Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

I'm phone posting while walking in a park my anti-autocorrect game is off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

twitter politics are trash and disaffecting

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Here's a stream link for Obama's 1:30pm statement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wCQDVdPq3I

Sure am glad they always do this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Having the shooters pledge allegiance to ISIL is the One Weird Trick to get conservatives to suddenly care a whole lot about recurring mass shootings.

Nah, they'd just reiterate their 'Deport Muslims' and 'Bomb them all' claims.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lebron has a LOT to answer for after these finals are done, man.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Everything changed after the Chaos Dunk was performed and killing millions in Manhattan...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Yawgmoft posted:

I'm phone posting while walking in a park my anti-autocorrect game is off
It's ok. I'm not a sports junkie, but didn't there used to be an NBA team called the Bullets?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

Actually no. The NBA was once very progressive, and was founded by Union officers to give guns and gun training to people who needed to protect themselves read: blacks in the south. That's why Grant was one of the first Presidents. They were countering Forrest.

E: it's racist as poo poo these days don't get me wrong

This is a great typo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's ok. I'm not a sports junkie, but didn't there used to be an NBA team called the Bullets?

Yeah. They're the Washington Wizards now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sir Tonk posted:

Sure am glad they always do this.

The speech hasn't even started yet and there are already 70 dislikes because why not.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I won't argue that an hour is a good response time considering the cops got to Sandy Hook in like five minutes, but didn't the shooter take hostages? If that's the case, do you really think they should've just immediately breach and cleared, innocent lives be damned?

They should have gone in under the circumstances. This wasn't a bank robber taking hostages from desperation, this was an active shooter/terrorism scenario.

Police Executive Research Forum posted:

Thus, active shooter policies grew out of a need
for a much faster police response to these situations.
“In active shooter cases, delayed deployment could
have catastrophic consequences,” the Albany, NY
Police Department’s policy states.
Many departments’ policies note that stopping
the shooter must be an absolute top priority, and
that rescuing or providing medical assistance to
victims is a secondary priority to be addressed only
after the shooter or shooters have been neutralized.

More information is available from HomeSec and the FBI.

Trabisnikof posted:

This from the person who says we should never armchair quarterback cops when they kill small children.

I assert I have never said any such thing. If you are correct, you should be able to quote my post.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Conservatives are loving salivating right now and it's kind of pissing me off, I need to get off the internet :(

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ugh this is going to be a long week. Gonna guess that Trump will put off his Vince Foster chat a week or two, but maybe he's tone deaf enough to think it's a good idea to keep with it.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I thought the shooter was down already and they were sweeping for bombs or something?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
incidentally LA times confirmed that story from LAPD

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/742045166693961728

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sir Tonk posted:

Ugh this is going to be a long week. Gonna guess that Trump will put off his Vince Foster chat a week or two, but maybe he's tone deaf enough to think it's a good idea to keep with it.

I've seen his twitter, what do you think?

Also, word filter is great.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Islamophobic idiots seem to love imagining those sorts of scenarios.

Probably because they recognize and admire the fact that ISIS is far-right, socially conservative and anti-liberal.

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 12, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lightning Knight posted:

I won't argue that an hour is a good response time considering the cops got to Sandy Hook in like five minutes, but didn't the shooter take hostages? If that's the case, do you really think they should've just immediately breach and cleared, innocent lives be damned?
He had hostages and claimed to have bombs, so this is exactly why they wouldn't just storm the building. It's too risky for them at that point.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

This is up there with Trump wishing all the haters and losers a happy 9/11.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Looks like the stream is running late.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Republicans gonna have a field day with this one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SubponticatePoster posted:

Looks like the stream is running late.

Id imagine he won't want to make a statement if new information is still coming in, but that'll get cut off eventually and he'll come out

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Why the gently caress would a flagrant homophobe be an active democratic voter?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Probably because Republicans love murdering Muslims, if I had to guess.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are people spreading this link around?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are people spreading this link around?

Don't know yet. But I got it from someone else as a heads up, so it is spreading. Don't know the original source though.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sir Tonk posted:

Id imagine he won't want to make a statement if new information is still coming in, but that'll get cut off eventually and he'll come out

According to folks my wife works with he also literally takes extra time to compose himself WORK UP SOME CROCODILE TEARS before speaking re: this kind of thing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/742048511542317056
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/742049023754948614

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

whitey delenda est posted:

According to folks my wife works with he also literally takes extra time to compose himself WORK UP SOME CROCODILE TEARS before speaking re: this kind of thing.

well yeah obviously, he probably had to make sure his prayer rug was facing Mecca as well.

Hopefully Obama is able to maintain taqiya for the entire press conference

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

What im getting from this shitshow of a thread is that if you flipped a switch and made this guy christian instead of muslim the left and right would basically just trade narratives and keep going full steam ahead

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Florida has closed primaries. You can only vote in the primary of the party you pick and if you pick no party you can't vote in any primary.

You can also change anytime up to... I want to say 30 days before the primary.

So it hardly says much about his beliefs.

I considered switching to GOP this year to vote against Trump but :effort:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Control Volume posted:

What im getting from this shitshow of a thread is that if you flipped a switch and made this guy christian instead of muslim the left and right would basically just trade narratives and keep going full steam ahead

Yep. If a Christian had done it, people would be cheerfully attacking Christians and Republicans for being homophobic (which many are of course), and Republicans would be crying crocodile tears about a mental health crisis that only exists when white people kill someone.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^lol also this

Control Volume posted:

There's a key difference with the power structures involved in the USA that you're not considering while you're being edgy though.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Control Volume posted:

changing the context makes people's response change too? SHOCKING!!!!!!!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

whitey delenda est posted:

There's a key difference with the power structures involved in the USA that you're not considering while you're being edgy though.

It's okay when I do the exact same poo poo I criticize other people for doing because power structures. Muslims genuinely are at far greater risk that white people as a group of course. Nobody disputes that. But making an argument that you can do whatever you want because reasons isn't going to be very convincing to people at the receiving end of that when they want to respond in kind.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So the guy who was heading to the LA Pride Parade with an arsenal is a white guy if anyone was curious.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

It's unlikely that liberals would get behind a blanket ban on all immigration of all Christians. The worst we would get is some grumbling about gun control, then nothing at all after they roll over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I've been seeing that the 'explosives' in the guy's car in LA were tannerite, which is what you commonly use in long-range firearm targets. Not to downplay it, but I think saying "explosives" overstates the situation a bit.

• Locked thread