Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Just got a hotel wait list email. Doesn't mention hotel by name just says there's cancellations and I'm next in line and gives me a code for registration so I don't what to expect yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Last I heard, there's no more downtown hotels left.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Phone posting, so hopefully this doesn't break tables. Here's an image of the available hotel map from this morning. Keep in mind that not all hotels are available on all days.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Someone made a map of a lot of offsites with dates and times and it's kinda great.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1fhIHMNPWDhx7dhBBH6CdWka9M-o

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
For those who'll be using the trolley a lot, the MTS app lets you buy passes for the Con days that you can just keep on your phone. I got mine for all five days, and now that's one less thing to worry about. Now I can go back to obsessing over which T-shirts to pack, where I want to eat, and whether my Mr. B Natural costume will be ready in time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Just got an email saying my badge shipped

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I hope no one was hoping to win that trip to the premiere of Star Trek just to meet Anton Yelchin because i have bad news for you.....

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://www.gaslampmap.com/uploads/5/1/1/1/51119583/gaslamp_2016_foruc_2sided.pdf

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

San Diego and Cox (more like Cocks amirite?) are joining to provide free weefee to the Gaslamp district during con.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Cox-Free-Wifi-downtown-san-diego-all-star-game-comic-con-383870111.html

Also have an exhibit hall map. Yup. looks like most years, a few small exceptions (no Sony) but otherwise you get the gist if you've been before.
https://issuu.com/comic-con/docs/cci2016_exhib_hall_map

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 22, 2016

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
One of the exhibitors will have my book for sale! Will any other goons have their wares at the con?

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Rocco Botte/Mega 64 should be there as usual. Always worth stopping by for a laugh.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Rocco Botte/Mega 64 should be there as usual. Always worth stopping by for a laugh.

Always be sure to ask where the free stuff is at their booth, or hell, anyone's booth, because that's just what they want to hear.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sir actually that's not swag SIR SIR

Goddamnit :smith:

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Got an email about general population badges going out a couple days ago. Received general population badge today. No lanyard, guess I'll be reusing my WonderCon one.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I would guess you'll get a lanyard if you go to pick up the Warner bag/souvenir book.

JumpyMonky
Jul 30, 2010

CORN

Dr Tran posted:

I would guess you'll get a lanyard if you go to pick up the Warner bag/souvenir book.

This is correct.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I learned last night that they shipped to the address of the person who bought the tickets, not the address they have on file for you member id (which I thought would be the case). So I have my passes but I don't have my passes (as the friend who was the primary purchaser is in another state).

Keep this in mind if you haven't received yours yet and bought in a group.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I bought for 3 and 2 of them came to my house (as they should have) but the third went direct to my friend. :iiam:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
HELLO NURSE!

quote:

Wednesday, July 20: Comic-Con preview night. Screenings of Riverdale, Frequency, People of Earth, Powerless, Time After Time, Teen Titans Go!, Justice League Action

Thursday, July 21:

10:15AM: Teen Titans Go! Room 6DE. The Titan-sized panel for the Cartoon Network show will feature producers Aaron Horvath (MAD) and Pete Michail (Space Racers) along with voice cast members Greg Cipes, Scott Menville, Khary Payton and Tara Strong.

12noon: Justice League Action Room 25ABC Producers Butch Lukic (Justice League), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and voice cast members Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) and Diedrich Bader (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) will be on hand for this upcoming Cartoon Network show.

Friday, July 22:

10AM Inside The Big Bang Theory‘s Writers’ Room Ballroom 20. A Comic-Con perennial. There’s always fun footage and a star from the show who parachutes in. Season 10 of the CBS show returns September 19, on Mondays at 8/7c.

12:30PM The 100 Ballroom 20. Season four teases by cast and producers TBD. Returns midseason on CW.

2PM People of Earth Room 6BCF with series star Wyatt Cenac (The Daily Show), co-executive producer David Jenkins and executive producer Greg Daniels. People of Earth centers on skeptical journalist Ozzie Graham (Cenac) who investigates a support group to write about its members’ supposed alien encounters. The more he digs into their oddball claims, however, the more he realizes a semblance of truth to their stories and, possibly, even signs that point to his own alien abduction. The onetime outsider now finds himself a part of this eclectic group of misfits, all the while struggling with the idea of knowing that life could exist beyond our world. On TBS this fall.

2:30PM Powerless Room 6BCF with cast members Vanessa Hudgens (High School Musical), Danny Pudi (Community), Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) along with executive producer Ben Queen (A to Z) and executive producer/director Michael Patrick Jann (Reno 911). Powerless is the story of Emily (Hudgens), a young insurance adjuster specializing in regular-people coverage against damage caused when Super Heroes and Super Villains treat the city like their own personal battleground. Airs midseason on NBC.

5:30pm iZombie Room Ballroom 20 with series stars and EPs Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright. Midseason on the CW.

Saturday, July 23

11AM The Vampire Diaries Ballroom 20 with series stars and EPs TBD. Returns Friday, October 21, at 8/7c on The CW.

12Noon Blindspot Indigo Ballroom

12:50PM The Originals Indigo Ballroom

1:30PM Lucifer Indigo Ballroom

2:10PM Gotham Indigo Ballroom

3:30PM Supergirl Ballroom 20

4:15PM DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Ballroom 20

5PM The Flash Ballroom 20

5:45PM Arrow Ballroom 20

6:30PM Riverdale Room 6BCF

7:25PM Frequency Room 6BCF

8:20PM Time After Time Room 6BCF. Pilot episode screening with Q&A by EPs Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega and series stars Freddie Stroma and Genesis Rodriguez. ABC midseason premiere.

Sunday, July 24

11:15AM Supernatural Hall H with series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard, along with EPs Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb. They’ll discuss season 12 which is returning on Oct. 13 to the CW.

3PM Animaniacs Live! The voice cast of the iconic animated series Animaniacs — Rob Paulsen, Tress MacNeille and Jess Harnell — join series songwriter Randy Rogel for a zany, animany and totally insaney afternoon as they perform songs from the beloved cartoon.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Someone has a great sense of humor or loves to gently caress with people because having Vampire Diaries and Originals in different rooms one after another is a mark of a masochist.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hard Rock Cafe (not Hotel mind you) is doing it's third annual comic drive for troops. If you give them a comic or graphic novel, they'll give you a lanyard good for like 10% off your bill.

Don't do it for the discount, do it because you have stacks of glossy paper sitting in your closet that's worth nothing and you never read and would be more useful to someone sitting in the middle of nowhere looking to occupy their time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i'll bring a box of my brother's old lovely image liefeld comics and we can all order wings and nothing else

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Alan Smithee posted:

i'll bring a box of my brother's old lovely image liefeld comics and we can all order wings and nothing else

Tiny wings and tiny feet.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Funko is joining Hasbro and Lego up in Sails for ticket distribution.
http://comic-con.org/toucan/morning-sails-pavilion-lines-exclusive-and-booth-signing-wristbands

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
OnPeak is sending the hotel reservation info to the individual hotels. I just called and confirmed my reservation at Town and Country.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://comic-con.org/toucan/16-there%E2%80%99s-ton-of-fun-going-outside-of-convention-center

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://twitter.com/Comic_Con/status/750487158150995969

Figure it out, win a pass

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

CCI has put out their initial list of exclusives. This is by no means comprehensive and will see updates up to the show.
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2016/exclusives

Also, Double Dare is coming to SDCC because that's a thing that existed in the past so why not??? Although it does make sense seeing how Nick is doing a huge retro thing this year, i can only assume because they really have no good shows recently.
http://uproxx.com/tv/nickelodeon-double-dare-revival/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm supposed to have an attendee badge through another goon's +1 but also got a pro badge. They sent me my pro badge but other goon said they never sent him my attendee badge. I sent an email to their support but surprise surprise it's been days and no response. Any idea what's going on?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Wait until after July 8.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What happens then? When they sent me my pro badge they sent me the badge of another goon who I bought for as well

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Alan Smithee posted:

What happens then? When they sent me my pro badge they sent me the badge of another goon who I bought for as well

http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/comic-con-2016-badge-shipping-update

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

talking to buyer now, apparently they cancelled it and auto-refunded the redundancy.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

If you're interested in seeing Conan, check your email. Attendees are getting first crack on the waitlist but you need your member id and code.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

RevKrule posted:

If you're interested in seeing Conan, check your email. Attendees are getting first crack on the waitlist but you need your member id and code.

I just reg'd through a link someone gave me without being asked ID and it's now waitlisted. Are we talking about an even better priority or...

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

I just reg'd through a link someone gave me without being asked ID and it's now waitlisted. Are we talking about an even better priority or...

Yes, even better priority.

quote:

We are excited to announce that Conan O’Brien will be broadcasting his show from San Diego during Comic-Con 2016 and is inviting badged attendees to the taping!

This email is your EXCLUSIVE advance notice to reserve free tickets to a live taping of Conan O'Brien's show at San Diego's Spreckels Theater, July 20 through 23.

That's right, he is letting Comic-Con 2016 attendees get first chance to sign up before general ticketing begins!

Here's how to submit for a chance to see CONAN in San Diego:

1. Go to http://teamcoco.com/tickets and select the date and amount of tickets for the Comic-Con taping you'd like to attend. If you do not have a 1iota account, you will be prompted to create one.

2. In the "Promo Code" field, enter the TOP SECRET CODE REDACTED. Please do not leak this code as they’ve created it especially for Comic-Con 2016 attendees.

3. In the "Comic-Con Member ID" field, enter your unique Comic-Con Member ID. Please note, you'll need to present your corresponding Comic-Con 2016 badge, or barcode confirmation email, plus photo ID to claim your tickets onsite.

Your submission will be automatically waitlisted. If your submission is selected you'll receive an email from 1iota.com letting you know that you have tickets available. BE SURE TO LOG ON TO 1iota.com AND CLAIM YOUR TICKETS. Until you claim your tickets, you do not have tickets reserved.

Don't delay; the clock is ticking!

Thanks and let’s give Conan a fun audience he’ll never forget!
(redacted the code although i guess someone on Reddit already posted it).

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Thursday schedule is up
https://comiccon2016.sched.org/?iframe=no

http://comic-con.org/cci/2016/thursday

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 7, 2016

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
What time does the exhibit hall open up on Preview Night? I have no interest in exclusives; I just want to say hi to a bookseller buddy and drop off some stuff with him.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hijinks Ensue posted:

What time does the exhibit hall open up on Preview Night? I have no interest in exclusives; I just want to say hi to a bookseller buddy and drop off some stuff with him.

Exhibit Hall hours:
Preview Night - 6PM to 9PM
Thurs, Fri, Sat - 9:30AM to 7PM
Sun - 9:30AM to 5PM

(I believe the 9:30 start is only partially right. I want to say they almost always open at 9 even though they say 9:30).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Friday schedule is up here
https://comiccon2016.sched.org/

Should be up here later
http://comic-con.org/cci/2016/friday

• Locked thread