Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

New Leaf posted:

What the hell, did Trunks forget how to go Super Saiyan?

He's obviously gotten so powerful that he's Super Cyan is now his base form. Hence the blue hair. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't really know the context behind it, but this page has that exact same picture of Trunks, but with his normal purple hair. The plot thickens.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Aurora posted:

All the Goten jokes would be good if Goten actually existed in Future Trunks land

That's a minor detail now that we have multiverses ON TOP OF alternative timelines.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kild posted:

Or maybe with Goku dead Pilaf + Gang wished for youth before hand?

This makes sense. If they had made their wish before the Androids showed up and the timelines diverged, then that would also explain why they didn't know that Shenron could grant more than 1 wish during RoF.
Would also mean that Shenron was a superdick and turned them into babies when they made the wish.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I seriously want it to be Goten now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Gruckles posted:

This makes sense. If they had made their wish before the Androids showed up and the timelines diverged, then that would also explain why they didn't know that Shenron could grant more than 1 wish during RoF.
Would also mean that Shenron was a superdick and turned them into babies when they made the wish.

At the very least, toddlers. But toddlers with all their memories intact. Plus Shuu is a dog man.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's bugging me that Trunks looks younger than he did in Z.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The animation seemed a lot... more good this episode. Was I imagining that?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

It's bugging me that Trunks looks younger than he did in Z.

Bulma and Videl both look younger than in their Z days too, so I think it's just the art style being a little different. Also, they made Future Trunks look a lot older in the anime than the manga after he came out of the Time Chamber, so it seems like they're going with the latter.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

where was goku keeping that cabbage? he acted like he pulled it out of his back pocket in the ramen scene

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I like how Goku and Vegeta had a new costume for all of one arc before going back to basics.. Vegeta in his Android/Cell era gear, Goku in what he's worn forever. Gotta sell those new statues!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hope it all ends with Future Trunks participating in that Xeno Tournament and wishing his world unfucked by the super dragon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rutibex posted:

Its obviously a 4th divergent timeline, not the exact same one as Cell Games Future Trunks.

Did you not watch the episode? He just stated he's going back in time to the Goku and them and bam flashbacks of the Cellgames and whatnot.

Granted I will give you, multiverse theory considering how the whole Cell thing happen in the first place. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 12, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fuego Fish posted:

It was okay, but there were some pretty bad shots of Future Bulma.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So now that Black Goku has revealed himself, where is our updated opening song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

So now that Black Goku has revealed himself, where is our updated opening song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

Hmm, why change the face of Gregory the Cricket to be black but not Bubbles the Monkey? I think this video is what the kids are calling "problematic"

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I have a feeling Future Mai isn't dead. She wouldn't be in the OP so much if she was just going to die in the first episode, right?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Pyroi posted:

I have a feeling Future Mai isn't dead. She wouldn't be in the OP so much if she was just going to die in the first episode, right?

Yeah there's something more going on with her for sure, they wouldn't do that just for a 1 episode fakeout

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I figure trunks drags her to the time machine somehow. Or maybe the kitten did.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the cat has its own time machine

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Maybe a second time machine shows up from a different timeline where Trunks died instead

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't wait for kid trunks, trunks from the future, and future trunks all get together to fight bloku

crisis on infinite trunks

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can't wait for kid trunks, trunks from the future, and future trunks all get together to fight bloku

crisis on infinite trunks

Guest starring Time Cop Trunks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Trunks has a time machine! He could go back in time like 5 hours and pick up his mom & Mai and also grab the newly finished time juice. He could even team up with himself to fight Black :black101:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised I didn't notice it myself, I had to read this on Kanzenshuu, but Goku's now farming for lettuce (previously, he farmed radishes, his brother's namesake). He's shown to farm lettuce on the episode his evil doppelganger appears.

There's a Saiyan named after lettuce, Turles. As in, Goku's non-canon evil doppelganger. That's clever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I liked the food parallels in general this week.

Goku and his friends farm all kinds of lettuce and carrots, have instant cooked meals with Beerus etc.

Trunks and Mai are glad to have something canned that isn't literal dog food.

Goku is the 1%.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

You're probably confused because Trunks flashes back to the events of Z and they use footage from that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

You're probably confused because Trunks flashes back to the events of Z and they use footage from that.

Hullo?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

New Leaf posted:

I like how Goku and Vegeta had a new costume for all of one arc before going back to basics.. Vegeta in his Android/Cell era gear, Goku in what he's worn forever. Gotta sell those new statues!

Goku's RoF gi was ugly though, I'm glad they changed it.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm surprised I didn't notice it myself, I had to read this on Kanzenshuu, but Goku's now farming for lettuce (previously, he farmed radishes, his brother's namesake). He's shown to farm lettuce on the episode his evil doppelganger appears.

There's a Saiyan named after lettuce, Turles. As in, Goku's non-canon evil doppelganger. That's clever.

Tree of Might isn't canon, unlike Broly and Janemba.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I liked Vegeta's new outfit though. It worked well with the new hair color.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Next episode looks like its gonna be good

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'd actually be really happy to see some of the non-canon characters and concepts show up in Super. Especially if it means more Saiyans.

I miss Vegeta's black battle gear. I liked Goku's new gi, as well.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
i have posted twice

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Black Goku is GT Goku having absorbed the Black Star Dragonballs and getting real mad he's no longer canon.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Isn't Black Goku's outfit the default saiyan outfit from Xenoverse?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Black Goku is GT Goku having absorbed the Black Star Dragonballs and getting real mad he's no longer canon.

GT disgusted the Omni-King so he destroyed that universe.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Nope, it's actually way better. Hope he puts it on soon. Vegeta is fine as is though

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the encounter between Kid Trunks and Future Trunks has been like 20 years in the making, I am very excited for next week

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Fuego Fish posted:

No. We're just so used to craptacular animation now that when it isn't blatantly ms paint drawn it looks better in comparison.

If Black doesn't turn out to be Goten I will be mildly miffed. That would be such a great twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Him bring Goten would be funny, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Why would he call himself Black Goku if he was?

• Locked thread