Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I wonder if the high septon really realizes if he puts Cersie on a trial he might de legitimize his greatest ally (Tommon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Flikken posted:

I wonder if the high septon really realizes if he puts Cersie on a trial he might de legitimize his greatest ally (Tommon).

didn't you hear what he said? he wants to bring down the empire.

he is going to put westeros into chaos and bring in danny to save the people

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

lovely how they killed of Blackfish off camera

also, I liked how Jamie and Brienne waved goodbye to each other, that was nice

no trial by combat is bullshit, absolute bullshit

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Between Brienne training him and Bron giving him pointers, how long till Podrick has a badass fighting scene?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Flikken posted:

Between Brienne training him and Bron giving him pointers, how long till Podrick has a badass fighting scene?

I think you mean horrible, brutal death.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

ded posted:

didn't you hear what he said? he wants to bring down the empire.

he is going to put westeros into chaos and bring in danny to save the people

He deffo wants to bring down the empire but I'm not so sure he's rooting for the Targeryan return. I think that he's your typical greedy gently caress who puts on a pious face and has pretensions of ruling basically like a Medieval Pope. Necro-maester has some kind of dirt on him or some kind of contingency plan for this they alluded to.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Sergg posted:

He deffo wants to bring down the empire but I'm not so sure he's rooting for the Targeryan return. I think that he's your typical greedy gently caress who puts on a pious face and has pretensions of ruling basically like a Medieval Pope. Necro-maester has some kind of dirt on him or some kind of contingency plan for this they alluded to.

I was a bit miffed they did the whole "OH HEY, MY LITTLE BIRDS FOUND OUT THAT SECRET YOU HEARD FROM TOMMLIN IS INDEED TRUE. TUNE IN NEXT WEEK!"

Also Arya's storyline was one giant long wet fart. They could have wrapped that poo poo up ages ago but I guess it was something for her to do before it was time to reintroduce her to Westeros again.

The Hound stuff is completely my poo poo though. I hope it keeps going.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Braavos turned out to be a not great. A poo poo ton better than anything revolving around Dorne.

The show was wise to drop the Dorne plot around episode 2.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

RBF scene reminded me way too much of Terminator 2.

Ha...I was half expecting the music to shift to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xjir3YSUA8

Edit: The actor playing the Blackfish is 70 years old, and they never really showed him doing anything. I'm guessing he's either untrained or too old to put up a convincing fight.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 13, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

Ha...I was half expecting the music to shift to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xjir3YSUA8

That was my exact thought too watching the scene.

Mountain and Hound stuff all ruled.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Wait...what do you guys mean by RBF? The Blackfish?

EDIT: Oh, I get it now. I'm dumb.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 13, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wait...what do you guys mean by RBF? The Blackfish?

Resting Bitch Face. The blonde broad who hated Arya.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Did you guys really need to see an old British actor clumsily swing a sword? His death was handled better off screen where we can imagine the old fucker didn't get cut down within a second.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

go3 posted:

Resting Bitch Face. The blonde broad who hated Arya.

The books refer to her as "waif", right?

That word is offensive to my eyes, for some reason.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, she was the waif. And yeah, it's a weird loving word in modern English.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wait what? I thought that was an Internet thing because she really wanted to be that dudes waifu

Welp

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Wait what? I thought that was an Internet thing because she really wanted to be that dudes waifu

Welp

Think of who writes these books. It probably is wish fulfillment....it just didn't originate with the Internet in this case.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also Jeqen in the books is just "the kindly man" and he doesn't have a face anymore and is just a skull unless he's wearing one of the faces.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Why did cutting the candle out on the waife give arya an advantage? Presumably they both trained blind at some point and she was gutshot/fell from the roof earlier. Was it a syrio training thing or something?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Why did cutting the candle out on the waife give arya an advantage? Presumably they both trained blind at some point and she was gutshot/fell from the roof earlier. Was it a syrio training thing or something?

Pretty sure it was the same spot Arya had originally been planning to make a final stand in. Guessing she knew the layout of the room better, etc.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pretty sure it was the same spot Arya had originally been planning to make a final stand in. Guessing she knew the layout of the room better, etc.

The same way that Arya recovered from being stabbed in the guts multiple times, yet was up and running a day or so later. Instead of, you know, dying of sepsis or having her intestines destroyed

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

sky shark posted:

The same way that Arya recovered from being stabbed in the guts multiple times, yet was up and running a day or so later. Instead of, you know, dying of sepsis or having her intestines destroyed

Khal Drogo got caught up in that stupid pro-biotics hype train I bet

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Khal Drogo got caught up in that stupid pro-biotics hype train I bet

That old lady was like "I must use blood magic" but she was snickering because she was putting coconut oil and ginseng on it knowing they are totally medically worthless and letting the patient suffer a 105 fever and letting his brain proteins denature.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

sky shark posted:

Nah that woman was good at it.

And was it just me or did she look vaguely like Catelyn?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Two Finger posted:

Bro have you played any videogames? 1 bowl of soup + painkillers should fully restore your health bar after several stabbings. Or just sleeping in a bed for 1 hour.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I felt a lot less sympathy for that actress after she was like "Yeah I just stab my boyfriends all the time cause they're jerks, oh yeah and I carved up that one bitch's face when a total stranger made a random accusation against her."

At that point I was just kinda like "Welp... pretty sure that was to make your character less sympathetic so we don't feel so bad when Resting Bitch Face kills you in 20 minutes."

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Also: Bran time-traveling & yelling "FATHER!" at young Ned Stark is probably what made Ned Stark raise and adopt the child that Lyanna Stark was having up in that tower as his own son. Like yo, a disembodied kid's voice said I was it's dad, it's my sister's kid, might as well.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

remember the part where she was blind for a couple episodes?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Yeah but presumably that is a part of the whole training regimen, or at least it is presented as such in the book.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I haven't read them in a couple of years so I can't remember that detail, but in the show I thought it was presented as a punishment for being a fuckup.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Godholio posted:

I haven't read them in a couple of years so I can't remember that detail, but in the show I thought it was presented as a punishment for being a fuckup.

That's what I remember too. Plus she spends way longer blind and becomes more or less functional by the time she is cured.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i actually forgot that. i am bad at watching tv shows.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

I thought the same too. The actresses looked quite a bit alike. Had to have not gone unnoticed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

E: NM

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Now that I'm watching the episode again, any ideas concerning that "rumor" Qyburn told Cersei was much more than a rumor?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wildfire caches are the only thing I can think of, unless it's some dirt on the high sparrow

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolow posted:

Wildfire caches are the only thing I can think of, unless it's some dirt on the high sparrow

Since I kind of only got into the show via my wife around 4 season, I know Wildfire is like napalm, but is it something really hard to make?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My non-book reading understanding is that it's basically alchemical napalm mixed with the properties of thermite, and kinda like nitro to make. So it's incredibly nasty and burns through literally everything, and only people absolutely batshit crazy would consider not only making it but storing it in volume.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

gfanikf posted:

Since I kind of only got into the show via my wife around 4 season, I know Wildfire is like napalm, but is it something really hard to make?

There are probably stashes of it everywhere underneath King's Landing put there by the Mad King which is kind of like the self-destruct button for the city. I suppose it is hard to make. I mean we still haven't figured out the exact composition of Greek Fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah in the GBS thread someone said something about the mad king stashing it throughout kings landing and maybe they found (some of) it?

In the show don't they say something about it being fermented pig poo poo or something

• Locked thread