Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is never a good thing with game adaptations of other media (except Witcher for some reason)

Miura wrote it, canonically it takes place between volume 22 and 23 of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It's gonna be real loving weird if they skip The Count's arc but Guts still has his Behilt for some reason. Maybe he'll get it from somewhere else? Or maybe they just won't bring it up at all.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Maybe my brain is broken because I'm excited for an actual anime adaptation of the Black Swordsman arc being less than a month away but I didn't think that last trailer was all that bad? I mean yeah, there were some really bad shots but it didn't seem PS1 QUALITY UNWATCHABLE

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

it would be great if berserk was popular enough to get the enormous budget needed to animate it properly. it is not. this is the best we are ever gonna get.

I'd rather have nothing at all if this is what we get.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Eej posted:

Maybe my brain is broken because I'm excited for an actual anime adaptation of the Black Swordsman arc being less than a month away but I didn't think that last trailer was all that bad? I mean yeah, there were some really bad shots but it didn't seem PS1 QUALITY UNWATCHABLE

I don't think they're really doing the Black Swordsman Arc, maybe 1 episode where they cover it and then the rest is going to be Conviction.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-06-09/berserk-manga-returns-on-june-24-as-monthly-series/.103024

Hiatus ends on 24th and will be monthly for a bit

E: already posted, I didn't see it in the anime talk

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Surprised nobody in the thread's talking about Berserk getting a musou game.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5w1UlJb-ZY

:getin:

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'd prefer not have a tie-in video game advertised with the rape of the main female character, but what do I know. :ughh:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yuck

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I wished they teased us with shots of the Skull Knight or the Berserker Armour instead of that, that would get me so hyped for the game.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

What in the gently caress is going on here?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
That is legitimately one of the most off-putting things I've ever seen. A+ for conjuring a meaningful emotional response I suppose, F for actual marketing.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

This is the most miserable thread, and it's all my fault for having the most abused pop-cultural fixation conceivable.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Tecmo-Koei Quality

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I think it's funny because on the one hand it's their way of saying WE AREN'T CUTTING ANYTHING OUT, but on the other hand having to explain what that scene is to people unfamiliar with the series lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Cutting the eclipse seems like it would be a pretty good idea for a musou game. Spending all that effort on a scene where Guts didn't have a giant sword and helplessly flailed around seems kind of dumb.

Oh well, I'm not really big on that kind of game anyway.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
"Oh, hey, the new Koei Tecmo project is revealed today! I should check and see if it is a Berserk game!"
"Okay, it is! Uh, that's a worrying choice of still. I'm sure it just comes up for a flash, and the trailer will be all about Guts murdering fools."
"..."
"Yes, right, thank you. Gonna be not telling anyone I watched that.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
the depressing thing is that this will likely end up as a better adaptation than the anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

While truly central to Berserk as a whole, a very poor choice to premiere your game with.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Cutting the eclipse seems like it would be a pretty good idea for a musou game. Spending all that effort on a scene where Guts didn't have a giant sword and helplessly flailed around seems kind of dumb.

In the Eclipse scene you sequentially play as each character from the Band of the Falcon against increasingly impossible odds, when you die you take control of another character. It's initially presented as a survival mission but the timer is a lie. Even if you somehow make it to 00:00 it just keeps counting down into negative numbers untill you die. This continues until only Gut's is left, flailing aound with his uselss broken sword. When Gut's finally goes down you take control Skull knight and cut your way through the Apostles to save Gut's and Casca.

Am I asking too much from a Musou game? I am aren't I?

Pensive fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Wow. Well, at least we'll be able to buy her some clothes in one of the various inevitable outfit DLC packs...

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Awesome Welles posted:

I think it's funny because on the one hand it's their way of saying WE AREN'T CUTTING ANYTHING OUT, but on the other hand having to explain what that scene is to people unfamiliar with the series lol

The thing is, what's shown in the trailer is far and away the most edgy material they can use. outside of guts slicing dudes up I seriously doubt that they expect many people to actually want to play through the series' more gratuitous scenes and i know for certain that retailers won't want a game that features poo poo like the troll cave on their shelves. The trailer comes off as trashy and is just fishing for controversy imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not really a trailer though. It's more of a teaser confirming that they're making Berserk Musou, and while I agree there are hundreds and hundreds of better ways to establish there's a Berserk game coming, this also establishes that fact and it has got people talking.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 13, 2016

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you people are extremely negative. this month theres a new chapter, a new game announced, and a new anime about to premier and all any of you do is complain about seeing a cgi breast

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

apropos to nothing posted:

you people are extremely negative. this month theres a new chapter, a new game announced, and a new anime about to premier and all any of you do is complain about seeing a cgi breast

No cgi titty in my ultra violent edgy demon rape manga no sir, seems too edgy for me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pensive posted:

In the Eclipse scene you sequentially play as each character from the Band of the Falcon against increasingly impossible odds, when you die you take control of another character. It's initially presented as a survival mission but the timer is a lie. Even if you somehow make it to 00:00 it just keeps counting down into negative numbers untill you die. This continues until only Gut's is left, flailing aound with his uselss broken sword. When Gut's finally goes down you take control Skull knight and cut your way through the Apostles to save Gut's and Casca.

Am I asking too much from a Musou game? I am aren't I?

Musou games have done making you fight a losing battle before.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
This will be the first time a chapter appears while I'm actually waiting for it. :circlefap:

I wonder if the "one per month" will last past November.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

This will be the first time a chapter appears while I'm actually waiting for it. :circlefap:

I wonder if the "one per month" will last past November.

I'd say we're lucky if it goes past September.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I guess the game maker knows the berserk fan demographic better than I do. That's like the last scene I'd consider appropriate for teasing the game... Can you take control of the tentacles or something in a minigame? It's embarrassing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
So that's how they roped Miura into this.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
My demon rape comic is too problematic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm just sick of the golden age arc in general since is been done already twice by anime, and meanwhile the entire loving rest of the story hasn't ever been covered by anything other than the manga itself.

Well, I guess there was that one dreamcast game?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

While truly central to Berserk as a whole, a very poor choice to premiere your game with.

Yeah agreed. On the one hand, its definitely berserk, and it means they're not censoring the story.

On the other hand, why

Especially because its a Musou game. Its not going to be anything other than Guts killing 1000 soldiers over and over. This isn't the genre for making an RPG about Berserk's darker story, it should just be balls-to-the-wall action because that's all Koei / Omega Force can do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS2 game also covered post Golden Age stuff, of course that never left Japan.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gently caress yes, new Berserk chapters and the Musou game I've always wanted. :woop:

apropos to nothing posted:

I think it's fair to cringe at the developer's decision to have a teaser that is literally nothing but panning over Casca's naked body as she's being molested and is about to be raped.

i want this to be real

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The PS2 game also covered post Golden Age stuff, of course that never left Japan.

It also has a fan translation so if you got a decent computer there's no reason not to try it out (emulation is a tad glitchy, nothing ruinous though). I feel it actually does a solid job of translating Guts' fighting into gameplay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've tried it, didn't get on very well with it, though they must have improved the emulation since then or 'a tad glitchy' is an understatement :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I've tried it, didn't get on very well with it, though they must have improved the emulation since then or 'a tad glitchy' is an understatement :v:

Depends on whether you use software or hardware mode. Hardware mode there's tons of graphical glitches, software the only one is that the health and berserk meter HUD elements don't show up properly.