Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw this game and figured it would be bad. Was relieved to see that the prevailing opinion ITT was "it's bad" and now I feel vindicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hustlin Floh posted:

I saw this game and figured it would be bad. Was relieved to see that the prevailing opinion ITT was "it's bad" and now I feel vindicated.

now just wait a minute as far as I'm concerned this is still a hotly debated issue.
Game's okay.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hustlin Floh posted:

its actually quite good

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I watched the videogamedunkey vid of this game and the only hero that looks remotely fun is Pudge the Butcher, can you confirm y/n?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Neurolimal posted:

Sometimes you want to play 4 dimensional chess, sometimes you want to just play Hungry Hungry Hippos or Uno with friends

Its good to have variety, esp. With TF2 making GBS threads itself with really bad gimmicks

I haven't played TF2 since before they introduced hats, what kind of gimmicks are we talking about here?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nanomashoes posted:

I watched the videogamedunkey vid of this game and the only hero that looks remotely fun is Pudge the Butcher, can you confirm y/n?

If that's Roadhog he rules, all the characters are fun, there are some I don't really play but other people like them. This, I think, is the hallmark of a good game, which overwatch is

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I blame Overwtach for ruining Quake and making Bethesda turn it into a dumb hero shooter for babies and retards.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Aralan posted:

If that's Roadhog he rules, all the characters are fun, there are some I don't really play but other people like them. This, I think, is the hallmark of a good game, which overwatch is

Pudge is a character that hooks people close to him then kills them with his short range spells. He also has a lot of HP.
Roadhog is a character that hooks people close to him then kills them with his short range shotgun. He also has a lot of HP.

Someone at blizzard was paid thousands of dollars for this innovative design.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Hustlin Floh posted:

Well some in this thread think it is good and some think it is bad, and then there's Dr. Tim Whatley and I can't even tell what he thinks.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

basically if you liked sc2 for its non-interactive, no-counterplay spells like force field and the old version of fungal growth, you'll love overwatch since a lot of times you just press q and your opponent can't do poo poo.

and if you play mei you don't even have to press q

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol if you're a bitchmade baby who can't avoid ultimates when basically all of them are preceded by someone yelling out that they're doing it, overwatch rules

Nanomashoes posted:

Pudge is a character that hooks people close to him then kills them with his short range spells. He also has a lot of HP.
Roadhog is a character that hooks people close to him then kills them with his short range shotgun. He also has a lot of HP.

Someone at blizzard was paid thousands of dollars for this innovative design.

Also lol at this guy :cry:my character designs:cry:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Mods rename me to Overwatch, change my avatar to the overwatch logo, and my password to Ov3rw4tch! tia

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Aralan posted:

Mods rename me to Overwatch, change my avatar to the overwatch logo, and my password to Ov3rw4tch! tia

and give him all 21 gang tags while you're at it, please.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
then ban his rear end

because overwatch is bad

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
it's better than bad, it's good

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Gumbercules posted:

worth a though and that thought is yes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gumbercules posted:

:yeah:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think the funniest thing about overwatch is that the mmo it's salvaged from sounded dumb as gently caress. like "this shouldn't have made it past a brainstorming sesh" bad. why weren't they making worlds of starcraft.

GastonEatTheEggs posted:

basically if you liked sc2 for its non-interactive, no-counterplay spells like force field and the old version of fungal growth, you'll love overwatch since a lot of times you just press q and your opponent can't do poo poo.

and if you play mei you don't even have to press q

do you play lol, perchance?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
No hold on just a second before anyone goes thinking otherwise you must realize that it is in fact bad

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Aralan posted:

Also lol at this guy :cry:my character designs:cry:

Actually, autistic people are the ones that don't like change, whereas I value creativity and originality.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No hold on just a second before anyone goes thinking otherwise you must realize that it is in fact bad

Would you please just speak plainly and say what you mean! I can't stand all this beating around the bush.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Germstore posted:

Would you please just speak plainly and say what you mean! I can't stand all this beating around the bush.

Here's the deal, there's a lot of people in the world that are just working hard day in and out, trying to keep the honest path for themselves but at the end of the day it comes down to that in fact it's not good, it's bad it's a bad thing and it's not good.

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
aids
cum

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've thought about it and apparently after thinking about it and playing it, it is, in fact, good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

Actually, autistic people are the ones that don't like change, whereas I value creativity and originality.

tracer is weaver

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If I had to choose a word to describe it, I think I would choose "good", if I had two words? Very good

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i have now played this game for a few weeks. i have meditated and prayed on this issue for countless hours but i have now come to this conclusion: it is good

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah, it's bad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

This man may be onto something and furthermore

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i discussed the "overwatch issue" at great length with my church's youth pastor, perhaps youd like his opinion???

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

he says its good

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

the great deceiver posted:

he says its good

how does it further your personal walk with the j-man?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I have translated the scrolls written in the tongue that only the dead speak, and they said it's good.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

junkrat?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

The Protagonist posted:

its a moment of personal spiritual conflict as i found out that jesus only plays dva and bastion and quite frankly thats upsetting to me

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I like the sound Reaper makes when someone headshots him right after he pops his tryhard ultimate.

Winston is garbage, but nothing beats smacking someone clear off the map. This is also why Reinhardt is good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The game is bad, don't get it. Why? Well, it's bad
But I get bad games. See: The Division, Watch Dogs, Destiny

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

CrashCat posted:

But I get bad games. See: The Division, Watch Dogs, Destiny

please stop this

stop doing this please

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aralan posted:

Lol if you're a bitchmade baby who can't avoid ultimates when basically all of them are preceded by someone yelling out that they're doing it, overwatch rules
IT'S HIGH NOON *doesn't go behind the nearest wall*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Protagonist posted:

please stop this

stop doing this please
To be fair, they weren't bad games when I got them. :smith:

• Locked thread