Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:negative: I'M GOING TO BE THIRTY THIS YEAR :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Inzombiac posted:

Me too :( :hf: :(

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm going to be thirty-one this year. :sigh:

DesolateRampage
Feb 16, 2011
I turned thirty three a month ago, why do you fuckers have to remind me of my own mortality.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you guys, I will be 35. But I take pride in that because I've been foster kittens for three years now and so far have saved about 20 of the little bastards.

FWP. Being almost done with watching Game of Thrones and now have to catch up with Better Call Saul and Preacher. But it's so much easier when the show is done to binge!

My friend is going on a "poor me" phase and there's nothing to do but let her cry it out.

I can't decide what to have for dinner.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hiked all day and now my feet hurt

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

My friend is going on a "poor me" phase and there's nothing to do but let her cry it out.

A little self-pity is healthy just rein them in if they start going well and truly overboard.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My new phone's (S7) screen, it turns out, is very subtlety curved. So the (not subtlety curved) screen protector floats a bit on the edges.

I can live with that, even if that's a little annoying, but it does make edge-touching a bit problematic, sometimes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had a bad day at work.
That's all.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I forgot to buy my favorite coffee.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My cat followed me into the bathroom and wouldn't leave despite my warnings, now I'm trying to poop with a small grey demon alternating between :catstare:ing at me from by the door and trying to lick my shins.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I was a little stressed out this morning because my stupid multifunction printer kept trying to fax poo poo instead of print it. The first solution I found (remove printer in the settings then re add it) worked fine although I could've done without that 5 or so minutes of worrying.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The Internet here isnt good enough to let me argue with idiots online.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm trying to apply for a mortgage and it is stressful :ohdear:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I made cold Greek pasta salad and brought it to work but I can't eat it now or else I'll be hungry later!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My AM gave me poo poo about wanting to leave early. Because we were stupid slow and he sent someone else home already, and telling him I almost called out because I didn't feel well didn't help my case. I still left an hour early.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Bees on Wheat posted:

I'm going to be thirty-one this year. :sigh:

Me too :sigh::hf::(

Smam
Jul 31, 2003
I hurt my leg and can't walk without a limp yet so I have to hold off breaking in my new sneakers.

I'm a 30 year old woman sad about waiting a week or two to wear Super Mario themed hi tops.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I was invited to go on holiday to Greece in August with friends for the first time but now I can't go because he didn't tell me the dates in time and my coworkers are off that week. :(
I'm still bummed out about it even though I found out yesterday because I'm on my period and the hormones are loving with my emotions something fierce.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I have now taken off my fake nails but my phone remembered my predictive typing or whatever so now sometimes when I try to press a letter it hits a different one than the one it's supposed to/I'm used to. Or maybe I messed myself up by typing differently when I had the fake nails. In any case Very annoying especially with things like ] vs {

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's so muggy that the atmospheric options are Hot And Muggy (natural) or Cold And Muggy (my apartment's legitimately good AC).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A co-worker just told me that he stayed up till 5am trying to put together an IKEA dresser. It took so long because, "all those pictures were, like, drawn in German."

Now I have to spend the rest of the night trying not to yell at him like Louis Black.

This is the same person that believes all citrus fruit are the same fruit at different stages of ripeness.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Eh, that isn't so bad.

FWP: I graduated college in my 30's and now for the rest of my life will have to answer the question "why so late?"

Because, for a variety of reasons, I couldn't do it younger. :shrug: Then the opportunity came and I did it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If getting older is a FWP, it's really annoying to get just old enough that you realize that the random Cute Ladies Wearing Cute Stuff you see randomly as you live your life are no longer in the age range where you can find them cute/attractive without feeling like a skeeze. Nothing illegal, mind you, just not wanting to be That Guy.

It's that quote Matt McConaughey says from a movie I've never seen: "I get older and they stay the same age". Except that I'm not enjoying it.

Late Edit: Another FWP I'm having is that thanks to having some time off of work, I've been able to sleep in until later than normal, stay up later, etc. However, my body took to the change so well that now that I have to go back on a normal person schedule, it means I basically need to be unable to sleep all night so I'll be tired this morning so I'm exhausted tomorow night.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 10:11 on Jun 15, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I recently started wearing glasses, and I've noticed that if I wear them when I eat, the movement of my jaw makes them slip forward in a slightly annoying way.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Honestly being 30 isn't so bad, but most of my coworkers are younger than I am and it makes me feel much older than I really am. On the upside, most of them wouldn't assume I'm that old so I guess something is going well for me. Downside is that I still feel old, everything hurts, can't drink like I used to, and drat kids need to get off my lawn.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I was throwing and catching a big red die and I dropped it. It rolled away somewhere and now I can't find it. I moved the couch, looked under the table and chairs, under the desk, in the bin, pulled all the cushions off the couch in case it had fallen behind one, and it's just vanished.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Ehh you'll get over it. I turned 30 in January and spent a lot of time thinking about the big 3 0 last year and well, it's pretty meaningless. Maybe start paying a little more attention to your body so you don't start falling apart in your 40s. I've found it's the same as the 20s except tons more money.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
falling asleep at my computer job because my girlfriend's maltipoo kept waking me up to play fetch last night

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Decided to... if not quit smoking cigarettes altogether then to at least cut back, so I bought a vape. It sorta seems to be working so far, but I want to give myself a swirly.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
You sad saps need to HTFU. I'm turning 32 on Sunday and the only sad part about it is I don't get to celebrate it with my friends because I'm in Maui for work. The two years of my 30s have been vastly superior to anything that came before.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Also there's free pizza at work but my girlfriend packed me a lunch so I have too much food

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bradzilla posted:

Ehh you'll get over it. I turned 30 in January and spent a lot of time thinking about the big 3 0 last year and well, it's pretty meaningless. Maybe start paying a little more attention to your body so you don't start falling apart in your 40s. I've found it's the same as the 20s except tons more money.

So I'll make more than entry level eventually?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My building is old and made of brick, and doesn't have central air, and my windows face the sun most of the day, so even if it's 60 outside its like 85 in the apartment, plus extremely humid. I only have one AC, and my apartment is a weird shape so the AC can only cool one room while the others just get a little less hot. It's basically like walking from a normal room like you'd be used to, into a walk-in freezer.

I am complaining because I am sitting in front of the AC shivering because I have to charge my phone and the outlet is next to the AC. But if I walk 20 feet away I will be sweating.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My friend is stuck in a loveless marriage, working a job she hates, and is dealing with some depression because of it. And there is nothing I can do.

I had a zit on my face, and popped it, and the remains ballooned up to a nasty green infected scab. Now I'm afraid it has ringworm because our foster kittens have it, and why not have a goddamn fungus on my face? Bad kittens! Save you from the e-list and you poop on all the baby blankets and now give me ringworm on the face!

I must have put too much litter in the litter box in my room because the cats keep kicking piles of it onto the carpet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My new phone's (S7) sensitivity to WiFi seems to be weaker than my old phone or my tablet. It recognizes it as 2-3 bars (and acts like it) in bed, but my tablet sees it was as 4 bars, and runs smoothly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm having a hard time convincing myself to pull the trigger on getting a Kindle Fire HD 8. On the one hand, Amazon's new payment system letting me do 30 bucks a month for 5 months to get what seems to be a pretty good tablet is tempting as hell.

On the other hand, the lower reviews seem like it'll do the same thing I'm getting annoyed at my current tablet for doing. That, and I really only use it to watch downloaded shows on at work, and I'm not sure if I should get the Fire if that's all I'm gonna use it for.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Someone was getting a tow from the lot next to where I buy my pre-work 70-cent slushie, and there was no parking, so there is no slushie. I'm gonna have to make myself a cafe au lait from work coffee instead.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I've started having to add a couple days to the delivery time for any packages I order because my mailman doesn't understand that two different addresses in the same neighborhood can have the same street number. Thank God my neighbors seem to be trustworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Ahhhhhhahaha, I hosed up royally by posting confidential information on Facebook and my boss has sent a mass Whatsapp message to all staff berating us about it. I know exactly who will have grassed me up too (unless the person discussed saw it and complained) and now I feel physically sick because I'm alone in work with my boss tomorrow!