Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Geight posted:

..are they still filling it with like NPC dudes?

Probably not because it isn't an XB1 exclusive any more so there will be plenty of actual humans to play against now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Can you disable DLC maps yet?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah just play with goons because there's always that one idiot without a season pass so you never play the good new maps.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
always that one guy who finally took the lesson that is every cod dlc ever to heart and didn't get the season pass*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah just play with goons because there's always that one idiot without a season pass so you never play the good new maps.

Hey I resent that! I was told not to buy the new maps!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's me, the guy that doesn't buy map packs.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
don't buy the map packs

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Map pack 2 is legitimately good and gently caress everyone who didn't buy it. I can understand the complaints about the first one but 2 has legit good maps in it.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Patch notes for today's download are up:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Updates-for-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-on-PlayStation-4

RIP Marshal. Glad I got you dark mattered before they did this. :-)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Optics got nerfed, wonder how much. RIP Varix

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Nice to see them working on the groups beta seven months after release.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Thank God, the MR6 reclaims its throne.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Now I guess the Marshal's meh now. Woo.

Also wait, Eclipse maps rolled into the regular lists? gently caress, I need the DLC now don't I.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinite Warfare on E3 right now.

:lol: it's going to be poo poo.

And VR.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Man, they really want to recreate the magic of the CoD4 AC-130 mission, but in space.

EDIT: if you preorder on PS4, you get to replay the CoD4 campaign 30 days early. Looks like not even a digital preorder is needed, a physical preorder will do for "select retailers."

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 14, 2016

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Lobby leaderboards aren't working properly since the patch :<

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Man I just got the Marshall.

To boot it's loving headshots and not one-hit kills :argh:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Obese Janissary posted:

Lobby leaderboards aren't working properly since the patch :<

Yeah and it loving SUCKS

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Man I just got the Marshall.

To boot it's loving headshots and not one-hit kills :argh:

It's always been head shots.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I meant that it's a pain in the rear end because they just nerfed it and it'll take forever to dark matter as compared to if it were treated like the secondary weapon Argus it behaves like.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like we got two new melee weapons, a new energy pistol, and a new shotgun in the black market.

Ghostlight posted:

I meant that it's a pain in the rear end because they just nerfed it and it'll take forever to dark matter as compared to if it were treated like the secondary weapon Argus it behaves like.

I did it in hardcore and it took a day to get dark matter on it. Mind you I haven't played since they nerfed it, but from what I've read it's just range and it's not that big of a difference.

housefly fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

housefly posted:

Looks like we got two new melee weapons, a new energy pistol, and a new shotgun in the black market.

I did it in hardcore and it took a day to get dark matter on it. Mind you I haven't played since they nerfed it, but from what I've read it's just range and it's not that big of a difference.
It's an energy slug shotty that has travel time.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the shotgun is goofy as hell, I love it

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'm hoping to get it. I have a ton of points saved up. Ps4 crew: I'll be online tonight around 10 or 10:30 eastern assuming my game update downloaded successfully last night.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the new dressups are pretty good too, there's a Seraph one that is super rad looking

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mill Village posted:

Titanfall 2's MP is looking pretty awesome.

I went to the EA Play e3 public event in LA yesterday and was able to play several rounds of Titanfall 2. The game is super fun and they made a lot of smart changes to the core mechanics that seemed to improve from what they had on the first game. The grappling hook is super fun to use and compliments the first games stellar parkour mechanics nicely. You can use it to hook onto titans and rodeo a lot easier or if you're falling use it to give yourself momentum to swing yourself under bridges, or you can even hook onto enemies and pull them in for a melee. The biggest thing I noticed right away was how different the radar was from TF1, enemy fire doesn't show up as radar blips and now you only get ticks in the general direction of enemy fire, a good improvement in my opinion since the silencer was OP previously.

The Titan combat is still a lot of fun, my titan had this super charged laser that fires from your titan's chest that eviscerates anything in it's path, I was able to take out two titans with a single laser blast. Also Titan executions go into third person, they look really good, Ion (the Titan I think I was using) would do some melee attack and jam it's gigantic gun into the enemy cockpit and dump, a big gently caress yeah moment. There were only 2 Titan classes available to play but there's going to be a total of 6.

I was only able to pick from 3 different precreated classes but judging by the open slots it looks like there's a lot more variance and options to the weapons and equipment from the first one, anti-titan weapons for example have attachment slots (for the demo build it was just extended mags). From the different videos they were showing outside in the lounge area it looks like they are going to have a lot of different Titan and pilot skins, and if I were to guess probably different animations for Titan executions to go along with the included third person perspective. Just from what I played it seemed to have a lot more depth to it and they weren't showing all the weapons and titans, it's like an answer to everyone's complaints from the first one.

I know this is the cod thread but saw the TF2 chat from the other day and wanted to chime in.

But on a related note, hey that Infinite Warfare campaign demo looked pretty cool. If there's more to it I might end up picking it up after all?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
does it still have bots or is it all PVP now?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Any word on what the contracts are ?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

sba posted:

does it still have bots or is it all PVP now?

Still had bots, particularly the mode they were showing off had AI grunts and titans as objectives to kill to score points along with enemy players.

They did announce they will have mods without bots, but TF1 had a mode with no bots and was 9 on 9 or something like that with no Titans, was boring and a campfest IMO.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They also had Last Titan Standing which was no bots and everyone started in a titan. It was also boring.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

A theme for today. Because yeah.

Also I suck rear end at Gun Game whodathunk.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
https://www.twitch.tv/tekneticc

Watch bad goons play search.

teknetik fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 15, 2016

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Any word on what the contracts are ?

daily is get 10k points, weekly is 20 wins and 50k points.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I opened forty boxes from the points I'd saved and the leftover and I got literally one weapon I didn't have and it was an old one. Back to the grind it is...

Edit: ambien is a hell of a drug and the rift is a hell of a pistol. I also got that buzz saw thing but haven't tried it yet because I need to sleep.

housefly fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 15, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I went to the EA Play e3 public event in LA yesterday and was able to play several rounds of Titanfall 2. The game is super fun and they made a lot of smart changes to the core mechanics that seemed to improve from what they had on the first game. The grappling hook is super fun to use and compliments the first games stellar parkour mechanics nicely. You can use it to hook onto titans and rodeo a lot easier or if you're falling use it to give yourself momentum to swing yourself under bridges, or you can even hook onto enemies and pull them in for a melee. The biggest thing I noticed right away was how different the radar was from TF1, enemy fire doesn't show up as radar blips and now you only get ticks in the general direction of enemy fire, a good improvement in my opinion since the silencer was OP previously.

The Titan combat is still a lot of fun, my titan had this super charged laser that fires from your titan's chest that eviscerates anything in it's path, I was able to take out two titans with a single laser blast. Also Titan executions go into third person, they look really good, Ion (the Titan I think I was using) would do some melee attack and jam it's gigantic gun into the enemy cockpit and dump, a big gently caress yeah moment. There were only 2 Titan classes available to play but there's going to be a total of 6.

I was only able to pick from 3 different precreated classes but judging by the open slots it looks like there's a lot more variance and options to the weapons and equipment from the first one, anti-titan weapons for example have attachment slots (for the demo build it was just extended mags). From the different videos they were showing outside in the lounge area it looks like they are going to have a lot of different Titan and pilot skins, and if I were to guess probably different animations for Titan executions to go along with the included third person perspective. Just from what I played it seemed to have a lot more depth to it and they weren't showing all the weapons and titans, it's like an answer to everyone's complaints from the first one.

I know this is the cod thread but saw the TF2 chat from the other day and wanted to chime in.

But on a related note, hey that Infinite Warfare campaign demo looked pretty cool. If there's more to it I might end up picking it up after all?

Is it slower then the original? I heard it got slowed down a bit to help more casual players get into it.

Not sure how I feel about the radar change. It sounds like Destiny's radar.

Infinite Warfare looks interesting. I don't understand why people hate it so much. It looks way better then Ghosts and BO3's campaigns.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Christ I can't imagine Titanfall being slower than it already is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

Is it slower then the original? I heard it got slowed down a bit to help more casual players get into it.

Not sure how I feel about the radar change. It sounds like Destiny's radar.

Infinite Warfare looks interesting. I don't understand why people hate it so much. It looks way better then Ghosts and BO3's campaigns.

Traversal is slow, or TTK?

The radar is what Ghost Recon used to use in the PC days.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Mill Village posted:

It looks kinda boring and doesn't have co-op to save it from being boring. BO3's campaign was cool because it was a Ghost in the Shell story you could play with your buddies, making it better than the actual Ghost in the Shell game they recently released.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hey guys, just got this one sale on PS4 and I haven't played COD since Bloops 1. Any tips and/or tricks? Anything I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah I couldn't give a poo poo about MW's wall breaching scene but in space, or slow-as-gently caress floaty zero g combat. I certainly don't give a poo poo about redoing BO3's jet sequence over and over again.

• Locked thread