Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I've never read this thread before and clicked on a bored whim hoping for Andromeda updates

This is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I would drink purple milk.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

EAs E3 stream starting soon

Hope there's going to be gameplay of Andromeda shown and not just a pre-rendered trailer

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's 6am where I am, I'm up early to watch :D

I heard a rumor that Mass Effect will get a big amount of stage time with a full gameplay demonstration.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Great, a 2 minute trailer... :smith:

(at least it was a really loving good trailer)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
http://www.masseffect.com/news/video-mass-effect-andromeda-ea-play-2016.html

It's up already.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

EAs E3 stream starting soon

Hope there's going to be gameplay of Andromeda shown and not just a pre-rendered trailer

Lol. Owned. Maybe they'll do something at Microsoft's conference?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If the basic premise of Andromeda is exploring a big new unknown galaxy, what is with all the Milky Way aliens and architecture? Are you part of some massive expedition loaded up with extragalactic prefab buildings and poo poo?

E: I know very little about ME:A

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kajeesus posted:

If the basic premise of Andromeda is exploring a big new unknown galaxy, what is with all the Milky Way aliens and architecture? Are you part of some massive expedition loaded up with extragalactic prefab buildings and poo poo?

E: I know very little about ME:A

I believe the premise is that a massive arc ship was launched from the Milky Way during the Reaper invasion in ME 3, in case we couldn't win. I assume that the ship was full of all the major Milky Way species.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh. Yeah, that makes sense.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Eventually, they may show what the game looks like.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The Tempest is one sexy looking ship :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A lot of that looks really drat good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This game is supposed to come out in less than half a year, has already been delayed once, and we haven't seen any gameplay footage yet. This is good news... for Mass Effect!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No way this game isn't delayed until at least next fall.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The Asari in that clip looked a lot like a blue version of the average woman you'd see see at a convention. I'm glad to see they're taking steps to make them much less sexually appealing. I just hope she has a nice personality.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 12, 2016

midwat
May 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

This game is supposed to come out in less than half a year, has already been delayed once, and we haven't seen any gameplay footage yet. This is good news... for Mass Effect!

Oh yeah and the employees who can't jump that ship fast enough. After "all their work is done," of course.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In the distant future, the original Bioware leads from the Mass Effect series were sent on a desperate mission to develop a game in secret, in the event that Andromeda was a complete failure.

Their project: Mass Effect 4.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
The stuff I saw looked pretty good but it's a little odd that that was all they had

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I imagine they're going to have a dedicated stream for it later this year where they give a proper rundown of the game. Strange they didn't have anything real to show though, I guess it was nice to get some in-engine footage though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

It's not less than half a year. Everyone has been placing it around March next year.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kajeesus posted:

Crap, I've been shorting prefabs all these years!

Looks like even the Alliance runs Asp Explorers for their trips to deep space.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Veotax posted:

I believe the premise is that a massive arc ship was launched from the Milky Way during the Reaper invasion in ME 3, in case we couldn't win. I assume that the ship was full of all the major Milky Way species.

That's actually...not a stupid premise. Hopefully they can keep that momentum going for the rest of the project

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This is the 3rd E3 where they've put out a 2 minute trailer with developer talking heads and CGI. They still don't have any game footage they're willing to show off outside of a 2 second clip of the Mako?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't think there was much CGI in that video, plenty of stuff that looked in-engine if not in-game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Have they confirmed Geth romances

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Alain Post posted:

Have they confirmed Geth romances

No. Just Elcor romances.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

mangler103 posted:

No. Just Elcor romances.

Eh, close enough.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mangler103 posted:

No. Just Elcor romances.

With hope: Yaaay.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

mangler103 posted:

No. Just Elcor romances.

Excitedly: This is what I have always wanted.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I'm all about boost assisted romance and powers:

I'm guessing it's Nova.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

It's not less than half a year. Everyone has been placing it around March next year.

Christmas next year seems more likely if they're still only teasing. If it's March this is the closest E3 to it. The video was just "yes we're still making a mass effect video game"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't care how long it takes as long as it is awesome.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Good Lord that's a wet fart of a trailer and E3 showing.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Trying to reinstall ME and ME2 and download the DLC from Bioware but can't login to the site. FAQ says legacy accounts are gone. So does this mean I can't access my DLC?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/742096627977072640

Basically, it isn't ready yet.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

dkj posted:

Trying to reinstall ME and ME2 and download the DLC from Bioware but can't login to the site. FAQ says legacy accounts are gone. So does this mean I can't access my DLC?

I'm not entirely sure of this, nor do I know if this is the only way, but I believe basically everything got merged into EA/Origin accounts. Steam keys for ME and ME2 will activate a copy on Origin and if you use the same email as the account they might be there? I'm not really sure honestly. All I can really tell you is that I haven't installed ME2 from Origin but I activated my Steam key there a while ago and it has the DLC I bought available.

Bring Down the Sky might just be included at this point. That I'm also not sure about.

You could also just try contacting support, they're generally helpful.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Fall timeline? Fall 2017? 'Cause they've already said not this year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

midwat posted:

Fall timeline? Fall 2017? 'Cause they've already said not this year.

Fall as in that's when they'll be ready to show it, I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It means by the end of the year they'll probably release the same trailer except the shots of in-development stuff will be replaced with static landscape shots and some b-list actors mumbling about how we escaped the Reapers, but we never expected the ice.

• Locked thread