Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
So uuuuuuuuuuuuuh, I don't think this race is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VikingSkull posted:

It's literally the only defense of open cockpit race cars nowadays

With Dallara already developing something, what the gently caress more do you want? Do you want them to rush a solution that hasn't been properly developed and tested, potentially introducing drivers to even more risk of injury?

Again, you don't actually give a poo poo. You just jump on every opportunity to poo poo on this series that you don't care about. Go away.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

But guys the halo makes the car look uglyyyyyy

You know what else looks ugly? Justin Wilson's skull after Karam's nosecone bounced into it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

It's a goddamn monsoon in Texas.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Helicon One posted:

But guys the halo makes the car look uglyyyyyy

You know what else looks ugly? Justin Wilson's skull after Karam's nosecone bounced into it.

show must go on can't rush things

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VikingSkull posted:

show must go on can't rush things

'Lets just throw something on the car now without testing it at all' - A Great Idea

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
they have used high deflector style windscreens in open wheel previously and could have done at least that, unlike the spectacular "do nothing, maybe make a computer drawing" plan they have now

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bentai posted:

Probably not for long. RHR clearly beat Hinch to the blend line.

Flip side is that was before the most recent round of pits, so there might not be much for Indycar to do.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/742088343689658368

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
END THIS FARCE YOU IDIOTS

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

So if its called today is that it or do they have the nascar must make half way before its official rule?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/KevinLee23/status/742097382792269824
:stare:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
well it looks like they can't get out of the track; so they'll have to race!!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

boat race

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Rahal just tweeted that they aren't racing today

e: going to be a formal announcement at 5 CT; which I think is 11pm UK time

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 12, 2016

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Race postponed until 27th August; according to random people on twitter. Apparently announced on track PA system

A good decision IMO

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

And confirmed
https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/742114567514247169

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The whole restarting on lap 72 thing I don't like; but other than that its really the only thing that they could have done - the weather for tomorrow seems dodgy and a bunch of guys really need to leave tomorrow evening for Le Mans. Its more sensible than perhaps running the thing on Tuesday morning which might have ended up being the most likely outcome.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It'll be interesting to see how the fantasy league thing is modified.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
I live north of Dallas and holy loving poo poo the storm that rolled through here produced a monsoon for like 2 hours. The fact that they didn't call it when they stopped it was extremely stupid.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm just annoyed they ran 30 laps under yellow for no drat reason when it should of come out right after newgardens wreck.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

OK, so if the race restarts on Lap 72, after the Newgarden and Daly crash, do those two just not bother showing up for that weekend?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
They should be allowed to repair their cars over the two-month red flag and then rejoin the race

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Helicon One posted:

OK, so if the race restarts on Lap 72, after the Newgarden and Daly crash, do those two just not bother showing up for that weekend?

On the livestream of the press conference they said that they could come back; but that they'd be restarting 35 laps down

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
This makes no sense to me. Just run the full race, starting positions will be the positions they left off at.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
if you go by history you get the green on 73 and those two get the day off

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

George Zimmer posted:

This makes no sense to me. Just run the full race, starting positions will be the positions they left off at.

Its something that they might yet change; but they'd probably have to get the agreement of the teams and they might prefer the postponement

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Just have them run two 200 mile twin races in one night IMO.

They should always do that.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

IceAgeComing posted:

On the livestream of the press conference they said that they could come back; but that they'd be restarting 35 laps down

Will cars have to start with the same setups and fuel levels they left off with too? This is so dumb. Let's just rerun the race.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Newgarden to be discharged tonight. Fractured right clavicle and small right hand fracture.
https://twitter.com/indycar/status/742135962419875840

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I'm pretty sure restarting where everyone was is actually the normal thing. The non-normal thing is delaying a race multiple months due to weather after it started. It's happened in the past, obviously, but its still not that common.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Just clean slate this poo poo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Restart the race at a random time on a random day of the week and all the drivers have to drop what they're doing and figure out how to get to the track

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Restart the race at a random time on a random day of the week and all the drivers have to drop what they're doing and figure out how to get to the track

They should race to the track and then whatever mileage is left will determine the length of the race. So if the race is 200 miles in length, and I drove 60 miles to get there, I have 140 miles left to run.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Had to skeddadle after the wreck, all I missed was more anguish.

This is what was on my screen still when I came home so enjoy that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
can't raise that windscreen up even an inch, our short off season means we couldn't test such a major overhaul of the car - Indycar

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

can't raise that windscreen up even an inch, our short off season means we couldn't test such a major overhaul of the car - Indycar

Jimmy Vasser and other seem very pissed tonight.

It's about time that something is suddenly done.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

not sure how a halo would have helped keep his seatbelt from breaking his collarbone but ok

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

not sure how a halo would have helped keep his seatbelt from breaking his collarbone but ok

pretty interested to see what the maximum deceleration was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I swear I heard someone on the broadcast say it was 50g.

• Locked thread