Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
hey all, uhh... how do i say this? but well, the game is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

hey all, uhh... how do i say this? but well, the game is bad

interesting.tell me more

Aug 4, 2010

how u ppl gonna defend a game with hitboxes like this in 2016??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Neurolimal posted:

interesting.tell me more

well, its not good, for starters, hold on let me find this link

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

www posted:

lmao and they want this to be a competitive game.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

www posted:

like half his examples he does a really high shot and whiffs, then is like achin above the head and hits, who currs none of us are gonna get paid to esports

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
oh, no oversized hitboxes- shut up nerd, no one's gonna notice that poo poo during normal play.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Germstore posted:

oh, no oversized hitboxes- shut up nerd, no one's gonna notice that poo poo during normal play.

i will

Aug 4, 2010

Germstore posted:

i notice it all the time

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

why you playin' overwatch?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
wait until the electronic sportage community hears about this

"gg2ez fag game" -HotShot369

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Germstore posted:

why you playin' overwatch?

it was a troll, overwatch is BAD!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Germstore posted:

i did and figured something was hosed up in the killcam until i saw that.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
Started playing yesterday, it's very fun but plenty of flaws. I think TF2 was better but is now infested with 11 year olds, so play this instead.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ChosenbytheZetans posted:

Started playing yesterday, it's very fun but plenty of flaws. I think TF2 was better but is now infested with 11 year olds, so play this instead.

How is Overwatch not infested with 11 year olds!?

You just don't hear them, because off how the mic system works.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
I really don't understand how the mic system works, so that's a good point. I was playing tf2 last weekend for the first time in a while and it was nothing but kids, which seemed unusual.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

www posted:

Wow, that is pretty bad.
The game's super fun and I'm gunna keep playing it but yeah, seems to be designed to make everyone feel like they're doing better than they actually are: no scoreboards, emphasis on positive stats etc, these hitboxes.

And I suppose that's just to make the game very accessible, but I dunno if it can really become a big competitive game. still at least probably more interesting than watching counter-strike

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The emphasis of Overwatch is on team play and positioning not individual skill, so the hit boxes are fine. Widow maker and mccree kinda gently caress this up though because if you are a good enough shot you can play either one of these characters and carry the team

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

Hes not op but he lols at the squishy "badass" characters, so ppl hate him

It's easy to destroy him with widowmaker. He usually doesn't have the range to kill you or the time to change weapons and run.

Germstore posted:

It doesn't bother me because whatever but I've definitely noticed it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

genji always fucks me up too.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Competive TF2 always was a bit of a joke*, so I'm perfectly fine with Overwatch not being a competitive but a dumb fun game.

*All those "pros" getting banned for cheating was the punchline.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
overwatch is a bad game

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

Competive TF2 always was a bit of a joke*, so I'm perfectly fine with Overwatch not being a competitive but a dumb fun game.

the problem is more blizzard still doing tourneys and stuff. it's laughable. it's kind of annoying how competitive gaming is straight up a marketing thing now and doesn't matter how balanced or well designed a game is.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Huge hitboxes, especially for headshots, are common on console games. I'm guessing Blizzard was just too lazy to make them more appropriate for the PC version.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
tf2 is noobed up
but overwatch is too

hmm..

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Overwatch is good. But all videogames are bad.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Chinatown posted:

Overwatch is good. But all videogames are bad.

everythign is bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

vug posted:

tf2 is noobed up
but overwatch is too

hmm..

someone needs to make a new tfc.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Overwatch is good, play it on consoles so you don't have to worry about sperging out about hit boxes and tick rates or whatever the autists on pc talk about

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

oversized hitboxes are good i can finally headshot people as a sniper

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I like to play different characters and have a fun time playing videogame, overwatch is good for that

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Aralan posted:

Overwatch is good, play it on consoles so you don't have to worry about sperging out about hit boxes and tick rates or whatever the autists on pc talk about

playing an fps on a console with a controller is the ultimate gaming sin.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
On the other hand: it's good, and fun

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Someone got this game for me - will I be disappointed as much as my friendship with this person who gave it to me?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Pubbing is frustrating as all gently caress for now, but otherwise I really like it. I mainly played medic in TF2 and having a medic that's able to zip around from player to player and float is really, really fun. I definitely feel like I am going to get my money's worth with this one. I also like that it's probably never going to be a huge e-sport game so really good players can keep playing CSGO or whatever.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

full team of torbjans set up turrets outside enemy team's spawn.

enemy team barely leaves spawn.

victory.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

dog buttz posted:

full team of torbjans set up turrets outside enemy team's spawn.

enemy team barely leaves spawn.

victory.

5 torbs and a symmetra

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mierenneuker posted:

Is there any place I can read more about those people getting banned for cheating? That sounds hilarious.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

here you go my man

http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-vac-bans-tf2-hack-users-pro-players-caught/

cs go pro cheating

http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-competitive-scene-embroiled-in-hacking-scandal-as-three-players-are-banned/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIeAQ1YYUC8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Shockingly enough, esports is a joke where you're either blatantly cheating or getting coddled by the balance team

• Locked thread