Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Need a Hanneman spin off.

Easily the best character in the whole show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ElCondemn posted:

Maybe I'm just enjoying the show differently than you guys, it's clear you guys don't seem to like it the same way since you keep asking for the thread to be closed.

They asked for it to be closed because you're a pontificating shithead who won't shut the gently caress up. I don't know poo poo about tech and I get 95% of the jokes. The other 5% I still "get" because of context, delivery, and being able to pause and get a frame of reference from Google in about 30 seconds. Seriously. Shut the gently caress up.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Paulocaust posted:

They asked for it to be closed because you're a pontificating shithead who won't shut the gently caress up. I don't know poo poo about tech and I get 95% of the jokes. The other 5% I still "get" because of context, delivery, and being able to pause and get a frame of reference from Google in about 30 seconds. Seriously. Shut the gently caress up.

:frogout:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I laughed so hard at Erlich's dietry restrictions that I actually had to pause the show for a minute because I couldn't breathe.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

All the people requesting what he's getting made me laugh also

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I kept expecting it to drop that Jack was taking Gavin's job, I still suspect that might happen...or Bighead.

Also the danger of Laurie seems like something that's going to rear it's head again soon.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A pesca-pescatarian diet sounds like a prescription for mercury poisoning.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Laurie is just a rational capitalist, of course she will get the best deal she can. She's not funding Pied Piper to Make The World A Better Place™.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
Richard seemed surprisingly on the ball and assertive this episode. I'd almost complain that it was out of character if it hadn't been so damned refreshing to see.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Also, yea, they picked the perfect time and funniest way to whip out "The Pied Piper"

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
More Richard jumping to conclusions and being a dick to be people was annoying. But Erlich being a martyr was beautiful. Dinesh and Gilfoyle are still amazing. And Jared is still a fascinating human being.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Erlich screwed the company way too many times and while it's true that Richard was not being a good friend at first he was also right in being angry, ultimately keeping Erlich around but off the board and with a limited influence is the best choice.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Really good episode for Gilfoyle and Danesh, they were funny and actually seem like humans instead of the side show caricatures they've been up until now.

This is thorny...

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Of course they have Gilfoyle reading LaVey's Satanic Bible so everyone can be reminded he's a Satanist when a joke needs to played off of it.

Good episode, but holy crap was Gilfoyle in the coffee shop the best poo poo in forever. Pesca-pescatarian was a close second, though.

The boys have had too good of a run for a few episodes. Problems, sure, but also solutions. Two episodes left so something's got to break soon.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
So good to see Russ back, his nonchalant biting of the apple and flicking it into the queue of people in the hotel was perfect.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Erlich screwed the company way too many times and while it's true that Richard was not being a good friend at first he was also right in being angry, ultimately keeping Erlich around but off the board and with a limited influence is the best choice.

I suspect that if you parsed it out, he's equal or slightly better than Richard on the ratio of "times saved the company":"times screwed the company". A big part of the humor in his character is that while he's almost intolerably pompous and vain, someone like that is a lot better equipped to navigate business negotiations than a neurotic tech nerd.

Not to mention that he's essentially provided rent-free living and working space to the entire company in one of the most expensive areas in the country on pure speculation.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

victorious posted:

So good to see Russ back, his nonchalant biting of the apple and flicking it into the queue of people in the hotel was perfect.

His head bob after the apple thing went wrong almost made me piss myself. Such a perfect charicature of a young rich rear end.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I was most disappointed that when I went to Google and typed "Erlich Bachman" it didn't suggest an alternative.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Need a Hanneman spin off.

Easily the best character in the whole show.

"Doors Like This" starring Russ Hanneman

Music by Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This show is like drinking non-alcoholic beer, except for the episodes where they whip out the Asian guy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ha, that was perfect.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mortanis posted:

Good episode, but holy crap was Gilfoyle in the coffee shop the best poo poo in forever.
Scene of the season right there.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Finally got around to watching the ep, and out of everything I think I laughed hardest at the last scene of the next-ep promo.

Because...who doesn't laugh at Clippy references?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

kdrudy posted:

I kept expecting it to drop that Jack was taking Gavin's job, I still suspect that might happen...or Bighead.

As soon as they told Gavin he was out, my first thought was Bighead.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Y-Hat posted:

for some reason, his deadpan "there's no need for hate speech, Richard" slayed me.
Dinesh is the most pathetic creature and it's delightful. "I'm the Pied Piiiiiper" as he pointed to the back of his jacket. :perfect:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I was kinda disappointed with Gavin's downfall. Just seemed a bit quick and not enough of a meltdown from him.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

What the hell was wrong with that terrible actor's voice? It's like he was mumbling his lines and they were delayed by 1 second after his lips moved

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
"We've also read the financials, Gavin. Between Nucleus and N-Frame you've burned through three quarters of a billion dollars". I thought this show was over-the-top satire but then this morning read,

quote:

Microsoft Corp. snapped up LinkedIn Corp. for $26.2 billion in the largest acquisition in its history, betting the professional social network can rev up the tech titan's software offerings despite recent struggles by both companies.

The deal is Chief Executive Satya Nadella's latest effort to revitalize Microsoft, which was viewed not long ago as left behind by shifts in technology. Mr. Nadella hopes the deal will open new horizons for Microsoft's Office suite as well as LinkedIn, both of which have saturated their markets, and generally bolster Microsoft's revenue and competitive position.

$26.2 billion. With a b.
Who knew hope was so expensive!

Great episode.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

kdrudy posted:

I kept expecting it to drop that Jack was taking Gavin's job, I still suspect that might happen...

I think so too, especially since the language that Hooli's board used was almost identical to what Laurie said to Richard when she replaced him (with Jack) as CEO:

"You're not being fired. We're... transitioning you to a role more suitable within the company."

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Avasculous posted:

I think so too, especially since the language that Hooli's board used was almost identical to what Laurie said to Richard when she replaced him (with Jack) as CEO:

"You're not being fired. We're... transitioning you to a role more suitable within the company."
It would be pretty funny if the Jack/Gavin relationship ends up mirroring the Jack/Richard one.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

It would be pretty funny if the Jack/Gavin relationship ends up mirroring the Jack/Richard one.

Haha please let this be it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic posted:

"We've also read the financials, Gavin. Between Nucleus and N-Frame you've burned through three quarters of a billion dollars". I thought this show was over-the-top satire but then this morning read,

$26.2 billion. With a b.
Who knew hope was so expensive!

Great episode.

And that's with a nearly 50% premium of last Friday's closing stock price. Insane.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

And that's with a nearly 50% premium of last Friday's closing stock price. Insane.

A pretty big part of me wants to buy puts on MSoft stock right now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I was kinda disappointed with Gavin's downfall. Just seemed a bit quick and not enough of a meltdown from him.
Maybe his downfall isn't complete yet. He still has an asston of money.

I know Hooli's supposed to be a loose Google analog, but I never got the sense in the show that Hooli was ever all that popular to the point where everyone used it and it was something everyone knew. Was there ever a time when it was mentioned as a top search engine or tech company?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

sticklefifer posted:

Maybe his downfall isn't complete yet. He still has an asston of money.

I know Hooli's supposed to be a loose Google analog, but I never got the sense in the show that Hooli was ever all that popular to the point where everyone used it and it was something everyone knew. Was there ever a time when it was mentioned as a top search engine or tech company?

I assumed that was more down to a stylistic choice, they didn't want to replace real companies and products with fake ones and yet they needed a big multifaceted software company that is kinda like Google.

There are sufficient mentions of hooli and their success that you're just kinda expected to accept them as a huge deal.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hooli is mostly Google with a splash of Apple, and Gavin is Steve Jobs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Linked In is loving worthless (or 26 billion I guess). Has anybody ever gotten a job with it? ever.

It's basically vendors and sales-based retards trying to connect with people in corporations. Unless people have experiences that differ than mine. I'm not sure what Microsoft wants with it, short of integrating Word with the resume software. Do they just want the customer base?

Basically does anyone think this will help either company?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kiimo posted:

Linked In is loving worthless (or 26 billion I guess). Has anybody ever gotten a job with it? ever.

It's basically vendors and sales-based retards trying to connect with people in corporations. Unless people have experiences that differ than mine. I'm not sure what Microsoft wants with it, short of integrating Word with the resume software. Do they just want the customer base?

I got a couple interviews from it and one job offer. Turned it down though.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
LinkedIn is lovely but HR loves it so it is dumb not to have a profile. I usually just get lovely recruiter companies but I do get contacted by legit companies.

Your own networking is the most effective obviously but HR will immediately look for you on LinkedIn if someone at the place refers you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

I get lots of recruiter calls for jobs I don't want. Might come in handy if I ever start looking for a new job. I never login though, I can't even remember the last time I was on the site.

• Locked thread