Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This is blizzards own buzzword in regarding their Heroes of the Storm ultra nerfs, increasing the cooldown of several characters ultras in that game.

Can you imagine how it would feel in tf2 if the medic retained his uber charge after dying? It would make that final push feel inevitable rather than a testament to surviving and good teamwork.

Greatly reducing the percentage of your ultra meter, or zeroing it out completely on death, would make the ultras in this game actually feel "impactful" Right now the meter even charges on its own and doesn't have any penalty when dying, so everybody is going to use their ultra at least once per game with absolutely no effort in obtaining it. Special abilities shouldn't feel this cheap, and i don't mean cheap as in imbalanced, i mean cheap as it actually literally cheapens the feeling of an ultra, instead of it being that rare awesome instance that gives your team the final push its just a rote process

My point is, the ultra's should be earned rather than just given out just because you are alive and moving. it will psychologically more rewarding performing an ultra if its actually harder to obtain, that feeling that you "earned" the ability to perform one. gameplay mechanics 101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kai Tave posted:

What does this even mean? What character could they give it to that wouldn't get attention somehow besides Bastion I guess.

Zarya would probably get negative attention just for becoming even more of a huge stereotype.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If that guy played the current Brawl he would know how losing ultimate progress on death can really snowball a game.

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

hidden audio file in overwatch.mpq:

S76: Your mother would be proud.
P: You didn't know my mother very well, then.
S76: Which one?
wait what

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mierenneuker posted:

If that guy played the current Brawl he would know how losing ultimate progress on death can really snowball a game.

He's told as much on the first page several times and his reasoning is "there are snowballs already who cares at least now the snowball will feel EARNED"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Yeah, if anything ults already favor the winning/stronger team in most situations just because they're building them way faster and using them more often than the weaker team.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I refuse to play these two. I will not be part of the problem :)

http://i.imgur.com/DO8FKy3.jpg

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Zarya would probably get negative attention just for becoming even more of a huge stereotype.

I have a theory that any of the characters being confirmed as gay would receive negative attention if the official Blizzard forums are any indication.

edit; also even though I'm sure most people here know it already I'll go ahead and state the obvious that simply having an ultimate and using it isn't the tricky part, the tricky (one might say skillful) part is knowing when and how to use it to best effect, see every Pharah who tries raining justice from above only to be shot down mid battlecry having wasted their ult and accomplishing nothing.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 12, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So there are so problems that are essentially choking the life out of the game. A few of them are small problems which happen in every shooter like prevalent aim bots, and balancing issues. However there is one large problem that overshadows all of these and it's a community problem. During the beta there was a worry about what to do about people who ditch, fortunately this was solved with punishments. But nothing was done about people who do not switch. It wasn't really a problem in the beta because for the most part beta users were rational adults. Post launch the issue of people playing "mains" has become a literal disease in the community that is spreading and squeezing the life out of the game.

I don't lose games to bad players and i don't win games because of good plays. I win when my team switches and theirs doesn't and i lose when my team refuses and theirs adapts. You can be the best junkrat on earth but if their team is mostly pharah you are mostly dead weight, and there are hundreds of examples of this.

Point being there is little reason to play overwatch without a premade at the moment, and pugging is simply pointless. We need a kick system or a punishment mechanic for people who do not switch. Because they do so much more damage to their own team compared to the people who ditch.

The people who ditch are a minor inconvenience they are quickly replaced and the game goes on. The people who refuse to switch are a anchor around your neck that will all but guarantee your defeat unless their team is also made of such players at which point its just down to luck and hopefully your teams favorite characters counter their teams favorite characters.

Now you can try to explain to them that this is not call of duty or league of legions you do not use just your "favorite loadout" or "main character". But they don't care they are here to intentionally or mindlessly grief.

There are a few solutions to this that would help improve the game on a massive level. Option 1. A kick vote feature that bans the player from the lobby. Option 2. an auto kick/ban that removes people who are doing poorly and do not switch (possibly the game could prompt them to do so before kicking). Option 3. A que for those who do switch that bans those who refuse to (this could be made into the new ranked mode which would be interesting).

Of course these aren't the only solutions and perhaps there are better ones out there. However if nothing is done about this people are just going to lose interest in Overwatch because simply put you can't play Overwatch when a good 1-4 people on your team are not remotely interested in participating in it.

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Verranicus posted:

So there are so problems that are essentially choking the life out of the game. A few of them are small problems which happen in every shooter like prevalent aim bots, and balancing issues. However there is one large problem that overshadows all of these and it's a community problem. During the beta there was a worry about what to do about people who ditch, fortunately this was solved with punishments. But nothing was done about people who do not switch. It wasn't really a problem in the beta because for the most part beta users were rational adults. Post launch the issue of people playing "mains" has become a literal disease in the community that is spreading and squeezing the life out of the game.

I don't lose games to bad players and i don't win games because of good plays. I win when my team switches and theirs doesn't and i lose when my team refuses and theirs adapts. You can be the best junkrat on earth but if their team is mostly pharah you are mostly dead weight, and there are hundreds of examples of this.

Point being there is little reason to play overwatch without a premade at the moment, and pugging is simply pointless. We need a kick system or a punishment mechanic for people who do not switch. Because they do so much more damage to their own team compared to the people who ditch.

The people who ditch are a minor inconvenience they are quickly replaced and the game goes on. The people who refuse to switch are a anchor around your neck that will all but guarantee your defeat unless their team is also made of such players at which point its just down to luck and hopefully your teams favorite characters counter their teams favorite characters.

Now you can try to explain to them that this is not call of duty or league of legions you do not use just your "favorite loadout" or "main character". But they don't care they are here to intentionally or mindlessly grief.

There are a few solutions to this that would help improve the game on a massive level. Option 1. A kick vote feature that bans the player from the lobby. Option 2. an auto kick/ban that removes people who are doing poorly and do not switch (possibly the game could prompt them to do so before kicking). Option 3. A que for those who do switch that bans those who refuse to (this could be made into the new ranked mode which would be interesting).

Of course these aren't the only solutions and perhaps there are better ones out there. However if nothing is done about this people are just going to lose interest in Overwatch because simply put you can't play Overwatch when a good 1-4 people on your team are not remotely interested in participating in it.

have you tried switching from "saltcare little whiney bitch" to "having fun and being cool" you might like it idk

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It was actually a typo and they meant only one character isn't gay.

Actually they should say that just to watch people flip out.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
please reveal the bisexual male character, blizzard

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

chumbler posted:

It was actually a typo and they meant only one character isn't gay.

true. Bastion is bi

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mierenneuker posted:

link the pic your avatar is from please.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Blizzard wants you to understand that switching characters is important.

So I always switch to Mcree so I can Mary Sue some rear end.

Healer? She Ded.
Assault class? Double-Ded.
Tank? Fan-Roll-Fan Ded BAMF-Erryday!

Have fun guys, blizzard wants you to switch to Mcree, don't deny their wishes!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

sex idiot posted:

have you tried switching from "saltcare little whiney bitch" to "having fun and being cool" you might like it idk

How long is is it gonna be until this thread figures out giant paragraph vomit is copied and pasted

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How long is is it gonna be until this thread figures out giant paragraph vomit is copied and pasted

Never because no one ever realizes it without sourced quotes.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Its as if BBCode has a quote feature or something.

Or keyboards have these "quotation marks" on them.

Or the English teacher rotting in hell for failing to teach people things like "sources."

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"It'll be a huge step forward when we reveal we have A Gay Character" -Blizzard, lagging behind their fanbase by about a dozen gay ships

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The brawl is really fun because people have to adjust from using the same tired tactics over and over. Also it prevents retards from picking their "fav" hero no matter what.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Supercar Gautier posted:

"It'll be a huge step forward when we reveal we have A Gay Character" -every media producer ever, lagging behind their fanbase by about a dozen gay ships

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Never because no one ever realizes it without sourced quotes.

i do

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Roadhog is the gay character, idiots

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If someone copies and pastes it without quotes then it might as well be coming from their own mouths and i'll still call 'em a salt bitch

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Macaluso posted:

Roadhog is the gay character, idiots

Get over here :-*

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Blizzcon 2016 overwatch spokesman: And now to finally reveal that the gay character... is all of you. you're all gay lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

"It'll be a huge step forward when we reveal we have A Gay Character" -Blizzard, lagging behind their fanbase by about a dozen gay ships

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

Or the English teacher rotting in hell for failing to teach people things like "sources."

xGokuXbloodxKillerx69 posted:

A giant wall of text that, were it representative of an actual person's tendency toward drama or awful opinions would have got them banned from SomethingAwful years ago

69, Goku. Blizzard Forums; Overwatch; General Discussion. "Does anybody else think we should buff Widow and nerf Mei, also here is my 1,488 page screed about skeletons taking titties out of our video games." The Internet. (420).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Zenyatta knows what's up.

Gays, into the iris.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm very upset about mashing shift to absorb Bastion fire as Zarya and it not computing, leading our stupid dumb let-me-carry-the-payload-for-literal-5-min team to lose. Quite upset. If it came out I'd have melted the Bastion AND everyone else on the point with 99% charge.

On other news, I'm enjoying Zarya more and more. It's very cool and good to walk out of a point, shield someone, shield myself and destroy all their defenses because the turrets/snipers just gave me 80 charge.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ddraig posted:

Gays, into the iris.

This confirms that no Overwatch character is actually gay because whenever Zen uses his ult everyone else runs away.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kai Tave posted:

What does this even mean? What character could they give it to that wouldn't get attention somehow besides Bastion I guess.

I can't imagine anyone caring if they said Torb was gay.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

sex idiot posted:

It's a legit issue because it makes the matchmaking more volatile. If I play nothing but Bastion 24/7 and Blizzard rates me as a 50 or whatever, that's probably averaging a lot of 75 rated games where I'm on D and a lot of 25 rated games where I'm on O. So if it matches me with other 50 rated players those games are going to be imbalanced every time. It's probably why the games feel so one sided a lot of the time.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

I think you're severely underestimating how worked up people can get about anything ever, least of all characters in a video game being revealed as gay, even if you don't think this or that character is as important or noteworthy as another one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I think Torbjorn has lines creeping on Widowmaker/D.Va etc anyways

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It should be Hanzo or Reaper. At least we can turn all the inevitable hate backlash on our favor then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Gays, into the iris.

Someone make me a picture of the characters having a good time in Zenyatta's gay bar The Iris while the one non-gay one (Torb) sits sadly on his turret outside.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Thor-Stryker posted:

please source your quote, by the way

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Help Im Alive posted:

symmetra is his beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Help Im Alive posted:

Torb creeps on all the women.

Torb: "Hehe... you've got something on your dress"
Symmetra: "No, I haven't"

e: It's quite funny but also quite sad because he uses their robots/tech to creep on them.

He wants to have a look under D.Va's "hood" and wants to look at Mei's "little robot"

Yeah, we know what you want Torb, you creep.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 12, 2016