Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Clearly this is Charlotte getting it on with Femto after they get married. You people that think it's Casca, yeah you're just obsessed with that part of the Eclipse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Serious Frolicking posted:

Cutting the eclipse seems like it would be a pretty good idea for a musou game. Spending all that effort on a scene where Guts didn't have a giant sword and helplessly flailed around seems kind of dumb.

Oh well, I'm not really big on that kind of game anyway.

They can have a stage where you fight guts' arm, it's okay.

Bigger question is, will this ever see an english release?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nuebot posted:

The One Piece musou games have had English localizations so almost certainly. The actual question is will it be a digital only deal or a proper physical release (and thus having a dub)?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

:cawg:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Genocyber posted:

The One Piece musou games have had English localizations so almost certainly. The actual question is will it be a digital only deal or a proper physical release (and thus having a dub)?

We also got the Fist of the North Star musou. Berserk seems like a shoo-in.

I just hope it's more like Dragon Quest Heroes or Hyrule Warriors and less like Ken's Rage, which was terrible.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I hope the One Piece musou 3 team gets it. That game played really well and was a lot of fun.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i hope doctor donovan can help me with my back pain

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Nuebot posted:

mash square to chop off arm

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

On the one hand, that's a pretty cost-effective trailer that takes one of the horrifying and iconic moments of the series.

On the other hand it's really gross and musou games are about slashing dudes, not demon rape. And out of context the Caska thing is gratuitous.

Also I'm ok with them skipping Lost Children. It was a nice arc but it doesn't propel the story that far forward and Rosine is naked the whole time which would be kinda uncomfortable for a lot of people.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lost Children is one of the best arcs and I'm mad that they're skipping it.

:mad:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The trailer's really only good for people who are already familiar with the series. Which imo makes it a bad trailer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nuebot posted:

The last Musou game that didn't get a western release was SW Chronicles 2 on 3DS, which was only a minor update from the first game. Before that it was a PS3 port of a Wii game.
The likelihood of us not getting it is very slim.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just to refresh my memory, the anime airing next month is 24 episodes solely dedicated to the Black Swordsman Arc, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eej posted:

Just to refresh my memory, the anime airing next month is 24 episodes solely dedicated to the Black Swordsman Arc, right?

No, tower of conviction.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Okay thanks. It's really confusing since every promo material says Black Swordsman Arc but then I remembered Farnese is in the trailer and so that makes sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never really liked the black swordsman stuff aside from lost children anyway. guts going all doom guy is better in small quantities.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I know that people like the Lost Children arc, but having your protagonist covered in dead baby blood and leaving a trail of dismembered children in his wake would probably be a little too much for 1980s Japan, to say nothing of modern day

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

muike posted:

The trailer's really only good for people who are already familiar with the series. Which imo makes it a bad trailer.

On the other hand, this game is made precisely for people who recognise it from that and isn't going to have a huge market outside of those regardless of what they tease it with. I still think it's not a good choice at all, but I think it served its intended purpose very well.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Serious Frolicking posted:

i never really liked the black swordsman stuff aside from lost children anyway. guts going all doom guy is better in small quantities.
Small quantities, like 8hr animated. It would be so awesome. And is the whole fucken reason he cares about Casca the way he does in the next arc.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I know that people like the Lost Children arc, but having your protagonist covered in dead baby blood and leaving a trail of dismembered children in his wake would probably be a little too much for 1980s Japan, to say nothing of modern day
Because it's definitely better to go with a story about using a wheel to dismember starving people, especially if they have the plague, and better still to have a primary female lead who gets excited by toasting people and seeing their breasts literally ripped off.

Yeah, there's no comparison.

Happy people will never understand the dark side, but they can grasp religiously driven torture. Oh. Whell.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

On the other hand, this game is made precisely for people who recognise it from that and isn't going to have a huge market outside of those regardless of what they tease it with. I still think it's not a good choice at all, but I think it served its intended purpose very well.

I dunno, I think a good number of non-Berserk fans who are Dynasty Warriors fans could be convinced to buy it pretty easy if you just show Guts killing 100 dudes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
just chalk it up to their marketing department being gross. no one plays musou games for the story.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's weird they wouldnt show guts killign 10000000s of footsoldiers. dynasty warrior games actually seem like they were made for berserk. it's a lot more natural to have guts doing that than to have a gundam exploding waves and waves of zakus

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Guts has fought tons of regular soldiers, elite soldiers, trolls, ganishka's monsters, pirates made of tentacles, and a shitload of different bosses. Pad out each type into a few levels and the game practically writes itself. But no, they gotta be weird about it.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
They're building suspense by providing character motivation. :pseudo:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

They probably don't have all those assets finished yet. Whereas making a model of Caska and rigging up some tentacles is much easier to do fast.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Could I take playing through potentially another retelling of the Golden Age if the gameplay is good and there's lots of monster slaying after a hopefully brief trip through the Eclipse? I just want a good Berserk kill em all game. Just show off a few characters killing poo poo and I'll buy it. It doesn't have to recapture the best looking stills that Mirua pumped out, just make the killing fun.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

For gently caress's sake guys, it was just the first teaser. There is going to be a proper trailer that shows off fighting a million dudes and/or skeletons and/or rape horses later.

I'm looking forward to there being other playable characters, probably from Guts' current party but also maybe even like Skull Knight or Zodd. Musou games usually have a bevy of them, though Berserk will probably be on the lower end, more like Dragon Quest Heroes than any given Dynasty Warriors or One Piece Pirate Warriors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you have a teaser trailer for a Berserk game that doesn't involve a big loving sword you are doing it wrong

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Spoiler for those with weak stomachs.

Conclusion: We arrive at Elf Island. They start the memory recovery process and it immediately flashes out to the Eclipse, Casca slumped on dead bodies. She opens her eyes lying on the ground after getting raped only to realize that the entire story was her imagining Guts saving her. Guts is slowly devoured as she screams, but suddenly there's no noise despite her mouth being wide open; the last thing we see is her looking down at her own body being dismembered by Griffith, as he tosses limbs like little doggie treats to the surrounding apostles, finishing by ripping off her brand, kissing it tenderly, then reaching down and tossing her last eye into a set of razor sharp teeth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
haw haw, you went through the trouble of writing that. i write walls of text about shounen fighting manga mechanics and i still think that is pathetic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah yes the ever popular 'it was a dream all along' ending

People love that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sakurazuka posted:

Ah yes the ever popular 'it was a dream all along' ending

People love that

Also grim for the sake of grim, like a parody.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Spoiler for those with weak stomachs.

Conclusion: We arrive at Elf Island. They start the memory recovery process and it immediately flashes out to the Eclipse, Casca slumped on dead bodies. She opens her eyes lying on the ground after getting raped only to realize that the entire story was her imagining Guts saving her. Guts is slowly devoured as she screams, but suddenly there's no noise despite her mouth being wide open; the last thing we see is her looking down at her own body being dismembered by Griffith, as he tosses limbs like little doggie treats to the surrounding apostles, finishing by ripping off her brand, kissing it tenderly, then reaching down and tossing her last eye into a set of razor sharp teeth.
The Aristocrats!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ccs posted:

They probably don't have all those assets finished yet. Whereas making a model of Caska and rigging up some tentacles is much easier to do fast.

I wonder if/how you put that on your resume.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

rapeface posted:

I wonder if/how you put that on your resume.

-Character modeler/rigging for [game title]: Caska
Put it on a pedestal and spin it a few times for your demo reel.

-VFX Animator for [game title] teaser trailer.
Then slap the teaser on your reel.

People modeled, textured, rigged, and animated a big floppy blue penis for Dr. Manhattan. That was on multiple people's demo reels that year.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

it's weird they wouldnt show guts killign 10000000s of footsoldiers. dynasty warrior games actually seem like they were made for berserk. it's a lot more natural to have guts doing that than to have a gundam exploding waves and waves of zakus

Guts only fights 100 of footsoldiers.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Laputanmachine posted:

Puck: It's me Guts! It was me all along, Guts!

Isidro: Aw, sonuvabitch!
Ivalera: WHAT?

Puck: You all bought it, hook, line and sinker! Even that old granny in the woods bought it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.play-asia.com/berserk-musou-starting-from-the-golden-age-famitsu-interview-translated/5f/747x1

The game starts at the Golden Age and goes past it, Black Swordsman Guts fights with more finesse than the GA version.

The game is near to completion apparently. More details in the next Famitsu.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Andrigaar posted:

-Character modeler/rigging for [game title]: Caska
Put it on a pedestal and spin it a few times for your demo reel.

-VFX Animator for [game title] teaser trailer.
Then slap the teaser on your reel.

People modeled, textured, rigged, and animated a big floppy blue penis for Dr. Manhattan. That was on multiple people's demo reels that year.

I would love to have a giant floppy dong on my resume because that's hilarious especially if someone hires you because of your impressive dong.

Anyway I wonder if the game will let us play as rape horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I would love to have a giant floppy dong on my resume because that's hilarious especially if someone hires you because of your impressive dong.

Anyway I wonder if the game will let us play as rape horse.

i doubt that you really wonder that