Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

q really hosed up by trying to tempt riker with god powers. anyone else on the ship would've totally bit, but riker already had the superpower to gently caress anything that moves so why bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

DOMDOM posted:

grand nagus zek: quaaaaaaaaaaarrrrkkk, eeehehhhheheheheeeeeheheheheheheheheee

i loving love the grand nagus

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Quuaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkk

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

DOMDOM posted:

they should have scrapped voyager in favor of a ferengi spinoff

It's Always Sunny Rainy on Ferenginar

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i've never watched ds9 because i don't like the idea of ferengis having any depth beyond being conniving clumsy greedy horny space goblins

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i've never watched ds9 because i don't like the idea of ferengis having any depth beyond being conniving clumsy greedy horny space goblins

it's okay, they don't

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Though one time Rom turned into a Marxist and unionized the bar staff.

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

Nog was cool, I liked his arc

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Which one of you fuckers voted this thread down from gold

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

A mediocre rating for a thread titled "STAR TREK: VOYAGER" seems about right

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
maybe we should structure the thread so as to have no continuity between posts so new readers arent confused?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I just watched the hotel royale episode of TNG. I almost skipped it cos of what someone said up thread, but actually it was good. Maybe I should watch voyager too??

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Maybe I should watch voyager too??

yes

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

maybe we should structure the thread so as to have no continuity between posts so new readers arent confused?

I read the thread from start to finish and all I saw were a bunch of posts referencing every other Star Trek. All the Voyager original content has sucked.

This thread truly is the embodiment of Star Trek: Voyager.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

I suggest we use a tractor beam to alter the thread's trajectory. :geno:

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

Ok but i draw the line with new uniforms

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i loving love the grand nagus

His you have failed miserably lectures were always amazing.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I suggest we use a tractor beam to alter the thread's trajectory. :geno:

Ignore this guy, decompress the shuttle bay :riker:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
TOO MANY TACHYONS, REVERSE POLARITY

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You guys need to calm down and ask your spirit animal what to do. Akoocheemoya.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i'm the giant unknown space creature trying to mate with this thread

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What Would O'Brien Do?

*beams up a pile of sweet sweet nuggs*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What Would O'Brien Do?

*beams up a pile of sweet sweet nuggs*

*lights joint in jeffery's tube*
"heh heh heh, welcome to the Miles high club"

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
"The Royale" was prescient since Picard was able just to call up a copy of the book on his computer and read it. But then in the same episode he says Fermat's Last Theorum still hasn't been solved in the 24th century when it was actually solved just a few years after the episode aired.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Action Jacktion posted:

"The Royale" was prescient since Picard was able just to call up a copy of the book on his computer and read it. But then in the same episode he says Fermat's Last Theorum still hasn't been solved in the 24th century when it was actually solved just a few years after the episode aired.

Wiles got ganked in the secret eugenics war, story checks out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Hector Beerlioz posted:

this is a good post.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

im gonna name my next bong the Jeffery's Tube

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Action Jacktion posted:

In a few years, we'll find Fermat's REAL Last Theorum. That's the one they really talk about in TNG. It was something just scribbled in the back of a notebook of his along with a drawing of a naked woman he doodled.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lord of Pie posted:

Ignore this guy, decompress the shuttle bay :riker:

3 words in this poster's name! It's all coming together!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Action Jacktion posted:

Was it though? The guy who solved it used and invented cutting edge techniques that Fermat would never have had access to. For Picard, a student of history, it seems the real mystery would be to prove the theorem using period maths.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Is Picard a math genius though?

Maybe he or Geordi should just tell the ship's computer to create a holodeck simulation of Fermat that is capable of solving the theorem only using known maths of his time.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JediTalentAgent posted:

Maybe he or Geordi should just tell the ship's computer to create a holodeck simulation of Fermat that is capable of solving the theorem only using known maths of his time.

That always ends up creating space Mengele

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

JediTalentAgent posted:

no don't Geordi's heart cant take falling in love with another simulation

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I remember the website of a sort of disgruntled technical/science advisor for TNG writers who talked about how he got largely ignored. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Why don't they power the ships with whatever battery Data has in him, that never needs a recharge or fuel of any kind?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

no don't Geordi's heart cant take falling in love with another simulation

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
This is the most action Geordi ever got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Was he a dick to ensign Ro, or was that another young ensign that he was just a huge dick to and maybe she had a crush on him?? Or is this a fever dream I'm having where a girl like Geordi.