Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

vug posted:

let's face it, this is the mary sue game

Rule 34 game.

Its like the pervs were in the room for the concept art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Most of you have played The Witcher 3 right? Fantastic game, but I ended up having the same "this is a ten year old's idea of a character" feeling about Geralt. "He's an orphan that they made into a mutant freak, and now he's an awesome fighter with superhuman strength and reflexes, and he has TWO SWORDS, and also he knows magic and he's like a wizard, and he can see in the dark, and he's also super smart and knows all the lore and history and reads lots of books, and he's a brilliant alchemist who can make all kinds of potions and poisons, but even though he's an outcast, all his muscles and scars make him ruggedly handsome and the ladiez can't resist him".

That's what Widowmaker reminds me of too.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I now confusingly google one in three posts to see if it's an OF quote

Shy fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Imagined posted:

Most of you have played The Witcher 3 right? Fantastic game, but I ended up having the same "this is a ten year old's idea of a character" feeling about Geralt. "He's an orphan that they made into a mutant freak, and now he's an awesome fighter with superhuman strength and reflexes, and he has TWO SWORDS, and also he knows magic and he's like a wizard, and he can see in the dark, and he's also super smart and knows all the lore and history and reads lots of books, and he's a brilliant alchemist who can make all kinds of potions and poisons, but even though he's an outcast, all his muscles and scars make him ruggedly handsome and the ladiez can't resist him".

Source your quotes

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Imagined posted:

I don't think it was even that involved. It felt more like they took a Night Elf from WoW, removed the ears, and then got really excited about how good of an rear end they could render in an engine that wasn't ten years old. Then they filled in the backstory after.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It's a good rear end though.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
actually I made an insufficiently considered remark before

overwatch is the rear end game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I've mostly had music off for the later parts of the beta, so I never actually heard the Route 66 intro. It's pretty solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn_9xA-SuLc

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

ItBurns posted:

It's a good rear end though.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
He's a really well written character in the books they based the game on, but yeah, the Geralt in the games is basically what you say.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It's basically because the first game was a parody at times? That was the intent with the romance cards IIRC.

I don't know Polish so I can't read the books to tell for myself.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
initial attempt at rear end league tables

God tier
Widowmaker
SYMMETRA
Mei, if that's your taste, and times being what they are
Genji
D.va(?)

Thoroughly mediocre tier
McCree
Zarya
Reaper

Bad tier
Roadhog. it's a poor sight

Getting disturbing tier
tracer. its very weird if you look at just how skin tight those pants are, we're talking realistic horse anuses territory here folks :\

Not enough information
Hanzo
Reinhardt
Mercy
Junkrat
???

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
you cant even see meis rear end in that getup meanwhile Mercy contorts her spine to put it out there. list smells like HORSE poo poo to me

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I thought i might have been wrong about mercy. Mei's is definitely out though, go to the hero gallery for more information

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

where winston

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

you cant even see meis rear end in that getup

Hell yes you can, I spent one spawn run from Route 66 defense just staring at Mei's rear end uphill when I was Torbjörn.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

where winston

Don't be gross.

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

"I love the hard, machine-cut edges of bastion's rear end. I want that robot rear end to spread and fart and I will collect the farts and huff them." - Roadhog

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Soothing Vapors posted:

you cant even see meis rear end in that getup

Play Torbjorn

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cephas posted:

What are some situations where you should actually go Hanzo? Archery is cool and all but I feel like there's always a more helpful character I could be playing. I want to get good at all the heroes, but Hanzo really does not click for me and I always feel responsible for pulling down the team when I try to figure him out. Is he more of a counterpick character than a safe go-to? Or are there enemy heroes where, when you see them, you know not to bother with Hanzo?

He can be a bit more aggressive than Widow, and can actually join in on a push rather than sitting way back and just lending cover fire to the push. He's also slightly less dependent on team support, and a little bit less vulnerable to the characters that are best at disrupting Widowmaker.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

my nemesis recently has been reaper, he destroys me all the time no matter who i play as :(

Dealing with Reaper isn't really matchup-dependent (though Mei, Zarya, and Pharah ought to make short work of him), it's all about positioning and awareness. Reaper absolutely shits damage at close range, but he has no longer-range options and not really a whole lot of health - he'll likely beat most characters if he fires the first shot, but if you see him coming it's trivial to kill him or drive him off before he gets close enough to do anything. A good Reaper will try to come from somewhere you aren't looking and catch you by surprise, so keep an eye on flank routes, high ledges, and so on. As for specific counters, like I said, Mei, Zarya, and Pharah probably fit the bill. Mei can easily block him with walls or freeze-and-icicle him, Zarya can just pop her shield to instantly remove his advantage, and Pharah can just jump out of the range of his guns and bomb him with total impunity.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
wheres soldier 76 on that list. all that running is pretty tough on the glutes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Soothing Vapors posted:

you cant even see meis rear end in that getup meanwhile Mercy contorts her spine to put it out there. list smells like HORSE poo poo to me

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
pharah is pretty neutral with reaper. the matchup is favorable for reaper in a closed area and favorable for pharah in an open area which means unless you are going out of your way to do things that pharah shouldn't do, you are not very likely to die to a reaper because reapers do not like open spaces

also mccree still destroys reaper with E+r-click and given that you don't need the reload from combat roll to kill a full health reaper you can save that for if he manages to wraith form your stun grenade to put some distance between yourself and reaper

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat

Imagined posted:

Conan.
Guts.
Riddick.
Master Chief.

We're all Mary Sues now.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So does anything actually go through zaryas particle barrier? What is the best way to deal with it? Burst it down or wait it out?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Love cuts through it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Philosopher King posted:

So does anything actually go through zaryas particle barrier? What is the best way to deal with it? Burst it down or wait it out?

i think symmetra orbs/reinhardt flamestrike will continue through it to people behind zarya, but they'll still block the damage/give her energy. i watched moonmoon bait a flame strike that hit both himself and his ally, giving him instant full 100 energy.

wait it out if you can. you don't want to give her more energy.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Philosopher King posted:

bastion shits on it and s76 manages pretty reasonably, as long as you have concentrated fire to kill that target to compensate for zarya getting a lot of energy. a full fan the hammer - roll combo also dumps on the barrier but this just falls into the mccree counters everything concept anyway.

it absorbs 200 / 400 depending on if it was self barrier or projected barrier, but it also absorbs any "overflow" from the instance of damage that breaks the barrier, so fast low damage is the most efficient way of breaking a particle barrier.

waiting also works pretty well since it only lasts 2 seconds

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Philosopher King posted:

So does anything actually go through zaryas particle barrier? What is the best way to deal with it? Buyrst it down or wait it out?

Its only 2s long and only 200 hp. Its guaranteed to absorb one attack even if that attack is more than 200hp. The main problem with taking it out is that you just gave her 50% charge to her death ray, but if you have enough firepower who cares?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I got this emote from a loot box yesterday, but I hardly get to play mei so...

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

"We haven't patched content or balance because we are trying to have a stable launch window, with as few variables as possible.

With that said, new content is coming at the end of June -- Competitive Play mode. We should also have a minor balance patch (hopefully) this week."

"We have some balance changes coming for McCree and Widowmaker. As soon as they clear testing, the changes will go live."

Posted recently in the OW forums by Jeff Kaplan. No details on what they plan to do to Widowmaker though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

"We haven't patched content or balance because we are trying to have a stable launch window, with as few variables as possible.

With that said, new content is coming at the end of June -- Competitive Play mode. We should also have a minor balance patch (hopefully) this week."

"We have some balance changes coming for McCree and Widowmaker. As soon as they clear testing, the changes will go live."

Posted recently in the OW forums by Jeff Kaplan. No details on what they plan to do to Widowmaker though.

neat

hopefully fan the hammer gets chopped in half and widow's butt gets chopped in half

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

That Widowmaker turnaround was faster than I expected, considering that the D.Va buff was announced earlier and will take longer.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Would it be better if we had time to play with the balance changes before ranked comes out or would that hopefully level the playing field a bit for everyone going in there. I also wonder if we'll ever see a test client for future patches like Battlefield.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
well it's easier to nerf a hero than to buff a hero

also specifically wrt DVA her kit as it is wouldn't really do what they want it to even with numerical tweaks, while widowmaker and mccree can probably be in reasonable places with mostly numerical tweaks.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Good D.VA change would be to put her boosters on a fuel bar like pharah's spacebar float, so you don't have to blow the whole cooldown when you go for a short hop, and you don't have to wait for the whole thing to recharge before you can make a small boost again.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007
Mech needs a rearview mirror and the ability to fly backwards so you don't get headshot 30 times trying to go anywhere.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think it'd be cool if D.Va could voluntarily hop out of her mech. Leave it in one spot and have her on-foot ult summon it from wherever, else she has to run back to where she left it to get in (or die and respawn.) She's actually pretty good at exploding Torj turrets and Bastion from long range but having to die once first is sort of a drag.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Ularg posted:

I got this emote from a loot box yesterday, but I hardly get to play mei so...

I've only played Mei in the random-brawl, but if I'd unlocked that emote—yeah, I'd start playing her. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My first time playing Dva was in the random brawl last night, and she is super fun. The fact that you get two lives and you second life is super lethal was great. Just treat the mech as disposable to do some initial softening damage then go crazy with that pistol.