Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crain posted:

He's speaking at a Rally in NH today at 2:30pm EST. That's where the touted speech is happening. Initially it was going to just be a general rally with a stump about National Security/Foreign affairs, then he switched to the topic du jour.

I thought he was going to go over the Clinton scandals today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

A Winner is Jew posted:

He was, but clearly talking about how right he is about the mooslem threat is good for his polls.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Maybe.

Either way it's going to be 15 minutes of hate now.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Franco Potente posted:

In a thread packed to the brim with shitposts, this dark horse candidate takes it.

Are you interested in trying to make a counter-argument (hell, I don't even care if you load it down with ad-hominems; go for it), or are you just after a giddy little moment of power by acting as a self-appointed enforcer for the forum's consensus opinion?

Because cheerleading is the worst kind of shitposting.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Liberal_L33t posted:

Are you interested in trying to make a counter-argument (hell, I don't even care if you load it down with ad-hominems; go for it), or are you just after a giddy little moment of power by acting as a self-appointed enforcer for the forum's consensus opinion?

You suck.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Liberal_L33t posted:

muslims are very nice people, i've met quite a few of them, and it seems a bit silly to to imply the whole religion is categorically evil

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Liberal_L33t posted:

Actually you're a known bigot, so people should disparage your rather than pretend anything you say is valid.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ElrondHubbard posted:

What if a major root cause of these incidents is the fetishism of deadly weapons? Should we not address that?

I doubt that it is. Most of the weapon fetishism I've seen is along the lines of insisting that weapons are a causitive factor in violence.

I'd love to see any evidence that this may be the case, though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Liberal_L33t posted:

Muslim Americans are more accepting of the LBGT community than most Christian Americans? :shrug:

But I'm sure your Camp/Deport plan will work wonders.

LeJackal posted:

I doubt that it is. Most of the weapon fetishism I've seen is along the lines of insisting that weapons are a causitive factor in violence.

A significant factor, to be sure. But considering you'll say anything to rush to the defense of GUNZ...

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Liberal_L33t posted:

Mr Trump, we already asked you to delete your account

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Muslim Americans are more accepting of the LBGT community than most Christian Americans? :shrug:

Can you post that poll or source, please? I'd like to be able to link it in better detail elsethread.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Liberal_L33t posted:

The First Amendment? We can't start imposing restrictions on Islam because we have freedom of religion.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Zelder posted:

muslims are very nice people, i've met quite a few of them, and it seems a bit silly to to imply the whole religion is categorically evil

There's a Middle Eastern / Halal foods store at the end of my block, run by and caters to the large local Muslim population.

I went to get some bananas this morning, they had a "WE STAND WITH ORLANDO" banner over the entrance.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Zelder posted:

A lot of white supremacists in small towns out in rural Texas or whereverthefuck are very nice people, I've met quite a few of them too. Their subscribing to one bad ideology doesn't mean they are completely, or even mostly, bad people. They aren't morally culpable for subscribing to an ideology they've grown up surrounded by. That doesn't change the fact that belief in the innate superiority of one skin color over another is always a negative influence.

Likewise, belief that Islamic scripture is the literal truth and that it overrides the validity of all other moral reasoning is always a negative influence. Otherwise nice people who subscribe to that belief would be nicer if they abandoned it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
What I'm trying to say is, ban them all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Houston Chronicle has a slideshow of 50 front pages and how they chose to frame the issue, very interesting.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

WampaLord posted:

The First Amendment? We can't start imposing restrictions on Islam because we have freedom of religion.

There's been enough talk of repealing the 2nd, why stop there?

Might as well put the 4th out of its misery too, after its been so thoroughly gutted.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Pellisworth posted:

I went to get some bananas this morning, they had a "WE STAND WITH ORLANDO" banner over the entrance.
Missed opportunity to say "STANDO" imo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

LeJackal posted:

There's been enough talk of repealing the 2nd, why stop there?

Might as well put the 4th out of its misery too, after its been so thoroughly gutted.

because the second is the only cancerous one, OP.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

WampaLord posted:

The first amendment doesn't say that religious leaders and institutions should be immune to criticism in the media, which seems to be the consensus position of this thread, and the position that I'm arguing against.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Liberal_L33t posted:

The first amendment doesn't say that religious leaders and institutions should be immune to criticism in the media, which seems to be the consensus position of this thread, and the position that I'm arguing against.

There's a difference between 'Criticism' and 'Let's round them up, put them in camps, and deport them'

Oh and between 'Criticism' and 'Painting all Muslims with Broad Strokes'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Liberal_L33t posted:

Oh, so your solution is for us to just bash the gently caress out of Radical Islamic Terrorists in the media and that will solve the problem by....doing what exactly?

Cause in my mind, it would just piss off more Muslims.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Missed opportunity to say "STANDO" imo

heh you could also pun on "stan" because they are Muslims, get it

We "Stan"-do with Orlando

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

While we're at it can we make the 3rd and 14th amendments swap places?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Crain posted:

He's speaking at a Rally in NH today at 2:30pm EST. That's where the touted speech is happening. Initially it was going to just be a general rally with a stump about National Security/Foreign affairs, then he switched to the topic du jour.
Time to start a list of the things he's probably going to say:
  • I was right
  • Crooked Hillary said "radical Islam" because of me
  • I'm always right
  • Banning all Muslims from entering the country isn't enough, let's get even tougher (somehow)
  • I'm the rightest guy there is
Things he probably isn't going to say:
  • Anything even vaguely approaching sympathy for the victims

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
More guns = less violence

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

emdash posted:

because the second is the only cancerous one, OP.

Naw, its fine.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

More guns = less violence

I don't think there is a casual connection.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Liberal_L33t posted:

you like to pretend islam is immune to criticism because it's too emotionally painful to confront the fact that your bigotry is widely rejected and detested

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Pellisworth posted:

heh you could also pun on "stan" because they are Muslims, get it

We "Stan"-do with Orlando

This would be good for a place that sold Afghans

"Buy an afghan-and-stando with Orlando", the marketing writes itself

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Reminder most of the people who wrote the constitution did not invisage it lasting very long, and also that the context of which the second amendment was dreamed up was pretty radically different from today.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Reminder most of the people who wrote the constitution did not invisage it lasting very long, and also that the context of which the second amendment was dreamed up was pretty radically different from today.

Same for the other amendments, though, right?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

• I was right
  • I'm always right
  • Banning all Muslims from entering the country isn't enough, let's get even tougher (somehow)

what happened was very tragic, I love the gays, they're wonderful people and I have many many gay supporters

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

More significant is that other countries don't have it and their leading cause of death isn't "home invasion" like we apparently think it would be here

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

B-b-b-but we all know democrats don't want to ban guns... they want common sense gun control!

Just gonna interrupt the pearl clutching about how unsafe we all are with some armed minorities since they make both conservatives and bougie liberals uncomfortable:

https://twitter.com/SebastiaNavarra/status/742086951583514628

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's a living document which means if you change it in any way it will die.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

• I was right
  • I'm always right

He's on a teleprompter so it's going to be an extremely boring recitation of GOP party talking points.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

CommieGIR posted:

A significant factor, to be sure. But considering you'll say anything to rush to the defense of GUNZ...

Evangelical Christians (I.E. the worst kind of christian) do not equate to "Christian Americans".

But that doesn't even matter because the specific percentages of an American demographic who do or don't support X/Y/Z policy aren't the last word on this. The majority radicalism in other parts of the world has unavoidable collateral effects in the west (and again, if you look at aggregate global opinion polls, a majority of the world's muslims do have really, really horrible political opinions even in comparison to right wingers in western nations). Saying that "Islam has absolutely nothing to do with incidents like this" just gives ammunition to radical clerics who want to shut down all criticism of any aspect of Islamic practices and try to intimidate journalists into silence.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zoux posted:

He's on a teleprompter so it's going to be an extremely boring recitation of GOP party talking points.

So he will still be saying horrible things, just in a boring way.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LeJackal posted:

Same for the other amendments, though, right?

Actually, yes. The document was never really intended to be bound in stone and even if it were, it's not like the people who wrote it were 100% right about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Last time he made frequent asides. That's where he'll say something truly offensive today.

• Locked thread