Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Paint-chipped from years of post-pup piss too. You can see the dick-height stains!

Who the gently caress leans against the base of any wall along an english high street?

Who puts their hands in their mouth after touching said wall?

Oh Chris does.

Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cojawfee posted:

Are you allowed to just drink in the street in the UK?

Nah, but it's not like police are out in force on every street in every city at all times so you'd get away with it if you so desired. I mean you're not supposed to drink in public parks either but when the sun comes out it's piss up central in parks across the country.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Man can't even drink in the gutter correctly. Glass of white wine, what the gently caress is that? Do they have Thunderbird in the UK?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

trouser chili posted:

Man can't even drink in the gutter correctly. Glass of white wine, what the gently caress is that? Do they have Thunderbird in the UK?

In a better world there would be a patriotic British gutter wine called Mad Bulldogge 20/20 :britain:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

trouser chili posted:

If there isn't, I'm sure his best friend seasick Steve can get him a case. He wrote a song about it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
That's planted as gently caress lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So yeah, late for E1 reactions, but you know what Evans running around whooping and screaming and gesticulating at his cohosts and the audience reminded me of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WW2JWIv6G8

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Cojawfee posted:

Are you allowed to just drink in the street in the UK?

Most places you can't, in some you legally can but the police might take an interest if you're obviously pissed. The only place near me where it's legal is Edinburgh and you generally only see people doing it during the Festival, and even then not that much.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Data Graham posted:

So yeah, late for E1 reactions, but you know what Evans running around whooping and screaming and gesticulating at his cohosts and the audience reminded me of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WW2JWIv6G8
Ballmer is a national treasure. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B915xDoCaY

EXCEPT IN NEBRASKA

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The episode seemed less shouty which was nice, but just never really got to be that interesting. I don't know why, the challenges seemed like they usually would have shown more film for the same ones. And the SIARPC segment with the various people looking like they are reading questions / answers off a teleprompter just is utter poo poo.

Ika fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 9, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why doesn't the Stig listen to music anymore?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I assume you're watching outside the UK because it's still a thing.

...but now I've just checked and in the McLaren, no music. dafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuq

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 10, 2016

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Because that is fun and nue top gear is super serious dontyaknow?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Someone is dumping a load of unseen TG footage onto Youtube (from Good Top Gear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtP1oEmT-M

It basically looks like the contents of the video editing suite hard drive: lot of crap, but some fun bits in there and worth panning for gold.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

spog posted:

Someone is dumping a load of unseen TG footage onto Youtube (from Good Top Gear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtP1oEmT-M

It basically looks like the contents of the video editing suite hard drive: lot of crap, but some fun bits in there and worth panning for gold.

Going by the titles, I think alot of that is on the DVDs as extras.

E: There is a playlist of unseen footage here, some of it is indeed new:

Ika fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 10, 2016

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015

trouser chili posted:

Do they have Thunderbird in the UK?

Let me tell you about special brew...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

inkjet_lakes posted:

Let me tell you about tramp fuel...

Adjusted that for accuracy.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ika posted:

Going by the titles, I think alot of that is on the DVDs as extras.

E: There is a playlist of unseen footage here, some of it is indeed new:

I've not seen most of these before so either I don't watch enough deleted scenes or it's all quite new. That being said, here's an outtake and what amounts to an outtake involving a blown tire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-nvW_0mQOc

Edit: Here's another one where they're literally taking the piss out of each other and goddamn I don't think Evans of all of them would be able to handle that sort of ribbing ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq7QPr5S9Uo

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 11, 2016

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Xelkelvos posted:

I've not seen most of these before so either I don't watch enough deleted scenes or it's all quite new. That being said, here's an outtake and what amounts to an outtake involving a blown tire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-nvW_0mQOc

Edit: Here's another one where they're literally taking the piss out of each other and goddamn I don't think Evans of all of them would be able to handle that sort of ribbing ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq7QPr5S9Uo

All the outtakes involving the specials are on the DVDs (Which is probably why they have the best editing of all those clips). A few of the challenge clips are edited into the DVD version of the challenges, but many of those are new, and the studio stuff is also new.

There is one with Hammond just shooting the maurader with lots of different guns. He looks waaaay to comfortable doing that.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Well, he is a secret American after all.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Just got around to watching this week's Top Gear USA episode and I gotta say, it was one of their best episodes yet. Really captured the 'ambitious but rubbish' spirit. Central challenge was finding a replacement vehicle for the US Postal Service with Rut using a Honda Element, Adam using a Lincoln hearse, and Tanner using a Mitsu 3000GT VR4 with a matching trailer. The 'Tanner drives a fast car' segment was him in a new Mustang GT350 racing against a bicycle courier; visually was really good but the sound mixing had Tanner praising the engine noise louder than the engine itself

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015
Sabine just made Evans puke, so far so good this week.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

inkjet_lakes posted:

Sabine just made Evans puke, so far so good this week.
Turnabout's fair play.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Great episode. If you say otherwise you're just being a bit of a contrary twat.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I think I have decided that my biggest problem with CE is his instance on wearing pixie boots.

Funny how the B-Team are much better presenters that the A-listers.

EDIT: If they only TGE, I'd be happy with it. The two baldies are the best out of all of them and, to my mind, only Rory has the potential to be in the same league as Clarkson et al.

spog fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 12, 2016

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

88h88 posted:

Nah, but it's not like police are out in force on every street in every city at all times so you'd get away with it if you so desired. I mean you're not supposed to drink in public parks either but when the sun comes out it's piss up central in parks across the country.

At first when I read this I was like "when the sun comes out? Goddamn, people start drinking at parks in the morning across the pond?"

Then I realized this is the UK we're talking about, so this probably only happens a few times a year.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That episode was fantastic. That's what I wanted I to see. Chris Harris and Rory geeking out on cars with a Top Gear budget and Matt doing crazy things.

I think the only way it could have been better was if they had just skipped the boring film on the R8 and left the Laguna Seca laps in.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

Great episode. If you say otherwise you're just being a bit of a contrary twat.
If both TG and EG can carry on as they did this week, things will be just fine.

The stars segment is still meh, but I've given up on the idea of that being "fixed".

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Star in a mini cooper is still a bad segment.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Not convinced that the joke about gun control should have been left in tonight.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Good Extra Gear bit with Zoe, almost felt like the old SIARPC interview segments.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
no F12tdf power lap :(

Episode was quite an improvement over the first two

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I literally laughed out loud when Kevin Hart walked in just from the juxtaposition with the guy next to him. I really wish he had shared the stage with Hammond, Clarkson could have made at least five solid minutes out of height jokes.

edit: Dammit, as if I didn't already want the Focus RS really badly.

edit2: They've had the Model X eh? This will be interesting.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 13, 2016

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

spog posted:

I think I have decided that my biggest problem with CE is his instance on wearing pixie boots.

Funny how the B-Team are much better presenters that the A-listers.

EDIT: If they only TGE, I'd be happy with it. The two baldies are the best out of all of them and, to my mind, only Rory has the potential to be in the same league as Clarkson et al.
I really liked Rory's Focus/hot hatch segment.

Good that they actually found time for all 5 presenters to present while dedicating 20min to the SIARPC

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The SIAC would have been as boring as usual but Kevin Hart is loving hilarious.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, did Top Gear finally borrow a bit from Top Gear US with Sabine racing the driver's aids? Tanner did the same thing in a Corvette a couple years back.

Putting the photoshopped pictures of the celebrities in front of their car is just one of a litany crimes against the segment,

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

wolrah posted:

edit2: They've had the Model X eh? This will be interesting.

That's so Musk's gently caress you to the other guys.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Parts of that F12tdf segment were beautifully shot and I like what Chris Harris does when in a supercar, even as a non-driver myself. I hope he lasts through to a second season as parts of the mess of season 1 inevitably shatter and fall away.

I tried to skip past all of the celebrity interview/cheering contest/dirtlap segment and was amazed at how much of the show's runtime I had to click past in VLC. I think I have a pretty good idea of what the BBC wants to turn this show into. I bet they didn't want to keep the expensive LeBlanc long term and instead use him for a season and a half set the tone of a show about celebrities that takes place inside the copse of old TG. Much, much cheaper to produce as the visiting celebs gobble airtime that reduces filming requirements and they will be on the press tour circuit for upcoming work and only need to be paid in dressing room rider requirements.

You'll see Evans shouting about Khloe Kardashian's first mercedes in fours years time. He's not going anywhere. Because a show about stars is the best bet to survive intense and better-funded competition from The Grand Tour. BBC does not want to fight a contest of supercars in exotic locations.

Harris will probably be in the first round of cuts then. Shame.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sbaldrick posted:

That's so Musk's gently caress you to the other guys.

Given the history between the show and Tesla I can't imagine this is going to be a middle-of-the-road review. It's either going to be clearly neutered or pulling no punches. Here's hoping for the latter. It's a great vehicle, but there are definitely flaws that a proper Top Gear review will nail them on.