Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Goetta posted:

Did they even say in the post race stuff why Alonso was moaning about not retiring? Did they turn his engine way down after the other one blew up?

Apparently he actually wanted to pit for new tires so he could drive at the limit and have fun, not retire the car. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

aequalis posted:

Champion! Thanks

It's Croft and Ted that I've lost patience with. They just spend every race seeing who can make the other one last longer in a wanking session.

Yea this as well, that and Brundle's raging hard on for Lewis makes them all a bit poo poo really. I might switch to C4 to get old Coulthard back. I could stomach him.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Are Lewis is the most successful British racing driver of all time. Of course they should be sucking him off at every opportunity.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
That whole Vettel and the seagulls things was brilliant, it's a shame his burgeoning personality has coincided with him going a bit crap. Like, I know any long-term champion hits that stage where they accept they're no longer on top and end up just relaxing and enjoying everything, but he's still (almost) competing at the pointy end. He has to sour up to start winning again, sports psychology 101, I should write a book

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Never thought I would wish for James Allen to come back. That was horrendous.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Watching the race and got to the part where Rosberg was all, "THE WHEEL IS DOING WEIRD THINGS!" Sad when the car is smarter than the driver.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I like Lewis and Seb together.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've just finished watching the race and my critical expert analysis shows that Rosberg is the biggest fraud on the grid, Lewis is an annoying cringeworthy twat that will win the WDC and this sport is poo poo.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Rosberg is a joke.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Minto Took posted:

Watching the race and got to the part where Rosberg was all, "THE WHEEL IS DOING WEIRD THINGS!" Sad when the car is smarter than the driver.

Cars have been smarter than the drivers for about 30 years

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Volkerball posted:

the funniest part of the interview was the long discussion about whether or not he used a swear word, and if apologies to the audience were necessary. and if they were, who should be the apologizer.

What the hell was the swear? I missed it the firs time so I went back and listened again and heard nothing? I must be immune to swear words.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

nsaP posted:

What the hell was the swear? I missed it the firs time so I went back and listened again and heard nothing? I must be immune to swear words.

i didn't hear it either.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The only swear I heard was when Kimi was lapping one of the manors and he said over the radio "get that loving manor out of the way" or something like that

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The only saying I noticed was 'a bit pear shaped' but if that is a curse than Brundle has a potty mouth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad we finally know who the worst driver in F1 history to have won eight GPs in a row is.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nigel Mansell?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just watched a replay of fraudsberg going off after being out raced by a child in a slower car. Still funny as hell.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yet his car was so good that he was still fine and continued without losing position. German engineering is amazing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"pissed off" is a swear.

It was some amazing heel work by Ted that race, annoying to the point of punchable all though the build up,, and then and then the pay off at the end with been thrown at Arrivabene to be eaten alive on live TV was cracking.

e: for those furreners who didn't get to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXKrcBHL7hM

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 13, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The most baffling thing about the reddit F1 (I know, I shouldn't read it - they occasionally have good clips/bits of content to share though) is how "fluffy" they are. In the thread about Rosberg frauding it up and spinning the car, it's full of people going "Wow! Great effort by Rosberg! That was brave and he was on the edge! respect for trying!".

What?

He was in a car that could breeze past the Redbull (see Ricciardo) and he failed twice to get past, then became the only driver I've seen in years that completed an overtaking move and then span the car in a technically unforced error. What about that manoeuvre could be considered good?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reddit's problem in general is that it has no sense of humour Reddit F1's problem is that it's full of 14 year olds who only watch the race via the gifs that are posted there and have never actually watched a full race. Avoid Reddit.

I've not seen that fluffy jumpered oval office's reaction to the race anywhere yet. :\ Surely one of his bosses have pulled him aside and told him that telling a bunch of Italian drama queens that they HAVE to win races has traditionally not gone well for all concerned.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Reddit just hasn't been exposed to the lovely creatures that inhabit The Worst Thread. Love you all.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dougal in commentary box more please. I liked that it wasn't just two people agreeing about everything all the time ever.

Put The Fraud in a force India, call the team Force NicoBerg, they always seem to be battling for position with each other in each race, put em in the same car and let's see, I say

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

simplefish posted:

Dougal in commentary box more please. I liked that it wasn't just two people agreeing about everything all the time ever.

Put The Fraud in a force India, call the team Force NicoBerg, they always seem to be battling for position with each other in each race, put em in the same car and let's see, I say

Yeah I thought he was okay. It took me a while to work out why he kept fellating Williams all the time though :ughh:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NtotheTC posted:

The most baffling thing about the reddit F1 (I know, I shouldn't read it - they occasionally have good clips/bits of content to share though) is how "fluffy" they are. In the thread about Rosberg frauding it up and spinning the car, it's full of people going "Wow! Great effort by Rosberg! That was brave and he was on the edge! respect for trying!".

What?

He was in a car that could breeze past the Redbull (see Ricciardo) and he failed twice to get past, then became the only driver I've seen in years that completed an overtaking move and then span the car in a technically unforced error. What about that manoeuvre could be considered good?

I think that overtake never would have stuck anyway.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Max was doing a good job of keeping Nico behind him, but yeah that spin looked unnecessary IMO.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lou Takki posted:

Max was doing a good job of keeping Nico behind him, but yeah that spin looked unnecessary IMO.

Max does seem to be a really solid defensive driver, no matter what you think of him. :frog:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It angers me to no end that Minimum Vercrappen seems to be quite a good driver. I wanna hate that ugly little turd so much.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Max Verstappen is my favorite driver now.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I want to hate him too, only because he is young and successful though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's bad and a fraud. Time will prove me right on this.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

He's bad and a fraud. Time will prove me right on this.

I don't see why you're so confident in that, it's really too early to tell wouldn't you say?

Chances are you're right though.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

As of right now Max is on a par with Pastor Maldonado in terms of F1 success.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lou Takki posted:

I want to hate him too, only because he is young and successful though.

I hate him because he is so attractive

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Can you imagine how many fine Montreal women he had in his trailer that weekend?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Goetta posted:

I hate him because he is so attractive

Wait, who are we talking about? Frogboy? Lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Verstappen voted driver of the day, Rosberg status; broken.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

In a few years we will all love Max.

As we all love Sebastian today.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Toto knows.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horner-hits-back-at-wolff-over-verstappen-comments-781930/

Interesting to know that he regards Are Lance:canada: very highly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

When was the last time a 3 stop beat a 2 stop? It's odd to me that the mercs keep getting the tire strategy right and everyone else keeps getting it wrong.

• Locked thread