Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That is some tepid clapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Anyone getting some weird audio issues streaming this on Microsoft Edge?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

smackfu posted:

That is some tepid clapping.

These have been some tepid "announcements".. for the most part.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This giant LIBRARY at the top of the Music app looks really out of place. It's like a weird hybrid of Apple's UI and Microsoft's Metro Modern.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

This is so painful to watch

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I tuned in at the absolute worst possible time OMG.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
I literally had to look away

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I have never been more uncomfortable in my life than I am right now

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Kill me please. Yeah, let the black woman dance it up...

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
*cringe*

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Weedle posted:

I have never been more uncomfortable in my life than I am right now

Cook interacting with U2 was pretty bad, but at least it didn't last as long as this trainwreck

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The Apple Music redesign just left me confused. I'm not sure they improved it at all. Maybe I'll have to get my hands on it to judge..

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

So I switched from Apple Music to Spotify about two-ish months ago. This definitely didn't persuade me to switch back at all.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Yay, it's NEWZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
iOS 10, still no true modernization of the keyboard. smdh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love the idea of the homekit, but I can't afford all this stuff.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is he just going to leave that delivery guy standing there? :ohdear:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Countdown until someone exploits the VOIP API to access the phone from the lock screen.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Bigger emoji.

Pulse of the nation.

TAP TAP TAP TAP EMOJIFY

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Emojify sounds like an SNL skit.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My inner 14 year old girl is loving hyped at the emoji scan and replace.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Great for sexting.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sending dickpicks just went next level with invisible ink

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm divorcing you *animated fireworks background*

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The sound mixer needs to bring up Imran's mic.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Can my Apple Computer remember what I was just listening to on my Apple iPhone using Apple Music yet? Why did rdio have this feature down pat across platforms and devices like 3 years ago but none of the current contenders can manage it?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This emoji thing is officially going to mark the point where I became an old man. I am flabbergasted that this is a thing that is happening in a major keynote.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

prom candy posted:

Can my Apple Computer remember what I was just listening to on my Apple iPhone using Apple Music yet? Why did rdio have this feature down pat across platforms and devices like 3 years ago but none of the current contenders can manage it?

RIP Rdio, too beautiful for this world. Towards the end their app quality really took a nosedive but for a while there it was the best one around.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Martytoof posted:

This emoji thing is officially going to mark the point where I became an old man. I am flabbergasted that this is a thing that is happening in a major keynote.

Ten years ago I would have said you were crazy if you told me that dimming your house lights with your phone would be a thing anyone gave a gently caress about, but here we are.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Martytoof posted:

Flabbergasted? lol okay.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

prom candy posted:

My biggest thing is that the "hey siri, what is this song?" shazam-like feature doesn't have any way to recall.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

Flabbergasted? lol okay.

No I'm totally serious. BIGGER EMOJI! EMOJIFICATION! It's just beyond me :P

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Martytoof posted:

My biggest thing is that the "hey siri, what is this song?" shazam-like feature doesn't have any way to recall.

You can actually get a list of past Siri-detected songs if you look at your wish list in iTunes on the desktop. I've never tried to access it in the iTunes Store on iOS so I'm not sure whether it's available there as well.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Weedle posted:

You can actually get a list of past Siri-detected songs if you look at your wish list in iTunes on the desktop. I've never tried to access it in the iTunes Store on iOS so I'm not sure whether it's available there as well.

Really? I wish they'd made that obvious at some point.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
They've really ripped open the API on some of their major apps. This is a cool and good decision.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
It is an amazing time to be a 14-year-old girl.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Some of this stuff feels like a reaction to Telegram, Line, etc. But then this API poo poo is really cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I use the messenger service that the person I'm talking to uses and that probably won't change, but it's cool to see messages get as feature-rich as Facebook messenger and snapchat.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
There was a rumour that iMessage would be launching on Android, but it looks like they're past the portion of the talk where they would mention that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Martytoof posted:

I am disappointed they didn't buy Bitmoji or launch their own version of it.