Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ElCondemn posted:

Wrong, he has already gone all the way, deployable wheels are a half measure!

Ridiculous, he isn't even halfway there. Bring on the unicycle and pogo stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
to be honest, If I lived in a judgement-free zone I'd probably own a pair of rollerblades

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

ElCondemn posted:

Wrong, he has already gone all the way, deployable wheels are a half measure!

All the way would be removing his feet and grafting on roller blades so the son of a bitch is a goddamned cyborg.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

VagueRant posted:

How do these guys get by without having a modicum of self awareness?

Digital_Prophet_Shingy.jpg

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Money is a pretty good insulator from reality.

This too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

red19fire posted:

Digital_Prophet_Shingy.jpg

This too.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Pron on VHS posted:

to be honest, If I lived in a judgement-free zone I'd probably own a pair of rollerblades

I work for Hooli NYC and have to confess I've ridden our ridiculous office scooters to get between areas more quickly a few times. They aren't that helpful, because at best they let you cover one Manhattan avenue block worth of distance more quickly. They are pretty drat whimsical though.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

As a professional security rear end in a top hat/linux dev, it bums me out that non-it nerds itt are acting like taking your job too seriously is an IT thing.

Its really more of a goon thing as evidenced by that lumberjack guy in the game of thrones thread getting mad about some characters woodworking skills or whatever.

Could be a west coast US thing i guess tho, where im at IT is basically seen as accounting or plumbing or whatever other boring middle class trade.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

IT is basically computer janitors so that makes sense.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IT guys are the road-workers and traffic engineers of computers. Vital for anything to work at all and yet not given any respect.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blockade posted:

As a professional security rear end in a top hat/linux dev, it bums me out that non-it nerds itt are acting like taking your job too seriously is an IT thing.

Its really more of a goon thing as evidenced by that lumberjack guy in the game of thrones thread getting mad about some characters woodworking skills or whatever.

Could be a west coast US thing i guess tho, where im at IT is basically seen as accounting or plumbing or whatever other boring middle class trade.

I'm like 400 posts behind in that thread but that sounds like something I have to read in order to be up on the sick burns.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Great article in the New Yorker re: Silicon Valley. I thought this bit was particularly apt.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-silicon-valley-nails-silicon-valley?mbid=social_twitter

quote:

“Silicon Valley,” a show about computer nerds, has a fan base that is particularly attuned to minutiae, and particularly apt to argue about them on the Internet. If a Post-it, URL, or line of code is legible on the show, it will be screengrabbed and scrutinized.

edit:

Another choice quote:

quote:

And then, while we’re (TJ Miller and Elon Musk) talking, some woman comes up and says ‘Can I have a picture?’ and he (Musk) starts to pose—it was kinda sad, honestly—and instead she hands the camera to him and starts to pose with me. It was, like, Sorry, dude, I know you’re a big deal—and, in his case, he actually is a big deal—but I’m the guy from ‘Yogi Bear 3-D,’ and apparently that’s who she wants a picture with.”

SnatchRabbit fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 12, 2016

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So torrent networks seem to have tonight's episode up before the air time.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Uhh it's obviously the zip file from Gavens computer

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cut the power to the internet!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

White Noise Marine posted:

Uhh it's obviously the zip file from Gavens computer

Nope - genuine episode. Just finished watching it. There's a good cameo tonight. :v:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wanna sum it up for those of us that can't watch it tonight?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Nope - genuine episode. Just finished watching it. There's a good cameo tonight. :v:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wanna sum it up for those of us that can't watch it tonight?

the cameo is emily chang!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Nope. :v:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And a unicorn.

And Jesus I hope you're not talking about Mark loving Pincus.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Richard is a bitchy dick and I hope they take a page from Game of Thrones and they stab him through the throat from behind while he's ranting about some poo poo.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

there's like six cameos tonite, but only one anyone will care about

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

He's talking about Russ.

You here to gently caress?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

And I didn't want to spoil it. :)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat, Laurie. drat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I didn't understand a word Laurie said sooooo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

I didn't understand a word Laurie said sooooo

The gist of it is she wouldn't let Bachmann sell half his share for 5%, and instead offered him $713,000 for all his shares.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Something about the board getting to approve sales of shares, and the board basically being her. So she shot down the $5M deal with Russ and paid Erlich the minimum that he could accept for all of his shares.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
So let's see... Erlich fucks himself by associating himself with Bighead. He further fucks himself by spending Bighead's money, nearly bankrupting himself because of how he set up his partnership. Then he is forced to sell his shares at a pittance because of the hosed-up rules of the corporation. But then he super-fucks himself by writing that article instead of talking about a lovely jacket.

But hey, he's CEO now!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

withak posted:

Something about the board getting to approve sales of shares, and the board basically being her. So she shot down the $5M deal with Russ and paid Erlich the minimum that he could accept for all of his shares.

And Richard now knows that Laurie's fundamentally no different than 'Action Jack.'

I also love how you kept thinking Gavin and Jack were going to end up taking the same private jet to ~J-Hole~, but Judge had to work in that jab at the 0.001%.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

So happy to see Russ... Lmao

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

withak posted:

Russ had written in a provision that the board (Laurie, in effect) had to approve of all transfers of stock.

When Bachman went to see her with a "business proposition", he was seeking approval to sell half of his stock to Russ for 5 million dollars. She vetoed this and any other sale to anyone but herself, then offered Bachman 713k (the exact amount of his debt) for all of his stock.

Basically it was a huge dick move on her part that left Bachman with nothing.

Edit - Except half of Code/Rag, which his insider scoops on his own incompetence has put on the path to being a multi-million $ powerhouse.

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 13, 2016

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo they must have been sitting on that awesome Pied Piper song for so long looking for just the right episode to bust that out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I also love how you kept thinking Gavin and Jack were going to end up taking the same private jet to ~J-Hole~, but Judge had to work in that jab at the 0.001%.

That was awesome. I was missing Action Jack prior to this episode and it was just perfect. "J-Hole"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Richard is a bitchy dick and I hope they take a page from Game of Thrones and they stab him through the throat from behind while he's ranting about some poo poo.

You forgot to RIGBY this.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
After meeting Jack, I'm worried that Gavin might actually end up succeeding in something for once.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha. All of Richard's detractors re-surfaced this episode. No way we're not getting some anti-piper collab between Jack and Gavin with Russ somehow edging in on the action.

Laurie is a loving monster.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I really like the private jets scene, where at no point they think of sharing a plane despite going to the same place for the same period of time and clearly wanting to talk to each other. The "contact me on hooli to play chess while we fly" part was great.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Haha. All of Richard's detractors re-surfaced this episode. No way we're not getting some anti-piper collab between Jack and Gavin with Russ somehow edging in on the action.

Laurie is a loving monster.

Maybe Jack left PP with a copy of the Alpha version of the platform?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

mrmcd posted:

And a unicorn.

And Jesus I hope you're not talking about Mark loving Pincus.

seriously why the gently caress would anyone consider Mark Pincus worth talking to?
He has the usefulness of Bighead and the douche factor of Bachman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Russ Hanneman, how I've missed you :swoon:

• Locked thread