about it

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Radbot posted:

Single payer GunCare.

Mandatory guns for every single human within the borders of The United States of America.

Mandatory open AND concealed carry.

Loaner guns handed out at border crossings and Airport customs line.

Ammunition delivered yearly along with the phone book.

Replace all Flags with a carpet of live cartridges.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Radbot posted:

I'm glad there's a mass shooting every couple of days or so in France like there is in America.

Moloch is pleased with your piety, Radbot.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
'

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

He tweeted about the add mentioning him making fun of the reporter now?! Like, over a week after it came out?

With a sick typo. Moch.

If his entire response to any op ad is "nun uh! YOURE the loser!!!!!" He's gonna have a bad time. I'm surprised GOPe hasn't attempted to take Twitter away from him. Or maybe they have and it was just unsuccessful.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/741987665243836416

MOON GOD?!?

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I too am shocked its a muslim. Lets all hug

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrator found out a friend or relative was gay and knew they frequented the club which is why they targeted it. Regardless of religion, this is obviously a hate based crime against gays. I'd much rather have a conversation about how GLBT people are still discriminated against and in danger in this country than a stupid religious debate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm really looking forward to my town being used as a political prop for the next few weeks.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm really looking forward to my town being used as a political prop for the next few weeks.

Hon you live in Orlando, it's been a prop for something or another roughly since its founding.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrator found out a friend or relative was gay and knew they frequented the club which is why they targeted it. Regardless of religion, this is obviously a hate based crime against gays. I'd much rather have a conversation about how GLBT people are still discriminated against and in danger in this country than a stupid religious debate.

Discrimination vs discrimination & death. Hard to decide which is more important

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If Florida is America's penis, Orlando is the frenulum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

nimh posted:

Discrimination vs discrimination & death. Hard to decide which is more important

One follows the other

• Locked thread