Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

I hated aryas storyline since she left the Hound but cutting the candle was a clever move and they didn't beat the audience over the head to explain it. The being fine after stab wounds is still dumb but that part was good so it was only a 99% dumb plot.

they shoulda just had her run down an alley or two while bleeding into her little hiding place. it was so loving dumb having it go on for like 10 minutes we coulda fit another better scene in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

WampaLord posted:

We just saw where theories get you with Arya. He's dead, the show isn't clever enough to fake anything anymore.

Yeah, there's nothing going on beneath the surface. We're just racing to hit plot beats on a checklist, with 10 minute joke scenes as punctuation.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

She should have either killed Jaquen or left the face there and that's it. Instead she proclaims shes going home to the thousands of years old assassins cult and they're just like "i get you *wink*"

gently caress this is stupid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Roman Reigns posted:

She should have either killed Jaquen or left the face there and that's it. Instead she proclaims shes going home to the thousands of years old assassins cult and they're just like "i get you *wink*"

gently caress this is stupid.

i figured he'd find the face and then it'd cut to credits since that'd actually be good editing but of course not.

it's also great that one of the boringest plots was for nothing.

Toilet Mouth posted:

Everything except the Arya stuff was good, this season is good. I liked how chill this episode was- Bronn and Pod broing out, Tyrion chilling w/Missandei and Grey Worm, Jamie settling everything bloodlessly by pretending to be a badass, hell even the Hound is making new friends. Good episode.

edmure and jaime scene was pretty good but how the siege was resolved was stupid as hell.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everything except the Arya stuff was good, this season is good. I liked how chill this episode was- Bronn and Pod broing out, Tyrion chilling w/Missandei and Grey Worm, Jamie settling everything bloodlessly by pretending to be a badass, hell even the Hound is making new friends. Good episode.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So uh what was the point of Arya getting found by Lady Crane only for the episode to end in literally the exact same scenario from last week: Arya is injured and bleeding and running from the Waif?

i guess they realized nobody had died in a while and had to meet their quota

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

i figured he'd find the face and then it'd cut to credits since that'd actually be good editing but of course not.

it's also great that one of the boringest plots was for nothing.

edmure and jaime scene was pretty good but how the siege was resolved was stupid as hell.

Isn't it more or less exactly what happened in the books (sans Blackfish dying)?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh God, the wall of corpses spoiler is true isn't it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
WTF did I just watch.

Saying it was terrible is an understatement. Not even fanfictions are this bad, HELL, at least in fanfictions we would've seen Arya vs Waif or Blackfish's Last Stand or Drogon swooping in and burning the ships before dropping Dany and sailing off into the distance (my guess is it will be absent for most of the Mereen fight together with the other 2 dragons because CGI).

Podrick: "It looks like a siege"
Me. "No it looks like cheap rear end CGI WTF happened with the budget??"
Bronn: "Lol dick jokes"

Varys being shipped to Westeros to kill Kevan...because. (?????????) WTF is even going on, they are not subtle, nor are they making sense at all.

Bad pussy was bad but at least it was a single sentence. Today we got Tyrion's drinking and joking conversation...for the 2nd time! Because obviously we couldn't get enough of that. The only positive thing that might come out of this is that it will create enough of a backlash with the audience for Tyrion to be ok to be killed.

Motherfucking T-1000 Waif. Good loving job being a stealthy assassin you moron! She literally jumped off a roof into 2 people causing enough of a ruckus for Arya to notice her. Where are your poisonous insta-death darts now?

I think if I had to summarize this whole episode in 3 words, it would be:

I MISS DORNE.

There, happy now D&D? You made that trainwreck you wrote last season look like a masterpiece when compared with this episode.

/meltdown

Toilet Mouth posted:

You are trying to trigger people in this topic. I don't buy anyone liking this episode.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 13, 2016

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I freely admit to being a fool when I assumed Arya acting like an out of character idiot wandering around in broad daylight without a disguise or her sword was a sign of a deeper fake out with the plot. And assuming that repeatedly stabbing someone in the abdomen with a long knife might do some damage that a bandage couldn't cure. The far simpler explanation turned out to be right: this show is just bad.

But we're in too deep, we can't quit now!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

Me. "No it looks like cheap rear end CGI WTF happened with the budget??"

Hey all that fruit on those stairs don't come cheap

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

grown man roose bolton stabbed once in the stomach dies immediately. 10 year old girl made into swiss cheese gets stitched up by an actress. they shoulda had the nads to kill her off.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh God, the wall of corpses spoiler is true isn't it

Ever since the Hold the Door spoiler turned out to be true, pretty much everything from the spoilers from the beginning of the season have been correct.

So yes, we're getting the wall of corpses.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This season has been poo poo holy lol

If the show had graph it would go and to the right with season 1 -4 plateu with 5 and take a massive nose dive with 6.

Words can not describe how terrible it is hahaha

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Groovelord Neato posted:

grown man roose bolton stabbed once in the stomach dies immediately. 10 year old girl made into swiss cheese gets stitched up by an actress. they shoulda had the nads to kill her off.

Ramsay just knows how to stab a dude better than a trained assassin

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

If the show had graph it would go and to the right with season 1 -4 plateu with 5 and take a massive nose dive with 6.

5 was way worse than 6 has been even with that episode.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

WampaLord posted:

We just saw where theories get you with Arya. He's dead, the show isn't clever enough to fake anything anymore.

But it's so... poo poo.

Next episode looks like it'll probably be good though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ramsay better loving die i swear to the old gods and the new.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Subvisual Haze posted:

I freely admit to being a fool when I assumed Arya acting like an out of character idiot wandering around in broad daylight without a disguise or her sword was a sign of a deeper fake out with the plot. And assuming that repeatedly stabbing someone in the abdomen with a long knife might do some damage that a bandage couldn't cure. The far simpler explanation turned out to be right: this show is just bad.

But we're in too deep, we can't quit now!

lol at people coming up with the Tyler "Arya" Durden theory and poo poo

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
Some quality shark jumping going on with this series.

It's almost as if there isn't more book material to lazily work into a screenplay

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Max posted:

Ever since the Hold the Door spoiler turned out to be true, pretty much everything from the spoilers from the beginning of the season have been correct.

Looking forward to Littlefinger leading the cavalry to win the battle at the last moment, like Stannis leading the cavalry to win the battle at the Wall and Tywin at King's Landing.

Let's not stray from the pattern and make things unnecessarily complicated

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I enjoyed how the show is starting to pick up GRRM's habbit of characters repeating certain phrases to themselves.

There was Jaime's "Things I do for love" call back.

The Hound's "chicken" call back.

And the honeycomb and an rear end callback from Tyrion, though we're never going to hear the end of that story, probably.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

D&D did some God-tier trolling in the past couple of weeks setting up Lady Stoneheart then having good 'ol Beric amble out instead.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Yeah this episode sucked. Jaime/Edmure was a good scene for Edmure, Hound owned, Arya and Meereen scenes have been a complete waste of time. Season is still much better than season 5 was though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Max posted:

Remind me what this is?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Max posted:

I enjoyed how the show is starting to pick up GRRM's habbit of characters repeating certain phrases to themselves.

There was Jaime's "Things I do for love" call back.

The Hound's "chicken" call back.

And the honeycomb and an rear end callback from Tyrion, though we're never going to hear the end of that story, probably.

As somebody else pointed out, we even got a callback to "The Faith and the Crown are the 2 pillars"...that we heard last episode...and two episode's before that.

Do D&D or Dave Hill feel really proud at how they wrote that metaphor?

ALSO HELLO VALONQAR PROPHECY! We included you for 30 seconds of season 5's premiere and are never gonna bring you up again. Now that Blackfish and Dondarrion are back, there is plenty of room on the Boat of Dropped plots, together with Dorne (and I'm calling the Iron Islands boarding that boat next season).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Max posted:

lmfao I just realized this means Ramsay's being caught alive too and I can't tell which I'm dreading watching/looking forward to the livepost reaction of more

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Nail Rat posted:

I hated aryas storyline since she left the Hound but cutting the candle was a clever move and they didn't beat the audience over the head to explain it. The being fine after stab wounds is still dumb but that part was good so it was only a 99% dumb plot.

There was a lot of gratuitous violence (Crane being impaled on a stool) and I would have been fine to see the Waif get on-screen murdered.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I just don't understand why they didn't just have Arya bait the waif in the last episode. The cliffhanger and the lady crane death just seemed useless

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

So the last two seasons of Arya's story could have summed up in a Daredevil training montage.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Toilet Mouth posted:

D&D did some God-tier trolling in the past couple of weeks setting up Lady Stoneheart then having good 'ol Beric amble out instead.

The best part is they managed to keep Thoros' return a secret until a few weeks ago when it slipped out. There was nothing about Beric's actor.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Adun posted:

I just don't understand why they didn't just have Arya bait the waif in the last episode. The cliffhanger and the lady crane death just seemed useless

They have no more source material to copy off of so they need to pad out the episodes as much as possible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Season's been good, but that episode was a huge turd. The scene with Tyrion trying to have fun with the two robot slaves was excruciating.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Adun posted:

Well we wouldn't have that compelling chase scene this episode would we?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Season's been good, but that episode was a huge turd. The scene with Tyrion trying to have fun with the two robot slaves was excruciating.

I liked it, it's a breath of fresh air anytime anyone in Essos cracks a smile.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

They have no more source material to copy off of so they need to pad out the episodes as much as possible.

Yeah I'm assuming the whole of GRRM's remaining material is a one page bulleted list of plot things to accomplish.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
At least we won't have Theon, Varys and Grey Worm in the same scene as Tyrion makes a "HA HA you all don't have cocks" joke.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

5 was way worse than 6 has been even with that episode.

Agree. As bad as this season can be, I feel like at least some plots are moving, poorly but at least they are moving. Season 5 was like the show giving GRRM some time to finish the books.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

radlum posted:

Agree. As bad as this season can be, I feel like at least some plots are moving, poorly but at least they are moving. Season 5 was like the show giving GRRM some time to finish the books.

This raises the question of what is considered better:

A chicken standing doing nothing

OR

A headless chicken aimlessly running and spilling blood all over the place making a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In 6 years this was the first time I hosed around on my cell phone while watching GoT.

Fuggin' snooooooze except for a few choice highlights that I really did enjoy:

1. Mountain being the Mountain
2. Hound being the Hound
3. Edmure was great

LOL that Ramsay is WORSE THAN THE NIGHT's KING

EDIT: Arya didn't need to get stabbed in the gut, you know? Like, they introduced this plot point (gut shot) and then just ignored it immediately.

Why not just have her get attacked but escape? The belly slash didn't do anything except get her to sleep for 24 hours, which also served no purpose.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 13, 2016

• Locked thread