Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Homework Explainer posted:

toxx threads seem like isolation chambers for the various posting cadres so it's whatever

its its like i like them or anything

senpai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
kate beaton wrote a really good blog post about how hosed up it is that dudes assume they know her and "love" her and send her creepy messages and act weird to her at cons, just because they like her art

alas though, i have no power over my heart

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

but here's her website
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=1

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fake beaten

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXoXEBod7bg

this is easily the best tv of all time

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Al! posted:

life in the tim horton's arcology
welcome back Al!, good to see you again

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Baloogan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXoXEBod7bg

this is easily the best tv of all time

what poo poo was that

looks like from the 90s

just lost a bit of respect for you

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wow i do not remember posting that here

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Drink em all and let God sort it out

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
In blacked-out baloogan's defense, Craig Ferguson was the best of the late night shows. Damning with faint praise, but still

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

If I had a nickel for every time I've drunkenly posted a video that I decided was the best ever that nobody could relate to

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

In blacked-out baloogan's defense, Craig Ferguson was the best of the late night shows. Damning with faint praise, but still

:agreed:

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
checking in here 2 say that pizza that gets super floppy after it gets reheated, is the saddest kind of pizza.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Classic Comrade posted:

checking in here 2 say that pizza that gets super floppy after it gets reheated, is the saddest kind of pizza.

fry it in a dry non stick pan not kidding

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Classic Comrade posted:

Try Pizzaria! brand digiornos.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

eat an entire bag of pizza combos and lay on your back praying for death to take you peacefully but swiftly

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

not that I would know anything about that heh heh

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Classic Comrade posted:

Please don't microwave pizza, your taste buds will thank you.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I roasted a bunch of different kinds of mushrooms only this time I used sesame oil instead of olive oil. It worked out really well. Gotta put some chipotle chili powder on them when you put them in the oven, that's the secret to amazing roasted mushrooms.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Peztopiary posted:

I roasted a bunch of different kinds of mushrooms only this time I used sesame oil instead of olive oil. It worked out really well. Gotta put some chipotle chili powder on them when you put them in the oven, that's the secret to amazing roasted mushrooms.

Try avocado oil sometime, it's very buttery and it has a higher smoke point. I usually use a mix of avocado oil and butter when cooking mushrooms.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Mrit posted:

Please don't microwave pizza, your taste buds will thank you.

honestly some pizza can withstand the microwave ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

today i have learned that papa ginos, cannot.

low energy pizza

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Mrit posted:

Try avocado oil sometime, it's very buttery and it has a higher smoke point. I usually use a mix of avocado oil and butter when cooking mushrooms.

drat that sounds good; i've never heard of avocado oil. i don't think i've even seen it in grocery stores around here or anything.

maybe i'll have to look at a fancier grocery store like whole foods or trader joes or somethin

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Classic Comrade posted:

if you have a cast iron skillet, put it on medium and then put in your pizza, drizzle a small amount of water (not on the pizza but around it) and immediately cover. come back in 6 minutes to awesome pizza, sometimes even better than it was when it was fresh

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Classic Comrade posted:

drat that sounds good; i've never heard of avocado oil. i don't think i've even seen it in grocery stores around here or anything.

maybe i'll have to look at a fancier grocery store like whole foods or trader joes or somethin

Its at Costco for 8 bucks for 6+ months worth of oil, don't get ripped off elsewhere.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Mrit posted:

Its at Costco for 8 bucks for 6+ months worth of oil, don't get ripped off elsewhere.

rhode island does not have costco :<

we've got other wholesale-type places tho so i'll just have to keep my eye out~

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

the best way to eat cold pizza is cold

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I agree with this idiot hell fucker

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

thanks al

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

once again, it depends on the pizza.

imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deep dish pizza is basically hot eggless quiche

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Roommate has some kind of hellplague, but when she's feeling better, I think I'm going to make us a deep dish pizza. It's been a while.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Matoi is awesome

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Solvent posted:

Matoi is awesome

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hello

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Been settling into my new place the last couple days. Unpacking and such. I like it! Still trying to determine the optimal kitchen set-up though.

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 08:02 on Jun 13, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i pulled the trigger and bought a new computer, all the parts are due on tuesday

no more overheating 5 year old laptop for me anymore

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
this month is looking up for me, new computer, new workout plan, new paid internship, and i got the new anti-depressants too

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
also i got really good tickets to hamilton at the pantages, that makes me a huge nerd but i can deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nice, good luck

• Locked thread