Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SeANMcBAY posted:

That looks awesome. It sucks that Zelda is pretty much going to be the only thing Nintendo is showing but I think the game will turn out great enough that I won't really mind.

Zelda Wii U/NX is not the only think Nintendo is showing at E3.

It is the only thing that will be playable on the floor, but not the only thing they will be showing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/turnaboutadam/status/742100665900601344

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please, the correct term is Linkle

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The size of the pack/amount of stuff being carried is interesting. Hope there isn't any kind of item weight mechanic, though.

What if you play both a boy and a girl Link?!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The size of the pack/amount of stuff being carried is interesting. Hope there isn't any kind of item weight mechanic, though.

I doubt it, it looks like your normal visible sword and shield, plus a quiver and that Mysterious Book.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

Please, the correct term is Linkle

linkle is not female link

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

no it isn't, its link from a different angle

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Restart your wiiu

OK. What are you suggesting I should be seeing?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

no it isn't, its link from a different angle

the Link species displays gender by keeping its hood up or down

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Amppelix posted:

so link has always been a man, then

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

myth busted

https://twitter.com/DartsEnthusiast/status/742112133467537409

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not definitive proof.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's crazy to me that an art asset could be used more than once

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Amppelix posted:

Maybe Link self identifies as a woman and we were wrong to assume Link's pronouns in the first place.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe he's Link 1/2. So for once the water temple is gonna be great.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/HvyB-sE4AGk

Get GameXplained on.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Maybe he's Link 1/2. So for once the water temple is gonna be great.

Impa climbs to the top of Death Mountain, fumbling with a map

"What? This isn't Zora's Fountain at all! Dammit, Link, this is all your fault!"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That promo art got updated.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Girl.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I think I'd welcome it if they changed (truth be told, Zelda is far from my favorite gaming franchise, not to say I dislike it, but I wouldn't put it in my top 10) Link to a girl or made the gender an option, but does anyone think that would hurt or help sales?

……now Kirby on the other hand, if they lay a finger on Kirby……

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

You know it's true.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ometeotl posted:

That promo art got updated.

Now GameXplain has to make another video!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FPzero posted:

Now GameXplain has to make another video!

And they did!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Jonas Albrecht posted:

And they did!

I just looked it up. They've actually made 3 videos on this artwork.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trent posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Trent posted:

zelda

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

No it's male Linkle and Linkle.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have watched TNG on my wiiu and it was p great

Maybe you could not be an rear end in a top hat now and actually be helpful, or no?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FPzero posted:

I just looked it up. They've actually made 3 videos on this artwork.

God Bless

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
That Zelda reveal can't come any sooner, if only to shut people up about girl Link.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rexroom posted:

That Zelda reveal can't come any sooner, if only to shut people up about girl Link.

The main director can walk on out on a brightly lit stage with a megaphone, scream LINK IS A GUY while a giant neon sign in the back flashes that several times and people will still keep at it.

It's already happened with Sheik where some of the guys on the OoT team said "What? Sheik is always a girl!" and people just ignore it because why not. "It's just a couple people on the team saying it not all of them." etc.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 13, 2016

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The main director can walk on out on a brightly lit stage with a megaphone, scream LINK IS A GUY while a giant neon sign in the back flashes that several times and people will still keep at it.

It's already happened with Sheik where some of the guys on the OoT said "What Sheik is always a girl?" and people just ignore it because why not. "It's just a couple people on the team saying it not all of them." etc.

Ngl I want the multiple links leak to be false for the sole reason of recreating the massive "no homo" reaction girls had towards Shiek.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Rexroom posted:

I can't wait until they announce that Link is a robot that has no gender in Zelda Wii U.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Girl.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The new Zelda doesn't have a girl Link. It doesn't have a boy Link. It has THE Link.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If Link is now a girl, the best part of the new game will be Prince Zeldo, the allegedly-magically powerful and wise but really useless young man who is still a prince despite not having a visible parent and being the accepted sovereign of Hyrule. Prince Zeldo spends most of the game hiding from Ganondorf in a church, but is captured immediately after Linkle receives the item that can do Ganondorf in once and for all.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Girl will be the sole interesting element of the awful Ubisoftened horseshit they're about to shovel down our throats.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Girl will be the sole interesting element of the awful Ubisoftened horseshit they're about to shovel down our throats.

I disagree.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

the game is just called girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Trent posted:

I have watched TNG on my wiiu and it was p great

Maybe you could not be an rear end in a top hat now and actually be helpful, or no?

They were kidding about a demo being available. We'll see no gameplay at all 'til Tuesday and the demo is, for now, presumably E3-only.

• Locked thread