Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure one of the official symptoms is lead poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

What is that?

you know, how black people are all angry and violent. just like short people.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

you know, how black people are all angry and violent. just like short people.

so, what 5' 7"? 5' 6"?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

so, what 5' 7"? 5' 6"?

I'm 5'11, but I find height bullshit annoying. I have a couple of particularly short friends, and people treat them like poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

christ no need to be so short about it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cumslut1895 posted:

I'm 5'11, but I find height bullshit annoying. I have a couple of particularly short friends, and people treat them like poo poo

They bring it on themselves.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

christ no need to be so short about it

some people get really gypped on height.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

They bring it on themselves.

That's a great way to justify bigotry (big lol)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cumslut1895 posted:

That's a great way to justify bigotry (big lol)

I saw that

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What do you tell a short person who had their leg amputated?

You need to grow a foot.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6I2NrguAs

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Sex Cop posted:

tl;dr hive of doxxing racists goes down amid a flurry of doxxing and racism, hilarity ensues.

this is all lowtax's fault somehow

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

For them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Mighty Mouse owns

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

World
Star

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Rule #1 of fire: there's always more fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6tGZx8uvlY

The thing that always gets me about these compilations is the people literally setting themselves on fire then being surprised when they're on fire. What the hell did you think was gonna happen? :psyduck:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

RillAkBea posted:

The thing that always gets me about these compilations is the people literally setting themselves on fire then being surprised when they're on fire. What the hell did you think was gonna happen? :psyduck:

It really is baffling.

This part is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6tGZx8uvlY&t=128s

For several years, I owned the domain flaminganus.com. I wish I still did. I would put up a loop of the part where the dude bends over, and it looks like his rear end in a top hat is a mouth opening on the fires of hell.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Jun 13, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

I would like to know what is in the water bottle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And of course, remember rule #1 of fire. There's one more video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OdaNYdlirk

Honestly, what makes most of these so dangerous is the abuse of flammable liquid like lighter fluid. Flaming gases or solids (like wood and charcoal) won't stick to you and keep burning, or spray flaming globules everywhere.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Jun 13, 2016

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbtL7darPV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndo4LkPND8

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

And of course, remember rule #1 of fire. There's one more video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OdaNYdlirk

Honestly, what makes most of these so dangerous is the abuse of flammable liquid like lighter fluid. Flaming gases or solids (like wood and charcoal) won't stick to you and keep burning, or spray flaming globules everywhere.

Some of them I get, like oK fire breathing, or a firework mishap.

But dousing yourself in gasoline and just setting yourself on fire, WHAT??

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Cumslut1895 posted:

That's like black man syndrome, right?

Leave Jon Pop out of this.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bushmaori posted:

Leave Jon Pop out of this.

I still think he was molested or something

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jastiger posted:

Some of them I get, like oK fire breathing, or a firework mishap.

But dousing yourself in gasoline and just setting yourself on fire, WHAT??

There was this thing going around last year of teens and twenty-somethings dousing themselves in acetone and lighting it on fire. I think the whole shtick was that it would "burn on you without burning you", being painful but not actually causing real injury, so it was another bro thing for young guys to do to themselves to prove how manly they were. A video I saw of some hipsters discussing it had one of them say "Of all the things you're told not to do growing up, 'don't set yourself on fire' is usually at the top of the list."

In general, "challenges" like that have long been stupid and painful. I think that for stuff like the cinammon challenge, nobody's ever meant to complete them and you're just supposed to embarrass and hurt yourself in front of your friends.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

There was this thing going around last year of teens and twenty-somethings dousing themselves in acetone and lighting it on fire. I think the whole shtick was that it would "burn on you without burning you", being painful but not actually causing real injury, so it was another bro thing for young guys to do to themselves to prove how manly they were. A video I saw of some hipsters discussing it had one of them say "Of all the things you're told not to do growing up, 'don't set yourself on fire' is usually at the top of the list."

In general, "challenges" like that have long been stupid and painful. I think that for stuff like the cinammon challenge, nobody's ever meant to complete them and you're just supposed to embarrass and hurt yourself in front of your friends.

The cinnamon challenge used to be a joke dads played on their kids. Adults then decided to do it on camera, and for posterity, knowing full well what the results would be because internet.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jamfrost posted:

I would like to know what is in the water bottle.

Probably a pit bull

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cumslut1895 posted:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Of all my female friends and relatives, I've never heard of any of them describing a guy under 6' as "too short." Is that actually a real thing, or something guys who are under 5'5"/can't get laid perpetuate?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Das Boo posted:

Of all my female friends and relatives, I've never heard of any of them describing a guy under 6' as "too short." Is that actually a real thing, or something guys who are under 5'5"/can't get laid perpetuate?

Mostly the latter. Go browse /r/short on Reddit sometime.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Das Boo posted:

It's true, but the same kind of people who would turn you down for not being tall enough are the same kind of people who would turn you down for any arbitrary bullshit. Never really had issues getting dates, but growing up as a short kid is pretty awful.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Heightism is a thing, for instance executives and other highly-paid professions tend to be slightly taller than average. Conversely, there is a slight tendency for people in lower-paid positions to be slightly shorter than average. It's worse for men than for women.

But it's nowhere near as bad as some people would have you believe.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

KozmoNaut posted:

Heightism is a thing, for instance executives and other highly-paid professions tend to be slightly taller than average. Conversely, there is a slight tendency for people in lower-paid positions to be slightly shorter than average. It's worse for men than for women.

But it's nowhere near as bad as some people would have you believe.

it also effects court judgement, loans from banks etc. I think it comes down to less perceived confidence

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
as least a lot of short goons are also pretty wide. i remember that being a really important thing when it comes to body parts in e/n

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I always just assumed that less height = worse diet = lower class, which would possibly explain the lack of professions of shorter size. And the way judges treat the lower classes needs little further explanation.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Did u know that men are actually shorter on the moon because their is less gravity there?
sorry, Ken M on the brain

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Did u know that men are actually shorter on the moon because their is less gravity there?

GOOD point.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Astronauts are taller on the Moon due to less spinal compression.

#lifehack

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

Astronauts are taller on the Moon due to less spinal compression.

But the tape measures are also less compressed so they turn out shorter in the end anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

chitoryu12 posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'd continue being friends with someone that deliberately lit me on fire when I wasn't paying attention. Nor would I associate with the crowd of people that watched and filmed instead of alerting me or helping me once I'm ablaze.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't think I'd continue being friends with someone that lit me on fire when I was paying attention, either.

Pope Corky the IX has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Jun 13, 2016