Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

LibertyCat posted:

I'm not a religious extremist and I have no desire to commit violence, don't have a problem with women and gay people, and I doubt I'd pass that religious hocus-pocus down to my kids, hope this allays your concerns Forums Poster solemn sloth.

^^ the victims do matter. Many surveys have shown the majority of Muslims aren't exactly accepting of the LGBTI community. If Islam grows in Australia and they carry that trait with them, it's bad times ahead if you're gay.

Why the Left pretends Muslim immigration has no downsides is a mystery. I think Australian Liberty Alliance is now my #2 vote.

Yes, because the church is a shining beacon of all that is tenderness and compassion towards LGBTQI folk. You dense fuckstick.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
In alternative poo poo Liberal candidate news,

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jun/13/liberal-candidate-in-hot-water-for-tweet-attacking-frozens-kristen-bell

quote:

A Liberal candidate for next year’s Western Australian election who came under fire for obscene Facebook posts is again in hot water – this time over a two-year-old tweet.

Daniel Parasiliti, who is challenging the former government minister Michelle Roberts in the seat of Midland, reportedly criticised the use of Frozen actor Kristen Bell in a beauty product advertisement, saying she had a “head like a half-eaten pie”.

Parasiliti last month apologised after it emerged he had made a graphic sexual comment to a woman in a Facebook post eight years ago, when he was 21, after she challenged his views about Kevin Rudd’s apology to Indigenous Australians.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Seriously you can loving stop now

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Frogmanv2 posted:

Yes, because the church is a shining beacon of all that is tenderness and compassion towards LGBTQI folk. You dense fuckstick.
Wikipedia as a whole article on the subject. Christian countries generally don't execute gay people

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Liberty "I don't have a problem with women" Cat

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I got a call asking me how I felt about Ipswich, is this the next major election issue?

Ipswich sucks

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"--it might even allow a numpty like me to be elected"

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I hate when I have something stuck in my teeth like Tones

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Thank you Jumpingmanjim, for all those kitten pictures.

Oh wait, that was just the long forgotten "stop tony meow" plugin I have installed. Nevermind.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Snod. posted:

I got a call asking me how I felt about Ipswich, is this the next major election issue?

Ipswich sucks

Major Developments
The population of Ipswich is projected to grow from its current 190,125 to 435,000 by 2031, which will require an additional 118,000 dwellings.
Our city is growing rapidly, buoyed by an increasing influx of new, successful businesses eager to take advantage of all the opportunities that a dynamic city has to offer.
The continuance of strong economic growth in the city will be driven by major developments and initiatives such as:-
New gas-fired power station at Swanbank
Ipswich CBD redevelopment
Amberley RAAF Base expansion
Extension of the rail line from Richlands to Springfield
Coles supermarket redevelopment - the largest in Qld (CBD)
Springfield Lakes & Springfield Town Centre
Stage 2 of the Orion Shopping Centre
Ripley Valley Residential Development
Ipswich Medical Precinct
Citiswich
Swanbank Enterprise Park
Synergy Park
Ebenezer Industrial Area

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Tony Abbott aged horribly.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Maybe Ipswich is the best part of Queensland

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The continuance of strong economic growth in the city will be driven by major developments and initiatives such as:-

Ebenezer Industrial Area

loving lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Dude McAwesome posted:

Tony Abbott aged horribly.

some time between the left picture and the right he was replaced with a reptilian copy

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Just what is the signal to noise in here these days? We seem to have a bunch of prolific trolls and plenty of biters. I guess this one goes in with the noise too. :jerkbag:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If Labor were to get in (say with a Greens - NXT alliance) if they were knocked out at the next election in 2019 what's to stop the Libs loving up the NBN again? This is why infrastructure projects fail.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also if this Facebook debate really goes ahead we should bend our collective will to getting a question through to both candidates:

"If the boats have been stopped then why are there still people in detention? They should have been processed by now."

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

I'm going to regret this, and probably get in trouble from every other sensible poster out there, but here goes anyway...

LC, care to point out how many of those "Christian countries" are theocracies, like so many of the predominantly Muslim ones?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Question. With preference deals largely being symbolic - people having to copy out their how to vote card. With the liberals raging on about putting the greens last in every electorate. Does this not semi legitimise the greens as a force to oppose the liberals? I'm not sure I put any faith in the idea that preferences will mean anything anymore.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Also if this Facebook debate really goes ahead we should bend our collective will to getting a question through to both candidates:

"If the boats have been stopped then why are there still people in detention? They should have been processed by now."

I'm certain questions similar to this have been asked and they always waffle about process and procedure and speak in circles until everyone forgot the question

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Konomex posted:

Question. With preference deals largely being symbolic - people having to copy out their how to vote card. With the liberals raging on about putting the greens last in every electorate. Does this not semi legitimise the greens as a force to oppose the liberals? I'm not sure I put any faith in the idea that preferences will mean anything anymore.

Hopefully the two major parties both bleating about the Greens a lot makes them stick more in voters' minds. It's free publicity in a way.

Snod. posted:

I'm certain questions similar to this have been asked and they always waffle about process and procedure and speak in circles until everyone forgot the question

:smith:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cartoon posted:

Just what is the signal to noise in here these days? We seem to have a bunch of prolific trolls and plenty of biters. I guess this one goes in with the noise too. :jerkbag:

Slow news day.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

LibertyCat continues to prove you don't make friends with Libertarianism.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

LibertyCat posted:

"LibertyCat is such a fuckwit for wanting a stop to Muslim Immigration, there is no culture of violence, what a paranoid dickhead"

*worst massacre in US history is committed by a Muslim who literally telephones to say he's going it on behalf of the Islamic State*

"Diversity is our strength! Letting these people into the country means we get more ethnic takeaways so it's totally worth it"

At least this means "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created" Donald "My twitter has become so powerful" Trump has a fighting chance.

Actually I looked this up and the worst massacre in US history, on US soil, was either Fort Pillow (White Christians killing black people) or Wounded Knee (White Christians killing natives).

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Basically the libs have sufficiently shagged the whole NBN that if Labor tries to go back to it's original policy it will never make it's own costings due to the huge amount of overhead to change it again. In which case the libs get to jump up and down and scream HUGE LABOR WASTE. It's poo poo, but the Libs won this one, the NBN didn't get far enough along for the liberals to have to spend much political capital in gutting it and throwing money at their mates.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Funnily enough both massacres were caused by the minorities having guns which the white guys REALLY didn't like.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I hope that you address this more accurate historical record in your next post LibertyCat, I would hate for you to look like an ill-informed racist in front of everyone.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Looking like a regular racist should be quite enough work on its own!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
:gary:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
:yarg:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Reminder that the government will start forking over money to these people (so they can argue against gay marriage), once the whole gay marriage plebiscite thing starts happening :negative:

I WANNA BE A TWINK
Mar 27, 2016
So ALP are preferencing Greens ahead of Liberals in all seats? Greens are preferencing Labor in all but 11 seats? Liberals are preferencing Labor ahead of Greens in all seats?

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Konomex posted:

I'm happy the lnp are doing their part to put down the gruneliberalen menace. Come the long way like everyone else.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I WANNA BE A TWINK posted:

So ALP are preferencing Greens ahead of Liberals in all seats? Greens are preferencing Labor in all but 11 seats? Liberals are preferencing Labor ahead of Greens in all seats?

Correct.

NXT preference flow yet to be announced.

I WANNA BE A TWINK
Mar 27, 2016

Anidav posted:

Correct.

NXT preference flow yet to be announced.

What 11 seats are the Greens putting Liberals up? I've heard they're not marginals, so don't get why they would do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
There are a lot of similarities between Orlando and the Sydney siege. The only great difference seems to be is the outcome.

• Locked thread