Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Is it possible that Black Goku is the new God of Destruction and has killed all of the other gods as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Could goku use instant transmission to teleport into someone else and make them explode like in a 90's first person shooter

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Could goku use instant transmission to teleport into someone else and make them explode like in a 90's first person shooter

Goku's not that durable outside of his ki, so it's questionable if that wouldn't make himself explode as well.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Zzulu posted:

I mean, he would likely end up having parts of that person shoved inside him (not like that), so it seems a bit risky when he can blow some one up with his hands.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The English speed subs for the new Super are out already.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It kind of bothers me that I'm genuinely curious about Black Goku. I watch Super mostly because it's hilarious, so being intrigued by a plot point feels weird. Is he an evil Goku from an alternate universe? The reanimated corpse of Future Trunks timeline Goku? A fusion between Goku and someone evil? Future Trunks timeline Tarles?! Clone!? Robot!?!? Demonic possession!?! The ghost of staff officer Black!?!? WHY DO I GET THE FEELING THE ANSWER WILL DISAPPOINT!?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It is a grown up Goten, the spurned lover of Trunks turned unstoppable god monster

He must travel back in time to help his younger self fall in love before it's too late

It's kind of like back to the future but more gay children. Teens? How old are they anyway I can't tell anymore

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

OnimaruXLR posted:

It kind of bothers me that I'm genuinely curious about Black Goku. I watch Super mostly because it's hilarious, so being intrigued by a plot point feels weird. Is he an evil Goku from an alternate universe? The reanimated corpse of Future Trunks timeline Goku? A fusion between Goku and someone evil? Future Trunks timeline Tarles?! Clone!? Robot!?!? Demonic possession!?! The ghost of staff officer Black!?!? WHY DO I GET THE FEELING THE ANSWER WILL DISAPPOINT!?

Because it will never be the idea that you like most.

Kelp Plankton posted:

It is a grown up Goten, the spurned lover of Trunks turned unstoppable god monster

Like this. It being a grown-up Goten would actually be a pretty good twist.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
goten will never be relevant

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Actually they put the part where Chichi didn't allow Goten to "train" with Goku and Piccolo as a foreshadow of his descent into evil :ssh:

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Its your kids Goku, somethings gotta be done about your kids!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Two saiyan child turned into nerds by Chichi, can she ever be stopped???

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He sounds like he hates Saiyans which makes me think it's a Truffle.

Also loving can Future Trunks get a god drat break

Kild fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 12, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What the hell, did Trunks forget how to go Super Saiyan?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The cat :smith:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

So wasn't Bulma cranking out (tiny drops of) that glowy fuel an episode or two ago? Why isn't the plan "hey kid take these schematics and research back in time to past-me and we'll get this thing going for real"?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't believe Goku skipped out on his final, decisive battle with Piccolo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Probably not. They tend to no have characters go super saiyan from the outset even when it makes sense for them to.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

Previews to the episode said that even as a Super Saiyan Trunks was no match for Black, so he likely knew this and didn't even bother trying. After all, he only needed to buy time. Not like he succeded in that, but still.

zelah posted:

So wasn't Bulma cranking out (tiny drops of) that glowy fuel an episode or two ago? Why isn't the plan "hey kid take these schematics and research back in time to past-me and we'll get this thing going for real"?

It...is? As in, Future Bulma said that there was a way to get back, I thought it was blatantly obvious that she meant that her other timeline self would be able to generate the fuel, being herself too.

Also I'm goddamn surprised that Mai dies. Everything, even the opening and new eyecatch shows her, but the preview for next episode heavily implies only Trunks come back and she seemed very dead here. I'm not sure if she can even be brought back to life, how does Shenlong work with alternate timelines?

Also I have no idea what Black is, other than the most hilariously-named antagonist, but goddamn did he make it clear that we're back to Z-level stakes here. The episode makes it really clear too, with how happy the present times are VS a future that is somehow even worse than when the Androids were around. The most I can see is that he has a single Potara and the new Supreme Kai in the opening has the other, though they don't match in colour. That'll definitely be important.

And the Dragon Ball flashback was cute, it's good to know that Goku remembers his old training. And that Trunks still loses his sword every fight, wouldn't want to make swords useful.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Loving the mood whiplash in this episode, gonna make FT's interactions with the rest of the cast that much better.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Trunks did shoot a cool beam out of his sword. Pew pew. Hope that comes back. What if that technique convinces Goku to pick up the Power Pole again and make cool staff ki techniques?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't think gokus had a new move since instant transmission

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does SSJ3 count as new

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Burkion posted:

Does SSJ3 count as new

A transformation isn't a move.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It might be the sleeves but Black Goku looks slimmer, like SSG slim instead of his usual muscles, it'll be interesting to see what's up with that.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad you can tell Black Goku is a villain in the opening because he does that stand upright and casually throw energy balms from one of your palms thing that only villains ever do

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why put Future Mai in the opening credits then kill her off on the first episode!? That is dirty pool :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because she's coming back as Black Goku's slave or some thing similar.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Because she's coming back as Black Goku's slave or some thing similar.

I can live with that. I'm fine with future Bulma being disintegrated (we already have a good Bulma), but Future Mai looked like a cool character. I was hoping they came to the past together, but making Mai and evil slave to the Negaverse is good too.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I do like how they've gone back to using the red eyed shadow beings to represent terror. I'm pretty sure that's how they showed the a droids before we were introduced to them and I feel like we also saw it in some DBZ filler (that evil mist stuff that Kami and Popo had to fix maybe?)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

zelah posted:

I do like how they've gone back to using the red eyed shadow beings to represent terror. I'm pretty sure that's how they showed the a droids before we were introduced to them and I feel like we also saw it in some DBZ filler (that evil mist stuff that Kami and Popo had to fix maybe?)

The saiyans they trained on I think.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It might be the sleeves but Black Goku looks slimmer, like SSG slim instead of his usual muscles, it'll be interesting to see what's up with that.

you know who else has sleeves? thats right

the evidence continues to pile up

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Future Bulma being dead makes me think Mai isn't dead for good, since they would never off Bulma permanently.

This ep was real cool and I am totally on board with all of this. As far as Goku Black goes, that guy in the opening looks like a Kai (complete with earring) so I assume he fuses with Goku's corpse or something?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Kai isn't a bad dude and whoever Black Goku is stole earrings

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Black is future Goten and he carries the other earring in his pocket so he can forcibly fuse with his buddy Trunks.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

All the Goten jokes would be good if Goten actually existed in Future Trunks land

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

El Burbo posted:

Black is future Goten and he carries the other earring in his pocket so he can forcibly fuse with his buddy Trunks.

O_O this is a horrifying theory.

e. It would be Malachite all over again.

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 12, 2016

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Lupus Rufus posted:

O_O this is a horrifying theory.

e. It would be Malachite all over again.

"All I wanna do

Is see us turn into

THE PERFECT FUSION"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

All the Goten jokes would be good if Goten actually existed in Future Trunks land

Its obviously a 4th divergent timeline, not the exact same one as Cell Games Future Trunks. Future Mai from his timeline would be old, the Dragonballs were destroyed before she could wish to be young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Or maybe with Goku dead Pilaf + Gang wished for youth before hand?

• Locked thread