Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Man naito made moose look like a clown on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That O' Reilly vs Kushida match was a mighty nice main event, though

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah it was really good. The armbar counter to the apron knee was crazy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
ROH will make an announcement tomorrow about a new venue in New York City, following the various complaints made by fans about Terminal 5.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rovert posted:

ROH will make an announcement tomorrow about a new venue in New York City, following the various complaints made by fans about Terminal 5.

rovert i swear to loving god if you're wrong about this i will never forgive you

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bushiroad bought the manhattan center for them

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/743107616839204864

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thankfully I had one of the few good non-front row seats at War of the Worlds.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That place looks really cool when I see it full of people for wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jay White is debuting for ROH against Kamaitachi next weekend in north carolina

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Shame that's probably going to be right in the middle of the World Tag League as I'd go to it if there was going to be some decent NJPW representation. That venue owns for wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

Shame that's probably going to be right in the middle of the World Tag League as I'd go to it if there was going to be some decent NJPW representation. That venue owns for wrestling.

Sure go ahead and miss Tanahashi winning the ROH title.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I want them to do one of those roll call videos of past champs for the ROH title match at the dome next year like they do for iwgp title matches. also they should bring back that gimmick where hansen and race presented the iwgp and nwa title matches but with old man morishima. aight cya

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I want them to do one of those roll call videos of past champs for the ROH title match at the dome next year like they do for iwgp title matches. also they should bring back that gimmick where hansen and race presented the iwgp and nwa title matches but with old man morishima. aight cya

Only if they give proper respect to Xavier.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Silas and the Bruiser won Tag Wars and are gonna take the belts from the Addiction

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

Silas and the Bruiser won Tag Wars and are gonna take the belts from the Addiction

NJPW better book them for the WTL so I can get my Tanahashi vs. BCB dream match

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Beer City Bruiser is a gimmick created by Adam Ryland, I think.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

BCB is my Twitter buddy and I love him

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Liked both of Corino and BJ's recent promos. Both are under talked about. There's a fun cameo in Corino's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNrChTDQVtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SglimGjfjmw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

BCB is my Twitter buddy and I love him

He's the only guy who name searches in a cool way.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

donovan dijak name searches in a fun way

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
...was that Kevin fuckin' Sullivan?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wish you guys could see the Whitmer promo from the Columbus show because it was absolutely hilarious. The crowd was unbelievable making GBS threads on Whitmer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wish you guys could see the Whitmer promo from the Columbus show because it was absolutely hilarious. The crowd was unbelievable making GBS threads on Whitmer.

you haven't seen the crowd making GBS threads on a man until you watch the Drifter come out to wrestle Nakamura

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I thought we were bad in Toronto but now I really wanna see this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bj whitmer is the best in the industry at milking a negative crowd response

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought we were bad in Toronto but now I really wanna see this.

It was like 10 minutes long and every time he uttered a word, it would get loud as gently caress for like a minute, then calm down and as soon as he spoke again, he'd get poo poo on mercilessly. They finally gave up and just had him leave because the crowd was drowning out the audio.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJhJXp0H4Qo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sean Radican in the Torch this week:

quote:

Radican’s Analysis: I don’t understand why ROH is billing ROH World Champion Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe as the biggest rematch in the history of the company. The main issue here is that since losing the ROH World Title to Lethal, Jay Briscoe has had his push as a singles act pushed to the back burner. The Briscoes were embroiled in a feud with War Machine for the ROH World Tag Team Titles, which they lost. Coming out of the “Global Wars 2016” PPV, the Briscoes as a team and as singles acts both felt like cold commodities.

It would have made more sense for Colt Cabana to get a rematch at “Best in the World” after Bullet Club interrupted his match and beat him and Lethal down at the end of “Global Wars 2016. Instead, ROH booker Delirious has created a narrative out of thin air and granted Jay Briscoe a shot at the ROH World Title against Lethal with the tag line that this is the biggest rematch in the history of ROH.

Let’s take a look at Jay’s record as a singles wrestler in 2016. Jay Briscoes has had 26 matches so far this year. 21 of those matches were tag matches. For the remaining matches he was in two Six--Way matches, one Three-Way match, and two singles matches. Jay Briscoes won a Six-Way match over Silas Young Caprice Colman, Adam Page, Frankie Kazarian, and Will Ferrara and won a Three-Way match over Michael Elgin and Moose. He lost a Six-Way match to Jay Lethal that also featured Kyle O’Reilly, ACH, Roderick Strong, and Moose. In singles matches, Jay Briscoe has a record of 1-1. He has beaten Moose and most recently lost to Roderick Strong last weekend with an injury angle in play.

How can Delirious and Ring of Honor possibly expect fans to get excited about what is usually the biggest show of the year for ROH when the main event features a false narrative about a challenger that has been cold as ice in 2016 when it comes to the singles division in the company? With Cabana forced out of the title picture until after the PPV/TV taping weekend, fans are presented with the choice as to whether or not they want to pay nearly $50 with taxes included to watch the match.

Jay’s lone singles win in 2016 is over Moose. I won’t run down Moose’s record in singles matches in 2016, but more often than not, he loses in high-profile matches. Wins and losses traditionally have mattered in ROH, but here Delirious has booked the match the expectation that fans will throw all misgivings aside with the logic of Briscoe getting this opportunity because fans have been clamoring for his rematch against Lethal for nearly a year.

It’s highly doubtful that this PPV will generate a large number of buys for ROH. Briscoe simply isn’t someone at this stage that Delirious can quickly build up given how much he’s been cooled off as a singles act. It would be one thing if The Briscoes as a tag team were a red hot act and Briscoe had been dabbling in the singles scene for the last year picking up wins, but that hasn’t happened.

Another aspect of this storyline that falls short is that there’s been no tease of a Briscoe vs. Lethal rematch in major ROH storylines since Lethal captured the ROH World Title from Briscoe at “Best in the World 2015.” If Delirious had kept planting seeds in his storylines to make fans want to see this match for the last year, that would be one thing, but instead this match has been built up and presented out of thin year, which will likely cause fans to pass on the PPV since as of right now a strong second hook involving Bullet Club hasn’t been revealed.
[/quote]

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lethal/Briscoe reminds me of Cena/Orton in that I like both wrestlers quite a bit but hoooooooly poo poo nothing interests me less than them feuding.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The Champion vs. Champion match was great, but I didn't need to see the feud continue after that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, if you have his historic reign end against Briscoe it's a disappointment, and if Lethal wins again it's a pointless delayed rematch in a feud nobody wanted to continue. A headscratching decision either way

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

much like the WWE main event tomorrow I'm sure the match itself will be a very good worked representation of their company's main event style but I can't bring myself to care about it in the slightest.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More excited about a Lethal/Briscoe rematch than a Lethal/Cabana rematch.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah for all the complaints I pretty much always enjoy RoH even during Delirious admittedly not great booking period of late, but this is the first show in a long time I'm just not that interested in. Lethal/Briscoe just comes across like I'm playing TEW and three weeks before a big show I realize I've forgotten to establish a challenger so I just throw some poo poo at the wall and pretend it's a big deal. I've really enjoyed Lethal's title reign, but at this point just have Adam Cole kick his rear end if you're going to book the Bullet Club as a more serious heel threat instead of the basically comedy babyfaces they have been in RoH for awhile.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Does ROH have any big names with contracts coming up for renewal? I'm curious how much WWE would be able to raid them for talent, with the roster split incoming.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think Moose and Roddy are the only big ones until at least around Final Battle time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only thing I care about is the main event and big match BJ always brings it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
We want bj

Bj sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I really hope ROH sent a camera crew to follow the Briscoes in Japan because I'd pay good money to see them going about their day-to-day activities in that environment.

• Locked thread