Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

SectumSempra posted:

PC sure, no one is basically ever on on ps4.

:smith:
If there is still a ps4 goon clan my PSN is altersun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So I understand that concealed explosives + Saryn's Spore is bonkers. I've been using it for ODD and it's absolute murder, far above what you'd expect. Can somebody explain to me what the hell is actually going on? It seems like when you hit a spore it propagates some percentage of the damage that was used to pop the spore? The wiki talks about toxin damage but my Hikou deal viral, not toxin, and the targets getting blasted aren't affected by a toxin proc.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I thought the ps4 clan was popular enough.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Tulip posted:

So I understand that concealed explosives + Saryn's Spore is bonkers. I've been using it for ODD and it's absolute murder, far above what you'd expect. Can somebody explain to me what the hell is actually going on? It seems like when you hit a spore it propagates some percentage of the damage that was used to pop the spore? The wiki talks about toxin damage but my Hikou deal viral, not toxin, and the targets getting blasted aren't affected by a toxin proc.

Spores spread to all enemies in range when popped, dealing a certain amount of damage as an immediate hit and then DOT for the duration.

Pop more spores, more spread, more burst damage due to stacking pops.

The base damage of the spores is affected only by power strength.

Toxin comes in when they pop. A percentage of any toxin procs is added to the spore damage, so a toxin procced enemy's spores will be stronger than those without. Stacking toxin procs add to the damage, as does just having absurdly high toxin procs to begin with. Gas damage works well as well as it deals toxin procs, and also has aoe that pops spores.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I have a maxed flow on my volt, which says it increase max energy by 150%. When I equip it, my max energy goes from 150 to 300, which is only a 100% bump. I'm assuming there's something in the way the boost is calculated that I'm missing?

I love how byzantine this game can still be despite the many many improvements over the years

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

All mods affect the base amount, it does not count the bonuses you get from leveling up your frame.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

Warframe is a game about Zen. Don't desire, just be, murder, and run free.

Expect nothing, and you will never be disappointed.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Meanwhile, on the official forums:

Unconfirmed features you think will appear in U19

Warframe Community Manager posted:

Warframe dating sim

Katawa Warframe

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 13, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Tulip posted:

nah, noting to do with the damage.

If you want to see something fun on draco or other areas where the enemies come to you, like defense, try this.

Use Torrid as primary.

1-Get energy

2-Use Molt

3-shoot the torrid at the molt

Cast spore on the molt continuously to continually put spores on all adds every where. as a bonus shoot some into the crowds to also burst those spores and spread those further in addition.

You can throw in a miasma when you want if something that won't die comes up, (hint: everything will be severely damaged if it vulnerable) otherwise refresh and repeat

In addition if your torid is modded well, it will deal 10 ticks of damage that things can't walk into, and pretty much kill whatever it hits

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 13, 2016

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

In addition if your torid is modded well, it will deal 10 ticks of damage that things can't walk into, and pretty much kill whatever it hits

What is a well modded torid? My experience is using it a year ago and hating it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Use an Ignis instead, they're awesome and accomplishes the same thing.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Use an Ignis instead, they're awesome and accomplishes the same thing.

Cool then I am already ahead of the game.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

SSNeoman posted:

Meanwhile, on the official forums

"Y-you think I'm c-c-c..." You can't help but smile as she turns her sightless visage this way and that, obviously flustered. You're sure that beneath her expressionless mask, what flesh she possesses is flushed and writhing.

"Even though I have... that I'm so..." Nova-chan hugs herself tightly and you notice her small hands subconsciously trying to cover the pitted scars in her porcelain armor, carved here and there by matter-antimatter annihilation. For such a powerful frame, she looks so fragile, like a china doll. You resist the urge to step in and hug her, given that the energies now sparking from the aforementioned pockmarks would no doubt cause some form of enormous explosion on contact.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 13, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kokoro Wish posted:

Nova-chan hugs herself tightly and you can't help but notice her small hands

I have the biggest molecular primes!

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
You'd think any creature dating Nova-chan would die of radiation poisoning within a week. She's pretty much a walking nuclear reactor.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

I went and sent a PS4 clan invite to the people from the last two pages that were asking for it. OP should mention that PS4 people can send a message to SAzzanadra over PSN and I'll send the invites next time I can.

We're capped at 30 population to keep the dojo costs from being too crazy for the 3-5 of us that still regularly play, so if I start getting flooded with requests the boots might be getting mean. I would say ask in clanchat for stuffs but I hardly look at it due to the lack of other people online :v:

Azzanadra fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 13, 2016

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Oops, my computer has AIDS. Proof for Northco that my poo poo was real hosed.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Kokoro Wish posted:

"Y-you think I'm c-c-c..." You can't help but smile as she turns her sightless visage this way and that, obviously flustered. You're sure that beneath her expressionless mask, what flesh she possesses is flushed and writhing.

"Even though I have... that I'm so..." Nova-chan hugs herself tightly and you can't help but notice her small hands subconsciously trying to cover the pitted scars in her porcelain armor, carved here and there by matter-antimatter annihilation. For such a powerful frame, she looks so fragile, like a china doll. You resist the urge to step in and hug her, given that the energies now sparking from the aforementioned pockmarks would no doubt cause some form of enormous explosion on contact.

"S... sempai. My syndicate proc meter..."

But it was Nyx the whole time!

Bobcats fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I can live with that, yeah

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
Hey folks, I've been getting back into Warframe after several years worth of a break. Been playing for about two weeks, got up to master 6. Friends of mine bought me back by giving me sayrn prime (I mained a sayrn all those years ago) and I have a valkyr and banshee for solo and supporting respectively. My current clan is just some IRL friends who are can barely whip up a 4 man crew to do anything so I figured I'd pop in here. I'll be applying to the clan once I get home from work and can clean out my invites.

Just curious if those three frames I mentioned are worth it and/or meta? I will still prob main the sayrn since I'm a sucker for poison mechanics and I really like her playstyle.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

KingReploid posted:

Hey folks, I've been getting back into Warframe after several years worth of a break. Been playing for about two weeks, got up to master 6. Friends of mine bought me back by giving me sayrn prime (I mained a sayrn all those years ago) and I have a valkyr and banshee for solo and supporting respectively. My current clan is just some IRL friends who are can barely whip up a 4 man crew to do anything so I figured I'd pop in here. I'll be applying to the clan once I get home from work and can clean out my invites.

Just curious if those three frames I mentioned are worth it and/or meta? I will still prob main the sayrn since I'm a sucker for poison mechanics and I really like her playstyle.

All of those frames are very good and have very different roles.

You will probably want to pick up some corrupted mods to get the most out of your builds. Transient fortitude, fleeting expertise, and overextended are the most useful ones. Though narrow minded is very good on Valkyr.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Here's something I just thought about last night: with the change to new/forma'd weapon levels, what happens to those first x levels' worth of mastery points?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

hooah posted:

Here's something I just thought about last night: with the change to new/forma'd weapon levels, what happens to those first x levels' worth of mastery points?

Should still be the same. You are still leveling the weapon from 0 to 30. That's where the mastery comes from. Now you just get that initial mod capacity ahead of time.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Oh, I thought you got the weapon and it was already at level whatever. That makes more sense.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

All of those frames are very good and have very different roles.

You will probably want to pick up some corrupted mods to get the most out of your builds. Transient fortitude, fleeting expertise, and overextended are the most useful ones. Though narrow minded is very good on Valkyr.

I'm pretty sure I have a few copies of those mods, I've been using Bouse's Builds to give me an idea what to pick up but I have no idea if they're current.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Don't "main" anything just use what you find fun.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

hooah posted:

Oh, I thought you got the weapon and it was already at level whatever. That makes more sense.

There's a trough where you won't gain any mod points when the weapon levels until it exceeds your own mastery level

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

Bobcats posted:

There's a trough where you won't gain any mod points when the weapon levels until it exceeds your own mastery level

But if you're high enough mastery, you'll have a high floor on your usable mod capacity - enough to fit in the essentials until it's maxed out.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Warframe has a 75plat, 7-day boosters thing in Humble Bundles E3 package. https://www.humblebundle.com/e3-digital-ticket

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Promo code PCGAMINGSHOW2016 to get a special version of the dark split sword.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Peewi posted:

Promo code PCGAMINGSHOW2016 to get a special version of the dark split sword.

Thanks, also for anyone else that gets confused like me, it's a skin for the dark split sword, not a special version of it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Penis Vanguard posted:

Thanks, also for anyone else that gets confused like me, it's a skin for the dark split sword, not a special version of it.

Oh, I just watched the stream and redeemed the code. They didn't make it clear that it's just a skin.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Love me some free skins :toot: Much obliged.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Azzanadra posted:

I went and sent a PS4 clan invite to the people from the last two pages that were asking for it. OP should mention that PS4 people can send a message to SAzzanadra over PSN and I'll send the invites next time I can.
Thanks for the invite. I'll be in once I have enough polymer bundles to build the clan key...

If it's a paid resource I can chip in a few bucks once I'm in. Seems fair for a game where I've spent zero dollars to get into.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Anyone got a Arcane Squall helmet for frost? I'm interest in getting one.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

What is a well modded torid? My experience is using it a year ago and hating it.

Split chamber, fires two.

damage everything.

Including the mod that increases damage but lowers accuracy.

it needs about 4 forma to shine.

it's better then ignis damage wise. ignis is great for stats though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcMHmC-y8Wc

Space lacrosse

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The official sport of anim-eh

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I think they overedited that with the slowdowns, feels kinda sedate and undersells how fast Warframe can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The cheering crowd sounds is made sadder by the fact that there is no crowd.