Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I had a ridiculous statue form chei naga once. I really like them as a race.

Venom mage is another good start. Poison magic with naga's aptitude is perfect for the early game and gives you plenty of time to find a way to branch out for the later game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Things you don't want to see in Depths Part I: Rakshasa

Part II: Rakshasa and a Juggernaut

Part III: Rakshasa and 3 Juggernauts suddenly

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

pathetic little tramp posted:

Re: Hell, why not just fill levels 1-6 with test spawners, creating a mass of monsters that give no experience when killed?
I missed this idea earlier, but yeah, that would work, I think. Kills being "strangely unrewarding" is already implemented with Pikel's slaves.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Acquired a weapon on Lair:1, had only Long Blades trained, got executioner's axe... of distortion. Didn't get abyssed, just died while rushing to a lab entrance :downs:.

Also, if you haven't won with only so few races, Deep Elf should be piss easy. Go Fire Elementalist and literally never turn off Spellcasting, Conjurations and Fire Magic.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I just hate playing blasty casters because I don't like having to do like 3x the button presses to kill enemies and having to wait to regain MP all the time, and having to give satiation a second thought. crawl is a game with a good chunk of popcorn/chaff in it and IMO playing a "damage spells" focused character exacerbates that

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I was looking at my morgue on CSZO and remembered I had this gem of a character:

code:
Q - +9 quick blade (holy)
o - +1 mottled dragon armour of the Thirteen Spirits {-Cast rPois rN++ rCorr}
J - +3 buckler {rF+}
v - +0 helmet of Cegauhom {+Inv Regen+ Int+2 Stlth-}
s - +0 cloak "Hero's Friend" {rN+ Regen+ Str+2}
z - +0 pair of gloves of Articulation {rPois Str-3 Int+2 Slay+3}
n - +2 pair of boots of the Assassin {DetectMon Stab+ Stlth++}
L - amulet of Niaj {rMut rPois MP+9 Int+2 Slay+3}
y - +3 ring of slaying
X - ring of Leaves {+Blink +Inv rElec Str-2 Slay+6}
+15 slaying and Boots of the Assassin with evokable blink and invisible :laffo:

That Ring of Leaves is probably the single best piece of jewelry I've ever found.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

I just hate playing blasty casters because I don't like having to do like 3x the button presses to kill enemies

macros are your friend; also the ` key

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
How much is slaying really "worth"? How many stat boosts to strength and/or dex are required to equal +1 slaying, damage output wise?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
str vs slaying depends on how much str you have, whether you're 1h or 2h, etc. dex isn't gonna do much of anything for damage output, though; it only affects accuracy, which has limited impact. it's more of a defensive stat.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pulled the weapon damage formula from the bots.

The Bots posted:

Approximately: 1d(base*strength_bonus)*skill_bonus + 1d(to_dam + slaying) + various bonuses. Weapon {brand} is applied after monster AC reduction.

Strength bonus is usually < 1.5 (see str), skill bonus (both from weapon and Fighting skills) is randomized, averaging about 2.0 at max skill

Damage bonuses include +1d10 for might and -1d5 when Starving.
I have no idea how to adjust that poo poo on the fly so I just stack both Str and Slay cause, hell, it can't hurt.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

That's uh, a lot of very ugly things.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So yeah, Pakellas is pretty loving good.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/InternetKraken/morgue-InternetKraken-20160612-060509.txt

I mean, you effectively have infinite teleports/heal wounds/hasting once you find those wands so he has that going for him on top of extremely powerful evocables. Probably awakward to play with anyone interested in magic but as a warrior with zero care for mana beyond his abilities that's not an issue. Combine that with the awesome defenses of a ghoul and you get a really easy win.

But I played this to see what tweaks made to extended felt like. New enemies are cool, but that line about reducing mutators in Pan? That's a joke. Cacodemons are still all over the place. So I can only imagine that going through Pan is totally miserable now since you can't just slap on rMut and ignore them. Of course cure mutation is also more common but that means you can't keep your mutations and the whole thing is still such a loving mess.

But hey, at least I finally got another 3 win streak going.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Jumped in again after playing occasionally since I think 0.8 (and never winning, mind you). Went with DECj/TECj like I often do, my best being getting two runes with a TECj last version. Splatted a bunch, got bored of dying, decided to try a melee class for once.

Now, I have a MiFi sitting at the gates of the Realm of Zot, everything from the Depths on down (and Elves) being completely new to me. I splatted maybe two of them before that one got rolling, and had maybe four times the whole game that I thought I might die (geez, V:5 doesn't screw around!). I toyed with crossbows, as I figured I might want a ranged option, but it's only ok - I can't use a big one because switching to 1H & shield takes too long, and a hand crossbow doesn't do as much as I'd like.

So I thought, what if I made a fighter that could use an 2H and a shield, switching between an arb and a huge melee weapon really fast? Formicids seemed really tricky to get going, but great when they do. After half a dozen dead ants (mostly squashed by Ogres in D:4-7), I ended up with this blinged-out monster:

code:
Jess the Cruncher (Formicid Fighter)               Turns: 29651, Time: 02:00:05

Health: 122/122    AC: 22    Str: 34    XL:     16   Next: 12%
Magic:  22/22      EV: 16    Int: 17    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   895        SH: 16    Dex: 19    Spells: 0 memorised, 15 levels left

rFire  + . .      SeeInvis +    u - +3 lajatang (elec)
rCold  + . .      Gourm    .    O - +4 chain mail "Fainuh" {rC+ rCorr Stlth-}
rNeg   + . .      Faith    .    c - +2 shield
rPois  +          Spirit   .    (helmet unavailable)
rElec  .          Dismiss  .    m - +1 cloak of the Hot Ocelot {-Tele rCorr Str+4 Int+4}
rCorr  +          Reflect  .    V - +0 pair of gloves "Syviam" {Int+2 Dex+4}
SustAt .          Harm     .    B - +0 pair of boots of Hopscotch {rC- rN+ Str+6}
MR     ++...                    F - amulet of regeneration
Stlth  ..........               i - ring of protection from magic
                                a - ring "Muesk" {Wiz rPois rC+ Str+4}
Skills and additional items of interest:

code:
Hand Weapons
 g - a +2 great mace of freezing
 M - a +0 arbalest of venom
Jewellery
 h - an uncursed ring of flight
 t - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 C - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 L - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
Scrolls
 p - 2 scrolls of acquirement

Skills:
 + Level 10.2 Fighting
   Level 5.5 Axes
 + Level 14.7 Staves
 + Level 7.5 Crossbows
 * Level 13.1 Armour
 + Level 8.8 Dodging
 + Level 10.7 Shields
 - Level 9.1 Invocations
 - Level 4.0 Evocations
I started with Axes, figuring that the cleave would help in situations where I was surrounded before I could make a killhole. That plan went out the window when the first of two Scrolls of Acquirement I found in an Ossuary gave me that lajatang, which I figured is pretty much endgame-worthy. Not long after a nasty tangle with a two-headed hydra in D:8 after falling through three floors (thankfully I kept a mace of draining for them), I found a great mace and a branding scroll at nearly the same time (I forget where), and ended up giving it freezing, which is fantastic. The arb was also plain and got a branding scroll, and will probably get another if I find one. God gifts haven't set the world on fire, but the invocations are nice. Apart from rElec I basically have my resistances sorted already, so what should I do with my last two scrolls of acquirement?

Sorry that that was long, I'm just really excited. And, you know, scared that I might die and waste what is easily the best char I've ever had.

edit: yeah, died. Lernaean Hydra at the bottom of Swamp, it started very close to stairs and got to me very fast somehow.
double edit: hydras swim fast! Never knew that.

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 12, 2016

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Shafted my Formicid away from Prince Ribbit on D6 and landed in the middle of a hive, right next to the queen :downs:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I have a giveaway going on for DC:SS inspired roguelike platformer Vagante right here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779718

I`ve done giveaways in these threads before of this game, but I feel like the game has developed enough in Early Access to warrant a thread of its own. I`m starting with 20 free copies and may give away more. Check it out!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mossyfisk posted:

Shafted my Formicid away from Prince Ribbit on D6 and landed in the middle of a hive, right next to the queen :downs:

The solution to bad shafting is more shafting!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Coucho Marx posted:

Sorry that that was long, I'm just really excited. And, you know, scared that I might die and waste what is easily the best char I've ever had.

edit: yeah, died. Lernaean Hydra at the bottom of Swamp, it started very close to stairs and got to me very fast somehow.
double edit: hydras swim fast! Never knew that.
Formicid buddy! :hf:

If you wanna ascend a melee character as painlessly as possible, MiBe with Axes is the way to go. Always go two-handed, always keep your main axe at min-delay. Base Damage on your main weapon starts out pretty important, and gets progressively moreso as you go up in level. Still use chokepoints whenever possible like everyone else would. Don't be afraid to berserk, but don't be afraid to not berserk. Having it crap out in the middle of a fight can and will kill you. Trog's Hand is good when you need regen or MR (enemy abilities with %s that you want to go down), Brothers in Arms is an Oh poo poo Button, and is better used sooner rather than later. Evocation is good, Fighting, Armor, and Dodging are good. Go Throwing for your ranged weapons, then you don't have to waste turns changing, and Trog will shower you in tomahawks and javelins.

Remember that even as a Berserker of Trog, you still have the access to the single most powerful spell in the game: Run Away.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 12, 2016

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

parthenocarpy posted:

I have a giveaway going on for DC:SS inspired roguelike platformer Vagante right here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779718

I`ve done giveaways in these threads before of this game, but I feel like the game has developed enough in Early Access to warrant a thread of its own. I`m starting with 20 free copies and may give away more. Check it out!

Oh man, I'm on my way to work, and this game looks like it'd be for me. I'll download the demo when I get back from work, hope there's a copy left! (save me one)

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Poison Mushroom posted:

Formicid buddy! :hf:

If you wanna ascend a melee character as painlessly as possible, MiBe with Axes is the way to go. Always go two-handed, always keep your main axe at min-delay. Base Damage on your main weapon starts out pretty important, and gets progressively moreso as you go up in level. Still use chokepoints whenever possible like everyone else would. Don't be afraid to berserk, but don't be afraid to not berserk. Having it crap out in the middle of a fight can and will kill you. Trog's Hand is good when you need regen or MR (enemy abilities with %s that you want to go down), Brothers in Arms is an Oh poo poo Button, and is better used sooner rather than later. Evocation is good, Fighting, Armor, and Dodging are good. Go Throwing for your ranged weapons, then you don't have to waste turns changing, and Trog will shower you in tomahawks and javelins.

Remember that even as a Berserker of Trog, you still have the access to the single most powerful spell in the game: Run Away.

Who needs teleporting anyway? we do oh god

Thanks for the advice. I went with polearms for the MiFi and really liked it, and I'll try to actually use axes with my next FoFi. I've never liked berserkers much because of the risks involved in berzerking; I've always screwed it up. That it can haste you is nice, though, and it's been ages (like, five versions maybe) since I tried so I may as well give it a go.

Here's the MiFi so far, just about to walk into The Realm of Zot. I should probably switch to the other (sadly +0) armor, fire resistance is more relevant, yeah?

code:
Shara the Slayer (Minotaur Fighter)                Turns: 66518, Time: 05:06:59

Health: 247/247    AC: 38    Str: 28    XL:     25   Next: 64%
Magic:  28/28      EV: 19    Int:  8    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   5282       SH: 35    Dex: 15    Spells: 5 memorised, 9 levels left

rFire  + . .      SeeInvis .    Y - +8 demon trident (elec)
rCold  + + .      Gourm    .    E - +6 plate armour {rC+}
rNeg   + . .      Faith    .    e - +6 large shield {rN+}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    q - +2 hat
rElec  +          Dismiss  .    Z - +1 cloak {MR+}
rCorr  .          Reflect  +    H - +1 pair of gloves {archery}
SustAt .          Harm     .    G - +2 pair of boots {run}
MR     ++...                    y - amulet "Jystib" {Reflect rPois Str+3 Int+3 Dex+2 SH+4}
Stlth  ..........               R - ring "Ynauxoujiomp" {Fragile rElec rC+ Dex-5 Stlth+}
                                B - ring of protection from fire

@: quick, very resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2
a: Heroism, Finesse, Renounce Religion
}: 3/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, silver

Hand Weapons
 a - a +4 hand crossbow of flaming
 V - a +3 demon trident of piercing
Armour
 t - a +0 plate armour of fire resistance
Rods
 W - a +6 rod of ignition (16/16)
Jewellery
 c - an uncursed amulet of regeneration
 F - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
Wands
 i - a wand of heal wounds (4/9)
 j - a wand of disintegration (18/24)
 k - a wand of digging (7/24)
 I - a wand of teleportation (5/9)
 O - a wand of iceblast (10/15)

Skills:
 * Level 24.7 Fighting
 * Level 21.6 Polearms
 - Level 10.0 Crossbows
 * Level 22.7 Armour
 * Level 20.3 Dodging
 + Level 22.2 Shields
 - Level 8.2 Invocations
 - Level 8.1 Evocations

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IMO, since you already have that first pip of rF, the second isn't overwhelmingly important, and the +6 boost to AC might be nice.

At least until Zot5, then absolutely put the other armor on.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Poison Mushroom posted:

IMO, since you already have that first pip of rF, the second isn't overwhelmingly important, and the +6 boost to AC might be nice.

At least until Zot5, then absolutely put the other armor on.

Yeah, that's mostly what I meant it for.

I've never even seen an OOF and I'm terrified.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
If you haven't done it yet, maybe do Crypt? Just go slow and steady and it's pretty easy for a big brawly dude. You might find some better jewelry for resistances. Also, Zot is a LOT of XP if you clear it out (and you probably should), but you still shouldn't have your skills that spread out. Turn off everything except Shields for right now until you get to 25 to take the penalties off that large shield, then go back to Polearms and Fighting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Coucho Marx posted:

I've never even seen an OOF and I'm terrified.
If you still have them, your scrolls of fog will be incredibly helpful.

"Oh, hey, an OoF that I can't easily get into melee range with, and there's no corners for me to hide behind."
Read a scroll of Fog, step back. Wait for it to come back into LOS. Ideally Heroism and Finesse if you have time.
Step forward, and do what melee fighters do best.

Edit What are your spells?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
PleasingFungus, random thing I noticed:

The description of Cigotuvi's Embrace still references Stone Skin even though it was removed.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
When does Lair have to generate by? I dove to dungeon 11 and didn't see it, and I was pretty sure I checked every upstair, since I had to go to D:10 to get to a stairlocked portion of D:9 where Uskayaw the tabGod had generated.. Unfortunately I figured if I just keep fighting this Hydra Uskayaw will paralyse him for me and I'll finish him off!

So, Uskayaw trip report: yes, he will paralyse Hydrae, no they will not stop regenerating heads while paralysed, and yes they will eventually unparalyse. And also I do not know what Stomp is, I figured from the description it did some splash damage to nearby enemies, but the Hydra seemed unphased before it bit me to death.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

When does Lair have to generate by? I dove to dungeon 11 and didn't see it, and I was pretty sure I checked every upstair, since I had to go to D:10 to get to a stairlocked portion of D:9 where Uskayaw the tabGod had generated.. Unfortunately I figured if I just keep fighting this Hydra Uskayaw will paralyse him for me and I'll finish him off!

Hit ctrl-o or *o. (It's D:8-11.)

Salvor_Hardin posted:

PleasingFungus, random thing I noticed:

The description of Cigotuvi's Embrace still references Stone Skin even though it was removed.

That was fixed months ago. Are you playing an unpatched version of 0.18?

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
Meliai either need to lose heal other, move normal speed, or only appear one at a time.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think they're fine. Haven't died to them yet, though I did have to drink buff potions once.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

rude devlog posted:

Remove Xom's vitrification effect

Turning walls to glass isn't very interesting, especially now that nobody can
act through glass walls any more - it's more likely to just make travel
and exploration annoying.

you MONSTERS :cry:

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Almost nobody cares about this but races that can do xomscumming have a surprising amount of issues vs vitrification - it potentially increases the amount of visible open tiles which means more potential Xom summons to deal with and stuff. Treat it as a very situational buff! :downs:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

PleasingFungus posted:

Hit ctrl-o or *o. (It's D:8-11.)

That was fixed months ago. Are you playing an unpatched version of 0.18?

I downloaded the Windows Tiles 18.1 a few days ago. :shrug:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

apple posted:

Almost nobody cares about this but races that can do xomscumming have a surprising amount of issues vs vitrification - it potentially increases the amount of visible open tiles which means more potential Xom summons to deal with and stuff. Treat it as a very situational buff! :downs:

Noob question; how does one scum Xom?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

jerkstoresup posted:

Noob question; how does one scum Xom?

Typically you just use Mummy or Vampire and idle a lot. Xom will do many, many unpredictable things and to that effect you want to be strong enough to survive bad effects and/or consistently escape different kinds of summoned enemies.

Stuff you generally want:
  • Sustain attributes - he drains stats, a lot more when he's in a bad mood. Sustain attributes makes sure it takes a long time to go into dangerously low stats. This is a bigger deal now that you recover these with XP and not over time.
  • Faith - you want Xom to act as often as possible, specially at "teddy bear" piety. It gives you more value out of idling per "session" of xomscumming.
  • Levels - the higher your level the better, you can get away with XL12 on a vampire if you have ok gear or items to defend yourself and/or escape
  • Special levels and/or ecumenical temple - these are particularly useful because OOD monsters can't spawn. Special levels tend to have better layouts for hiding and funneling summons so you can run away or fight them more safely.
  • Lantern of shadows - in older versions where this item didn't drain MP, this item amused Xom endlessly because of a bug, which basically means you never got hit by his guaranteed "bad" effects when he gets bored. Not necessary but it made the process significantly easier.

The good news is, while you're being pelted by terrible things, you'll get good effects like good mutations, weapon/armor drops, rods, wands, etc. (basically any acquirement level drop, but you also got a lot of garbage) All these good things are mostly permanent while anything bad Xom does is mostly temporary, so just surviving gives you a net positive effect. The bad news is that for it to be worthwhile you typically want to idle for hundreds of thousands of turns. It's a neat little experiment for pushing crawl's scumming limits in a game that otherwise discourages it, but it's not terribly exciting.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I downloaded the Windows Tiles 18.1 a few days ago. :shrug:

Ah, looks like the relevant fix was only added to 0.18 after 0.18.1, and we haven't released a 0.18.2. C'est la vie.

Thanks for reporting!

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Poison Mushroom posted:

If you still have them, your scrolls of fog will be incredibly helpful.

"Oh, hey, an OoF that I can't easily get into melee range with, and there's no corners for me to hide behind."
Read a scroll of Fog, step back. Wait for it to come back into LOS. Ideally Heroism and Finesse if you have time.
Step forward, and do what melee fighters do best.

code:
w - 7 scrolls of fog
We're all good!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Edit What are your spells?

Apportation, Summon Butterflies, Corona, as well as Haste and Deflect Missiles that I'll likely never get online (I've not found Repel Missiles anywhere). Getting Butterflies and maybe Apportation going is something I planned to do before Z:5.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Finesse doesn't stack with Haste, so Haste probably isn't worth the XP, even if you can, since Okawaru just loving showers you with piety late in the game.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Acquisition finally came good for me! Expecting to splat in 10, 9

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
..somehow I died? An OOF killed me in melee, alone, even though I had rF++. Oh well. Also I was on Z:5. I hadn't even noticed! I should have, considering I'd just fought like three ancient liches at once:

code:
 73004 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
 73691 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 73718 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 73724 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body. [an orb of fire]
 73746 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [an orb of fire]
 73748 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 73770 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of cure mutation]
 73770 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body. [potion of cure mutation]
 73811 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 73815 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 73830 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 73844 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 73859 | Zot:5    | Received a gift from Okawaru
 73875 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 74323 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 74344 | Zot:4    | Killed an ancient lich
 74362 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 74372 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 74385 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 74779 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 74779 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [an orb of fire]
 74787 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little easier to cast, but a little less powerful. [an orb of fire]
 74814 | Zot:5    | Killed from afar by an orb of fire
Considering everything after Depths was new to me, I'd say I did pretty well.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Post the dump up until the last 20 messages, if you can. Kind of curious where it all went wrong, considering wand of heal wounds and Okawaru abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
If you mean the message history, here it is:

code:
Okawaru accepts your kill.
The orb of fire glows deep purple.
The fireball explodes! The fireball engulfs you! You resist.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The fireball engulfs the orb of fire. The orb of fire completely resists.
You puncture the orb of fire! Your headbutt misses the orb of fire.
The orb of fire is severely damaged.
The orb of fire emits a lurid red light.
The fireball engulfs the orb of fire. The orb of fire completely resists.
Zapping: i - a wand of heal wounds (7/9)
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line, f - you, p - orb of fire
You feel much better. This wand has 6 charges left.
The orb of fire glows yellow.
The bolt of fire hits you! You resist.
The orb of fire glows bright magenta.
You die...

..###...8.
........#
#.....##
##.8.##
#..8..###      ..#      ...##
...<....###    ...##    ....##
..........### #.....# ##.....#
..#.#...8...# .......##......##
###.###...#.##................##
#...)[##.##....................#
.##.####.......................##
.##.#  #...........##*@.........#
.##.####..........# #...........##
.....##.....:....## ##...........#
............##....## ##..........##
............# #....## #...........#
..###....(.##  #....# ##..........#
.1#####.....##  #...####..........##
..L#  ###....## #....#.............#
..##  ##......###..........8.......#
.....##.......#....................#
...............<...................#
..............8....................#
###........#.......................#

You could see an orb of fire.
I hosed up by not using Oka's abilities, but then again I didn't need them for the last OOF I killed (while also fighting a tentacled monstrosity, I think). This one was by itself so I thought I was ok, but I must have rolled horribly on damage. Tried to heal, too, but it was too late by then.

• Locked thread