Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dodoman posted:

old man look at your keys, you're a lot like they were

Holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
the kinesis keyboards are super great for their purpose, but imo if you are typing so much on your traditional keyboard that you have enough wrist strain to think about a kinesis, you should probably stop working so hard, because your boss sure as hell doesn't

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
i am trying to decide between the ducky shine 5 or the terribly named Das Keyboard 4 Professional Clicky

if the das was backlit this would've been a no brainer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why those two

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Dodoman posted:

i am trying to decide between the ducky shine 5 or the terribly named Das Keyboard 4 Professional Clicky

if the das was backlit this would've been a no brainer

i've got a shine 4. They're pretty solid keyboards. I'd still suggest a code or whatever it is the thread spruiks now, plate-mount keys >>> pcb mount, even if the pcb is reinforced.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

why those two

comparatively subtle design on both, the media keys on the das

also both are blues

i'll check out a code, but if they have no media keys i'm back to square one *insert coldplay song*

edit: negative on the code, looks nice though

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 12, 2016

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Dodoman posted:

comparatively subtle design on both, the media keys on the das

also both are blues

i'll check out a code, but if they have no media keys i'm back to square one *insert coldplay song*

code doesnt have dedicated media keys but maps the those signals to fn+(keys in pgup/pgdwn) cluster

its real good

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dodoman posted:

i have a strong urge to get a mech kb, reds just arent cutting it for me anymore. i want more click but finding something with proper media keys is nigh on impossible, i might have to settle for the apollo 9100xBR

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA2086W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1YG1VZVF48PM9

what sort of keycaps should i get, double shot?

logitech has this thing now which is a really basic mechanical keyboard w/out any GAMERRR cruft: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDYB8F6

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 12, 2016

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dodoman posted:

old man look at your keys, you're a lot like they were

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

logitech has this thing now which is a really basic mechanical keyboard w/out any GAMERRR cruft: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDYB8F6

that looks like a piece of poo poo

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

echinopsis posted:

its just a low price logitech board but with mechanical switches
and a $90 price point

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Looks like they hired the Commodore logo guy after a couple strokes

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If it still uses the same old Romer-G keyswitch it's going to feel like a lovely mushy membrane keyboard and shouldn't be bought by anyone.

Give me Cherry MX or give me death

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

error1 posted:

If it still uses the same old Romer-G keyswitch it's going to feel like a lovely mushy membrane keyboard and shouldn't be bought by anyone.

Give me Cherry MX or give me death

if you mean the logitech, it says on the amazon page that it comes in mx brown or red :confused:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I'm staying in SF during the conference and expected to do other work when I'm not helping developers in a lab or speaking

so I brought my laptop stand and external mouse and mechanical keyboard, the same setup I use at the office

so far it's p needs suiting

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Shaggar posted:

lol, actually has an LED for num-lock unlike every other single loving pos logitech keyboard. what loving reason would they remove the num-lock LED for why why why?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

cheese-cube posted:

lol, actually has an LED for num-lock unlike every other single loving pos logitech keyboard. what loving reason would they remove the num-lock LED for why why why?

because using your number pad for anything but numbers is scrub

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

stebe (pbuh) figured that out in the eighties and replaced the stupid num lock key with a clear key which is actually a useful thing to have on a number pad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cheese-cube posted:

ive never had a logitech keyboard w/out a num lock key

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

looks fine 2 me:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Shaggar posted:

looks fine 2 me:

says the single gimmick opposite day poster

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Bought a shine 5

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that font jesus

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

echinopsis posted:

that font jesus

soo hackerman.

can't get much worse than this though

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the font on the logitech or the ducky?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
actyaly cm storm FTW

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

I have a CM storm and I just got a different keycap set and it's a p. good keyboard all around

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
cum storm is a good name for a keyboard imo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

SO DEMANDING posted:

are you this guy, or do you know this guy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/retrobattlestations/comments/464nep/my_current_battle_station_supporting_frantic_work/

and if you actually have working symbolics hardware why the gently caress havent you posted about it before

okay so thanks for posting this, i met thefinder/trinitron over the weekend and got to use that mac-hosted lisp machine too

real hard to get used to rubout being where ctrl should be

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

RBC posted:

cum storm is a good name for a keyboard imo

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
thats what the swirly tribal logo represents. the eternal spiral of cum

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

faxlore posted:

I have a CM storm and I just got a different keycap set and it's a p. good keyboard all around

I've had my mx blue one for 5 years. Plus it's on the cheaper end.

great board for what it is.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

i love my wasd code kb w/clears

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

okay so thanks for posting this, i met thefinder/trinitron over the weekend and got to use that mac-hosted lisp machine too

real hard to get used to rubout being where ctrl should be

sweet, how was it? and the camp thing?

and how was the key feel?

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Dodoman posted:

the font on the logitech or the ducky?

it was the logitech one. it looks bad. i mostly just don't like any fonts that look like that and putting anything on the keyboard is bad.

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

convince me not to blow money on topre switches because i used a topre keyboard recently and it made my blues feel like garbage, tia

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
topre switches have a rubber dome as an integral part of the design. that is not a mechanical keyboard.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i love my wasd keyboard more than the infidel loves life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JewKiller 3000 posted:

topre switches have a rubber dome as an integral part of the design. that is not a mechanical keyboard.

• Locked thread