Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The problem with Kench at his current state of balance is that all of the matchups he's good in you're better off just picking Morgana or Janna for better pick potential or extra utility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He's pretty funny top lane against Tryndamere. IDK if top lane tryndamere is even a thing outside some bad pugs though.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Promo game # 1: Our support goes Sion with Flash/Clairvoyance, starts 2 rejuv beads, then buys 3 more because he "likes health regen." Final score 0/12/0
Promo game # 2: Our jungler dies in a solo invade....twice. ADC accidentally takes the kill on his leash. Jg AFK's.

Somehow silver is already worse than bronze.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

He's pretty funny top lane against Tryndamere. IDK if top lane tryndamere is even a thing outside some bad pugs though.

trynd is pretty strong at all elos because he scales well and demands attention

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i demand attention - marc merrill

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trynd is better than olaf at worse elos because nobody is going to save their CC for him, and worse than olaf at higher ELOs because everyone is going to save their CC for him/kite him

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Getting the urge to get back into this, but I've been away for literally years, and don't remember much of what I did learn back in the day.

What's a good way to dip my toe back in the LoL waters? Any of the free heroes this week particularly good to try out?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

LegalPad posted:

silver feels terrible because it's just an extension of bronze but with heavier delusion. enjoy

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

trynd is better than olaf at worse elos because nobody is going to save their CC for him, and worse than olaf at higher ELOs because everyone is going to save their CC for him/kite him

he also doesn't call people chickens or have a gap closer where he does a sick 1080 through terrain

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ghost of Starman posted:

Getting the urge to get back into this, but I've been away for literally years, and don't remember much of what I did learn back in the day.

What's a good way to dip my toe back in the LoL waters? Any of the free heroes this week particularly good to try out?

Lux is probably a decent mid champion to wet your feet with. Play safe, use the massive range on your E to poke and CS when needed, and get back into the swing of things.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tired Moritz posted:

I love Tahm, too bad playing him in support feels so weird, considering that best poke is w but doing so steals your partner's cs.

Jungle Tahm is so comfy

Wait Jungle Tahm is still a thing? I thought that wasn't a thing anymore!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Tahm kench sucks at every role, don't play him

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

LegalPad posted:

Promo game # 1: Our support goes Sion with Flash/Clairvoyance, starts 2 rejuv beads, then buys 3 more because he "likes health regen." Final score 0/12/0
Promo game # 2: Our jungler dies in a solo invade....twice. ADC accidentally takes the kill on his leash. Jg AFK's.

Clairvoyance hasn't been in the game for years at this point, maybe there is a reason your having trouble climbing besides the support sions.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Clairvoyance got removed on Sunmoner's Rift at the of last year. It was too good for this world, RIP.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He probably meant clarity and you guys probably knew that but were looking to make a sick burn

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I thought both CV and Clarity were banned from SR now? I remember running Clarity on various cheese lanes with my friend so we could just dump a ton of nukes and rejuice over and over. That poo poo wasn't good but it was hilarious. Mid laners especially were always just really happy to all the sudden get a full mana bar back.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
clarity is aram only now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fluffdaddy posted:

He probably meant clarity and you guys probably knew that but were looking to make a sick burn

Noice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funfact, if you go to the spells page in the client clarity is actually listed as

Available Game Modes: , , Aram,

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I actually enjoyed using CV from time to time in select situations*. It seems you are the jerk for assuming my lament was not sincere. Sad!

*very select with the addition of Sightstone and trinkets throughout the years

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Fluffdaddy posted:

this drat sion took flash/clarity in my aram promos :mad:

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

LegalPad posted:

Lux is probably a decent mid champion to wet your feet with. Play safe, use the massive range on your E to poke and CS when needed, and get back into the swing of things.

Nice - I'll check her out.

One thing I never quite got the hang of - what's the etiquette re: calling lanes/jungle with pick-up groups? Like if you pick a champion with the intention of going mid but your teammates refuse to move and quite possibly don't speak any human language.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This one's devoted to you, bond

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ghost of Starman posted:

One thing I never quite got the hang of - what's the etiquette re: calling lanes/jungle with pick-up groups? Like if you pick a champion with the intention of going mid but your teammates refuse to move and quite possibly don't speak any human language.
you don't have to worry about that anymore my man. godspeed.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This one's devoted to you, bond

why do you have 60% cdr

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NTT posted:

why do you have 60% cdr
he has every sheen item

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Clairvoyance hasn't been in the game for years at this point, maybe there is a reason your having trouble climbing besides the support sions.

Clarity I mean. The blue one that gives mana.

I'm moving up about 1 division per week pretty much, but I keep getting promo games where an ally forgets smite/masteries or D/C's or whatever other act of God as far as my participation is concerned and its super frustrating. The Sion support with 5 rejuv beads is the kind of crap that continuously happens.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 14, 2016

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LegalPad posted:

Clarity I mean. The blue one that gives mana.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 13, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

post the match history, smash mouth

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Haha JFC. It was the blue icon. Must have been cleanse.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm guessing he mistook Cleanse, which has a similar look.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ghost of Starman posted:

Just make sure you do Draft Pick and you simply select 2 roles that you would want to play. The roles are assigned when players join champ select.
Blind Pick is where people literally call out roles and it's always been a mess because of multiple people auto-locking for the same role.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I would feel great shame if I got that sort of minute incorrect. The same shame I would have for using the word minute incorrectly.

Jesus christ this game has esoteric systems

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LegalPad posted:

Haha JFC. It was the blue icon. Must have been cleanse.

rabidsquid posted:

post the match history, smash mouth

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

As a guy who has played a lot of top lane with Tahm Kench my current advice on playing him is: don't. The last couple rounds of nerf made him extraordinarily weak. Stacks falling off faster actually ruined his early play pattern since stacks now has a lower duration than Tongue Lash's CD (now 5 and 6, previously 7 and 6) before CDR. Coupled with a 2% flat nerf to all ranks of his ult passive he now has no meaningful spikes throughout the game. So instead of his old aim to live until 6 and then try to apply pressure (or at least be able to trade) he's now just a non-threatening blob of HP.

henkman posted:

Tahm kench sucks at every role, don't play him

Regarding Trynd,

exethan posted:

trynd is pretty strong at all elos because he scales well and demands attention
This is pretty accurate. There are some matchups where he struggles early but can simply out-scale, but Tahm Kench is certainly not one of them.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Screeching about Yasuo being banned...

He's picked Vayne mid. Scoreboard.jpg will come after the match.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Warmachine posted:

Screeching about Yasuo being banned...

He's picked Vayne mid. Scoreboard.jpg will come after the match.

Yasuo players are all like this.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

LegalPad posted:

Silver 2/1 is probably the worst elo because it's full of people just on the cusp of getting their Gold rewards. They rage faster, AFK faster, and tilt harder the closer it comes to end-season rewards. It's miserable, because even if you're succeeded you're then met with a bunch of Gold players who got their end of season rewards and are pretty indifferent to how games turn out.

Once you're in mid-gold though it starts to get easier to climb. Kinda.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

From everything I've personally observed from friends and read it seems that high plat is the worst elo because it's full of people convinced they deserve diamond and that nothing is their fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

From everything I've personally observed from friends and read it seems that high plat is the worst elo because it's full of people convinced they deserve diamond and that nothing is their fault.
I want to get to streamer Elo because that's when you can play Kha'Zix support and everyone's like "Yeah, okay. You do you"

• Locked thread