Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Bunny's Thresh is always a treat to watch

I don't remember seeing a Thresh yet this split

yeah that was something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Playoffs should be really good this year with all the teams getting Best Of experience. I like TSM & IMT for 2 of the spots right now. CLG might not go to worlds after performing so good at MSI :regd09:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blah_blah posted:

Darshan is actually not very good either. They invest a ton of resources into him and he hard carries once in a while but he has no map awareness, makes tons of bad decisions, and has a bad habit of relentlessly feeding when behind.

best na top laner tho

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I like Darshan, but he's not the best. He still doesn't team fight well. I think Hauntzer or Impact are probably the best.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Asema posted:

best na top laner tho

I'm not convinced he's even an above average toplaner in NA right now. Even the mediocre ones know how to not feed when behind.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Playoffs should be really good this year with all the teams getting Best Of experience. I like TSM & IMT for 2 of the spots right now. CLG might not go to worlds after performing so good at MSI :regd09:

Having a coachable team with good synergy is a great idea in theory but I guess if you don't stay on curve that having dudes like Huhi and Stixxay is exactly the kind of handicap you'd expect.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadow225 posted:

I like Darshan, but he's not the best. He still doesn't team fight well. I think Hauntzer or Impact are probably the best.

excuse me but the man himself said he was the best??????????????

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Catching up with a couple series I missed, man...I wish Afreeca Freecs was better because their games are hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7LfBNp9QU&t=905s

8 people dying at the 7 minute mark over a red buff is extremely my poo poo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Finally caught up on nalcs

Really enjoying both nrg and NV right now. Ohq is really good.

Darshan looks like he forgot how to play league of Legends.

Bunny should just be c9s new support, that thread game was amazing.

C9 as a whole aren't looking too bad. I'm really happy to see incarnation winning mid, we need more people who can poo poo on huhi and pobelter

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Having a coachable team with good synergy is a great idea in theory but I guess if you don't stay on curve that having dudes like Huhi and Stixxay is exactly the kind of handicap you'd expect.

Stixx has proved himself. Huhi's been having trouble. Doesn't help that Zion hasn't been able to play his "split for eternity then win!" strat he favors.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

One decent performance at one tournament isn't proving yourself.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Stixxay isn't the problem with clg

Gaze into their midlane

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

One decent performance at one tournament isn't proving yourself.

Nor is an entire split for you... or a second tournament.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

rabidsquid posted:

It worked for two splits and a tournament pretty well but most of NA and the rest of the world was a dumpster fire as far as teamwork and support staff (I think CLG's support staff were a huge factor in their success) went.

Now that NA has several teams who seem to have similar synergy and coaching and have mechanically better players (particularly in Mid) I don't think it can keep working for them. If Huhi doesn't unlock his inner potential by playoffs I expect to see him step down after the season. It is Counter Logic Gaming though so who loving knows.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Huhi is real bad. Like, there is no fixing Huhi.

Stixxay can carry, and is not bad. Even Xsmithie is somehow not terrible anymore. Honestly if they get rid of Huhi, CLG has a real shot at being a great team instead of a mediocre team that managed to win two splits because everyone else was making GBS threads the bed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Huhi has no positives. He bad at laning and he's bad at teamfighting (BUT HE WORKS SO HARD) so CLG have nobody to blame but themselves. I have no idea how CLG made it so far at MSI except other teams not working very hard.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Fair weather fans turning on the champs. sad really.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
drat all the teams went and became bad at exactly the time they played clg... Oh well what can you do.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They'll be good again after a couple weeks of practice

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So apparently SKT perfect gamed MVP in 22 minutes while having a 20k gold lead. That should be a fun game to watch. :v:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Smol posted:

So apparently SKT perfect gamed MVP in 22 minutes while having a 20k gold lead. That should be a fun game to watch. :v:

I enjoy watching stomps that aren't the result of players tilting.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I know Darshan is supposedly pretty good but it definitely seems like he's been having a bad time lately.

Also pretty disappointed in Pobelter after losing so badly when he got the counterpick, what's up with that?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Darshan is bad and Huhu is bad and they always were bad. Aphro and Stixxay will turn the ship around in time to get them to playoffs and from then on its everyone's game

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Now that I'm allowed to post again I have some thoughts from yesterday

TSM vs Immortals was good

FOX continue to hurt me, and I don't know why kfo keeps playing fiora when other carry top laners are better

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was busy all day yesterday, I saw TSM/Immortals though and that was a great series. Are any of the other Sunday series worth watching either for sheer excellence or profound comedy?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Do you enjoy clg getting completely trashed on and/or good thresh plays

edit whoops sunday

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 13, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Please do not try and lie to our friend Libertine and make him waste his time watching that CLG/C9 series

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Holy gently caress Bunny and Sneaky took a fat poo poo on Stixxay/Aphro.

Why did they then sub Bunny out for game 2? LOL LIKE WHAT

Fuckin Cloud 9 man

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/competitive-ruling-apx-eve
scripting in normals fuckin lmao

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Please do not try and lie to our friend Libertine and make him waste his time watching that CLG/C9 series

That series was like watching a good matchup between two mid tier NCAA football teams - you're not watching to see the game played at the highest level, you're watching to see one or two players who are just better than their competition style on fools in the middle of a whacky kill fest.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Holy gently caress Bunny and Sneaky took a fat poo poo on Stixxay/Aphro.

Why did they then sub Bunny out for game 2? LOL LIKE WHAT

Fuckin Cloud 9 man

The sub decision makes sense if their plan is to try to get both supports time - when you're up a game in a series it is the best time to try different things, especially if you're convinced your baseline strategy isn't beatable by your opponent.

Incidentally the best time to try new things is also when you're down a game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think this is another season of mid, support, and jungle dominance. Competitive league has mostly settled into a meta where the players on the team, assuming somewhat equal laning skill, we have teams living and dying by their map play and pick ban.

I actually talked to flaxxish last night in his stream a little and he said that he was the only player on his team (NOVA in NACS) who thought irelia was strong. They didn't realize how good she was until someone else in LCS played her. I still have no idea how pro teams, even 2nd and 3rd tier pro teams look at a patch and don't instantly know what is going to be strong and what will be weak.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
flaxxish is a cool dude i hope he fucks na challenger up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

I think this is another season of mid, support, and jungle dominance. Competitive league has mostly settled into a meta where the players on the team, assuming somewhat equal laning skill, we have teams living and dying by their map play and pick ban.

I actually talked to flaxxish last night in his stream a little and he said that he was the only player on his team (NOVA in NACS) who thought irelia was strong. They didn't realize how good she was until someone else in LCS played her. I still have no idea how pro teams, even 2nd and 3rd tier pro teams look at a patch and don't instantly know what is going to be strong and what will be weak.

I will never forget after Elise getting absolutely crushed by nerfs during the offseason, C9 basically first picking her and doing garbage and Meteos having no idea what happened.

Or during the patch(s) that Ahri was absolutely unbelievably busted I think only LMQ picked her and it was exactly once even though she totally dominated.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
People still prioritize lucian

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think that Lucian and Ezreal will always be viable in pro play because a lot of teams simply aren't capable of babysitting a Caitlyn or playing around their ADC.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
forgiven picking corki in week one is another example of incredible blindness to strong meta picks

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah I think his argument was something about mobility but I am pretty sure even Tristana would have been a better pick.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Like soloqueue winrate doesn't always correlate with competitive strength but jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
isn't lucian being picked for the black cleaver/youmu's ghostblade power spike more than laning dominance

• Locked thread