Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Zenyatta should have a skin where he's a sand mandala and is just a pile of sand on the floor because that's how useful he is and it is also culturally appropriate/non-problematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
nothing really matters tho and we all know you guys don't care about anything so might as well move on

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Zarya's winter costume is actually the best because it's literally Russian Military uniform and you can see many people wearing in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqnKB22pOC0

Rank the skins in order from most to least problematic.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
What I don't understand is why Egypt is all about ancient egyptian religion instead of islam or coptic christianity. Also why is the Collosus of Rhodes rebuilt in Greece?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ItBurns posted:

Zenyatta should have a skin where he's a sand mandala and is just a pile of sand on the floor because that's how useful he is and it is also culturally appropriate/non-problematic.

More like a pile of ashes after he self-immolates.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i hate gamers

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

ItBurns posted:

Rank the skins in order from most to least problematic.

This the best burn you could think of? Because you're not really living up to your forums name right now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna try and convince people to rush Hanamura with 5 D.Vas next time I play. If your first initial push is sucessful enough, you just overwhelm people with D.Va's stupid 6s booster charges.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

3 D.Va offense is pretty drat good if the teams are coordinated. The D.Va's can just zoom in and then the other 3 members on offense can follow up. It probably doesn't work in 6stacks but playing with pubbies it's hard to get people coordinated against a constant onslaught of mechs.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So I just bought the last origin edition at the local game store and my game automatically had all the special edition stuff applied without putting in any
codes or even visiting my battle net profile? I haven't accessed it since Diablo 3 years ago. How does it know?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
As a white male Canadian should I check with someone before I play as anyone besides Soldier 76? I don't want to be problematic.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Verranicus posted:

As a white male Canadian should I check with someone before I play as anyone besides Soldier 76? I don't want to be problematic.

S76 isn't Canadian, so you're already appropriating your neighbours' culture. I'd suggest either Mei or Lúcio, despite the race/gender issues.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Whats problematic about Lúcio is that he doesn't yell his ult in Portuguese, while the heroes of different nationalities yell in their own language :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

frajaq posted:

Whats problematic about Lúcio is that he doesn't yell his ult in Portuguese, while the heroes of different nationalities yell in their own language :colbert:

Neither does Pharah or Symmetra or Torbjorn, to be fair.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

frajaq posted:

Alert Tumblr.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/FeetAreStrange/status/741718566508994561

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I like how all of the comments are like "NAME AND SHAME THEM" and absolutely don't understand it was a joke.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Help how do I play the support less

Lucio's my most played with 15 hours and Winston's my second with 4 I want to do other things

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

Help how do I play the support less

Lucio's my most played with 15 hours and Winston's my second with 4 I want to do other things

Pick Zarya and go to town

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
This is that loving terrible Reddit meme, isn't it?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

frajaq posted:

Pick Zarya and go to town

Or Soldier. Two classes that will allow you to do stuff and kill more things while still helping your team somewhat, and give you a decent W/L ratio.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Incoherence posted:

This is that loving terrible Reddit meme, isn't it?

Thanks for narrowing it down.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That guy is a moron but he's right about Mercy requiring no skill i m o

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Verranicus posted:

I like how all of the comments are like "NAME AND SHAME THEM" and absolutely don't understand it was a joke.

Can't blame them for being confused, since usually jokes are supposed to be funny

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Can't blame them for being confused, since usually jokes are supposed to be funny

And because an entire subculture of dudes thinks this is how you're actually supposed to talk to women

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

And because an entire subculture of dudes thinks this is how you're actually supposed to talk to women

Not everyone can be as woke as you mate.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Has there been any information about a patch? There is some real low hanging fruit that would make things better without having to do a balance pass. Like normalizing the volume on hanzo's wolf skin ult (cosmetics should never offer a competitive advantage) and widowmaker ult (it's easily one of the most dangerous yet almost impossible to hear). Plus the weird inconsistencies like how there is no friendly torbjorn or reinhardt ult callout. They also need to fix the map exploits, like escaping the spawn room and planting symmetra turrets outside the map.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
What are some situations where you should actually go Hanzo? Archery is cool and all but I feel like there's always a more helpful character I could be playing. I want to get good at all the heroes, but Hanzo really does not click for me and I always feel responsible for pulling down the team when I try to figure him out. Is he more of a counterpick character than a safe go-to? Or are there enemy heroes where, when you see them, you know not to bother with Hanzo?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You need another person standing behind reinhardt's shield doing damage and the league you're playing in has banned more than 2 mcrees.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

fadam posted:

Not everyone can be as woke as you mate.

I don't really think calling "get in some sick negs about video games" pathetic is some kinda performative white knighting.

Cephas posted:

What are some situations where you should actually go Hanzo? Archery is cool and all but I feel like there's always a more helpful character I could be playing. I want to get good at all the heroes, but Hanzo really does not click for me and I always feel responsible for pulling down the team when I try to figure him out. Is he more of a counterpick character than a safe go-to? Or are there enemy heroes where, when you see them, you know not to bother with Hanzo?

I'm sure there's a regular Hanzo that can answer you better but I mostly only do it against turret/Bastion-heavy teams, and unless they're going so deep on it that you need the ult, Widow is still gonna be a better choice.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Man, Torbjorn is just an angry little ball of death. His turret is brutal, sure, but his gun just absolutely destroys people. I even outdamaged a Reaper just because I headshotted him more consistently.

Of course my real enemy is often my teammates who tell me to stop playing Torbjorn on offense when I have the gold medal for both damage and eliminations after turning the point into a mobile death fortress, so I don't know what they want from me.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Is sexist the new casual?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I faced an All-Mei Offense team on Anubis today.

...Probably the easiest match I've had in all my time playing, even though I was Torb.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My non-goon friends are pretty good at this game and I am quite bad. This is troubling, because anytime we play together I figure it averages all our MMR scores together or something, so we go up against stomptastic teams that destroy me. I'm trying to tell myself playing against better players is how you improve, but drat does it suck dying all the time and getting zero medals in a match.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Cephas posted:

What are some situations where you should actually go Hanzo?

1) You want that sick play of the game
2) You are too good to smash people with widow and need a handicap
3) Your team already has 2 hanzos

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Cephas posted:

Widow tends to work better in general because hitscan is almost always better than projectile. In general terms though, hanzo works perfectly fine you just need to be able to hit your shots, which can be easy or a pain in the rear end depending on the map and opponents. Scatter shot is great for 1-shotting any non-tank. Scanner arrow is great but you have to kind of know where enemies are already.

He is better than widow if you're facing a really immobile team, such as multiple torbs/bastion setups, or even just the enemy all grouping behind a reinhardt. Try not to send your dragon straight on but from a side angle or other sort of surprise origin point. Don't expect the dragon to kill a bunch unless it is paired with like a zarya ult, but if you're hitting shots you build ult really fast. Ideally throw that out as your team is pushing (or their team is) to force an area the enemy can't be in, which often can be enough to win a team fight even if you don't get kills with the dragon.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

Like normalizing the volume on hanzo's wolf skin ult (cosmetics should never offer a competitive advantage)

Hmm what's this about? I don't play him much but got the Okami skin on saturday from a box :gary: So far my wolf ults have been unsuccessful, but I need to pick better angles/ better timing.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

I just got this game on PS4 today; FPSes are really not my thing but my god I think I'm addicted. I'm pretty sure I really, really suck but I've been having so much fun that I don't care at all. I can't wait to spend my whole day off tomorrow getting blown to smithereens while I look around helplessly for where the fire is coming from.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
So my friend's PC is having artifacting issues with OW but only with the UI open, any idea why? He's on a gtx 760. Already tried re-installing/repairing/moving to new HDD and loving with settings, dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IxUMBht5-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I got the cool Explorer Winston skin in a level up loot box. Too bad I never play Winston.