Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Gen. Ripper posted:

who's terrified Trump will ruin his precious GOP for a generation.

is it weird that I can actually see that happening? I mean, anything is possible, but I wouldn't be shocked if Trump really does ruin GOP's image for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Mister Beeg posted:

is it weird that I can actually see that happening? I mean, anything is possible, but I wouldn't be shocked if Trump really does ruin GOP's image for a long time.

Well there's no shortage of people saying "RIP GOP 1850-2016" out there, but only time will tell if it actually happens.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario of who would actually fill the power gap if the GOP crashed and burned hard. I mean obviously somebody would have to step up and give a place for all the remaining incumbents to jump ship to, but I can't believe any of the existing 'third party' groups could possibly bend themselves enough to accommodate the bizarrely contradictory credo Republicans follow.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
For the record, I don't think the GOP will disappear forever (at least, not in the near future), just that their credibility will be crushed for years.

I mean, there was a time when the Democrats were unpopular, too, especially with the rise of Reagan.

EDIT:

Kwyndig posted:

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario of who would actually fill the power gap if the GOP crashed and burned hard. I mean obviously somebody would have to step up and give a place for all the remaining incumbents to jump ship to, but I can't believe any of the existing 'third party' groups could possibly bend themselves enough to accommodate the bizarrely contradictory credo Republicans follow.

I imagine the closest will be the Libertarian Party.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That's Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kwyndig posted:

What are the Whigs doing these days?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

vyelkin posted:

That's Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland.

Man, Kal is really good

E: to clarify, this particular toon is just okay but generally his style is really good, artistically, and his toons tend to describe more than prescribe, which i appreciate

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What about it, Adam? The Bible's pretty contradictory on the subject matter, but in general it seem to advocate drinking in moderation.

One of the important characters even turned water into wine. Now who was it again drat I forget dude's name is on the tip of my tongue...

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Didn't Jesus explicitly say "Judge no man by what goes into his mouth but solely by what comes out of it?" when it came to drugs and alcohol? I don't know if I got the quote exactly right, but I'm pretty sure Jesus' whole thing toward substances were that they weren't good or evil, only people could be good or evil.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I think there was one dude who even wanted us to drink red wine and think of him

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If you believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible as Adam4D does, you should know that "taking the Lord's name in vain" has little to do with most of what we consider "swearing" nowadays. God, according to the literal word of the Bible, doesn't care if you say "poo poo" or "gently caress," but "oh my God" and "as God as my witness" and "Gadzooks" are blasphemy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rorus Raz posted:

In the past, people have found it in poor taste to bust in here on the day of a tragedy and muse about how lovely the cartoons will be.

the freep thread has broken us all

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Willatron posted:

Didn't Jesus explicitly say "Judge no man by what goes into his mouth but solely by what comes out of it?" when it came to drugs and alcohol? I don't know if I got the quote exactly right, but I'm pretty sure Jesus' whole thing toward substances were that they weren't good or evil, only people could be good or evil.

He was referring to Jewish dietary restrictions.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

:smith:

e: also another new Kal:

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Mister Beeg posted:

For the record, I don't think the GOP will disappear forever (at least, not in the near future), just that their credibility will be crushed for years.

I mean, there was a time when the Democrats were unpopular, too, especially with the rise of Reagan.

Yeah, people acting like the GOP is going to die forever if Trump loses tend to forget that both parties have been in similarly dire straits before, so it's far from being certain.

Mister Beeg posted:

As far as their economic stances and tax policies, sure, but what about GOP politicians who trade more on fundamentalist Christianity (or other authoritarian moralist stances), military expansion, etc? They wouldn't be a fit for the Libertarians at all, which I think Kwyndig was getting at.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stultus Maximus posted:

He was referring to Jewish dietary restrictions.
Jewish dietary restrictions were just an allegory for teaching the Gentiles, as per Paul.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure a major takeaway from this primary has been that the GOP base doesn't give a poo poo about the kind of policies that Libertarians push, and are often actually hostile to them. They just want to mainline the nativism and posturing without the welfare state gutting.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I actually like that Ramirez. I suppose that's statistically possible.

I agree.

It's not an awful caricature, there are no labels, it's not pandering or regurgitating talking points.

It's probably not self-consistent, but as a standalone cartoon I give it a B+.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wonder if any cartoonist whoever stated "Those uppity gays in America! How dare they complain when they have it so good, gays elsewhere are getting murdered!" is going to address that now.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I went on another break and stuck my head in the sand for about a month. No NPR, no news, no D&D forum, no podcasts, no John Oliver, Bill Maher, TDS/TNS, or talk radio (I actually listen to Glenn Beck sometimes so I know basically what kind of poo poo I can expect my dad will be repeating. And I have to admit it was pretty fun listening to him as Trump was smashing Cruz.). I seem to always take these things in May.

Anyway May 1st was my last read. Just north of 5k posts.

Did I miss anything good? New title refer to anything in particular, or just Rall as usual?

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

vyelkin posted:

:smith:

e: also another new Kal:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mister Beeg posted:

EDIT:

It'd probably just be right-ish democrats pulling together with the remaining GOP establishment

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

itskage posted:

I went on another break and stuck my head in the sand for about a month. No NPR, no news, no D&D forum, no podcasts, no John Oliver, Bill Maher, TDS/TNS, or talk radio (I actually listen to Glenn Beck sometimes so I know basically what kind of poo poo I can expect my dad will be repeating. And I have to admit it was pretty fun listening to him as Trump was smashing Cruz.). I seem to always take these things in May.

Did I miss anything good? New title refer to anything in particular, or just Rall as usual?

:smithicide::hf::shepicide:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 13, 2016

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

itskage posted:

Just Rall as usual, I think. His last few comics have basically been "Hillary might become our first woman president, but only because she married Bill so it's not like she really accomplished anything." And then someone reposted that old comic where he drew Hitler as a transwoman. But nothing out of the ordinary for him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hitlery Clindrone

There you have it, the theme to Tedd Rall's strips for the next four years if Clinton wins the elections.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Hitlery Clindrone

There you have it, the theme to Tedd Rall's strips for the next four years if Clinton wins the elections.

I'll loving take it over "Hillary's biggest accomplishment is being married to Bill."

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

The Groke joined ISIS? I don't remember that.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

Hitlery Clindrone

Eagerly looking forward to purple-skinned Hillary that looks like Marge Simpson

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

itskage posted:

A month of Bernie making Hillary looking bad by staying in race whilst Hillary is bad candidate because of [Insert faux scandal], with Trump being just bad, but you know, the democrats are just as bad (not really). Also, UK's Brexit, Australian policies are horrible and Latuff chat.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

The ongoing Islamic war against civilization!
If you're afraid to name it, how can you fight it?!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

itskage posted:

If you're going to take a break, take the break. Don't bother trying to catch up on anything after, just roll with the black hole of knowledge for that period of time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I agree with those anchors.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Right I'm sure the fact that it was a gay nightclub was just a total coincidence and it's just random violence against the west.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

This is the ugliest piece of poo poo.
Fuckin MSPaint rainbow flag (or maybe just blatantly stolen from Wikipedia? I'm too lazy to check, but I've already put more effort into this post than he did into his comic by far) with copied and pasted bloodstains looking like they were stolen from a lovely Doom WAD.
Jesus Christ.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Hope 'n' Change has turned the shootings into a stick to beat Obama with, in lieu of a cartoon. (Bolding mine)

quote:

ISIS has claimed responsibility, which strikes Hope n' Change as an excellent reason to burn a message into their black hearts as quickly as possible (surely we have some low-yield nuclear weapons which could get their attention). Not that we expect this president to do so.
In a very brief statement, Barack Hussein Obama tap-danced around the issue of whether or not this was "terror" connected to a "radical group," but was very specific about this being further proof that guns are too easy to obtain (drat that 2nd Amendment!), and that under his leadership we will fight hate with a renewed sense of love for people of every ethnicity, religion, race, and sexual orientation. Which, we're thinking, will be less effective than that nuke we were just mentioning.

Meanwhile, Bob Lang turned this in a week late.

SOFREP posted:

SOFREP contributor Robert L. Lang recently drew the featured cartoon. His motivation was to illustrate looking the changes in the Democratic party since the days of war with Presidents Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pakled posted:

If you believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible as Adam4D does, you should know that "taking the Lord's name in vain" has little to do with most of what we consider "swearing" nowadays. God, according to the literal word of the Bible, doesn't care if you say "poo poo" or "gently caress," but "oh my God" and "as God as my witness" and "Gadzooks" are blasphemy.

All I said to my wife was that halibut was good enough for Jehovah.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

The Gay Abortions new lead contender for both the Laziest category and the Tragedy category.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Teketeketeketeke posted:

This is the ugliest piece of poo poo.
Fuckin MSPaint rainbow flag (or maybe just blatantly stolen from Wikipedia? I'm too lazy to check, but I've already put more effort into this post than he did into his comic by far) with copied and pasted bloodstains looking like they were stolen from a lovely Doom WAD.
Jesus Christ.

It's the default Photoshop splats. I like to think that on the right side he accidentally used the fuzzball brush, and even though he realized that didn't look anything like a blood spatter he was somehow unable to undo it or completely cover it up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

2008 will be maybe later today or tomorrow. I was going to post Sunday but wasn't quite feeling it for obvious reasons. I'd post it now but there will probably be a ton of cartoons coming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

artsy fartsy posted:

It's the default Photoshop splats. I like to think that on the right side he accidentally used the fuzzball brush, and even though he realized that didn't look anything like a blood spatter he was somehow unable to undo it or completely cover it up.

This is Wes Butan levels of photoshop skills. Truly a master.

• Locked thread