Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I have no idea what nanoblocks are but

Oh my god you guys.

Unless someone itt has had a bad experience with nanoblocks I may have to purchase a couple of these.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The Erdrick one is pretty cool.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I have no idea what nanoblocks are but

Oh my god you guys.

Unless someone itt has had a bad experience with nanoblocks I may have to purchase a couple of these.

I bought a Super Mario 1-1 Diorama a while back from some convention, it was pretty dope until I lost it. It uses plastics similar to the Nendoroid figures to keep everything propped up.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Perhaps reading too much into this single tweet, but I guess Dragon Quest VII is coming out sooner than I thought if they're already reserving shelf space for it? Hoping for a date confirmation tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

https://twitter.com/BlueLightning26/status/742373631099965440

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

a secret release

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'd been hearing late July for a while, maybe it's true.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Were you ever curious how long it would take to beat Dragon Warrior 1 with no equipment and grinding to max level?

Go here to find out.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I mentioned it last page, but I checked NESCardinality's videos and he highlighted a new record of his level 7 Dragonlord kill, with those frame-perfect inputs. 49:24 :psyduck:

https://www.twitch.tv/nescardinality/v/71777010

Vinchenz
Jul 13, 2012

But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here.
September 16th!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeInFdxmq3g

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Seems that fan outcry is what really pushed DQ7&8 to be localized!

That and Yuji Hori totally misspeaking at that one game conference in France, haha. Bless him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you're welcome :france:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

good work

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Vinchenz posted:

September 16th!

gently caress fuckity gently caress gently caress gently caress (etc)

I was really hoping that it would either come out in July or be held up for the holidays so that I could actually play the bloody thing. From the second week of August until the second week of December I do nothing but work.

Nevertheless, the power of bitchy fans is what we can thank for VII and VIII being re-released.

Have they specified which languages the game will be in? English, obviously, but since 4, 5, 6 and 9 for the DS are in English/French/Italian/German/Spanish I was hoping that 7 and 8 would be the same.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Everyone knew it, what with all the silence, but it was a bit saddening to hear them say "yeah, we were 100% not going to release this"

But it's coming. And I'm extremely excited.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And once the game bombs they'll be all 'We shouldn't have released this.'

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bombs as in it sold poorly, or bomb as in didn't do as well as they wanted?

Regardless, I'm buying it day one.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

And once the game bombs they'll be all 'We shouldn't have released this.'

I'm buying it, 7 was as charming as it was ugly. The remake looks perfect.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i might hold off on 7 and wait for 8. i heard 7 is a major commitment to finish and it scared me off.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

7 is the only mainline game i haven't tried even a little bit so i'm buying the gently caress out of it

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Yay, I'll finally finish 7, I think I only put 70+ hours into it on PS1.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm going to get it, get halfway through and never finish :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Overemotional Robot posted:

8 was my intro to the series, and based on what you said I can't wait to dig into 2 and 3.

I noticed that the mobile version of 1 looks pretty nice. Does it have a good translation / is it worth getting?

I'd like to have as many ways as possible to play 1, 2, and 3 which is why I picked up the Famicom versions to begin with. I wish they had just released the Wii collection and I would have been set.

DQ2 is terrible, even the remakes. Just play 3-7 instead.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i might hold off on 7 and wait for 8. i heard 7 is a major commitment to finish and it scared me off.

Didn't they make 7 3DS easier to play or something?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Skeezy posted:

It's supposed to have a streamlined intro (which is where I always got bored and stopped) and updated gameplay to make things less tedious.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Yeah, they gave you a GPS for what used to be a worldwide scavenger hunt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played about 3 hours of the original PSX game and there wasn't even the whiff of combat haha. People aren't exaggerating when they talk about the glacial pace of that game

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I've watched speedruns of it and even they take thirty minutes before you fight the first slime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume someone has done this but is there a Time to Slime rating system for all the DQ games and their spinoffs?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Yeah, they gave you a GPS for what used to be a worldwide scavenger hunt.

I couldn't find a map piece and spent hours looking for it through all the worlds you unlocked and I think that is why I quit.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Evil Fluffy posted:

DQ2 is terrible, even the remakes. Just play 3-7 instead.

Disagree. While 3 is still the best of at least the early (1-4) games, the remakes of 2 are solid. The original NES version was utterly awful, but the SFC/GBC/mobile versions of 2 are perfectly playable even if the GBC has shite graphics.

In Training posted:

a Time to Slime rating system

I adore this and think that it should be implemented immediately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I didn't just get rid of my copies of IV/VI yesterday I could have actually done that over the weekend. I can emulate copies of the originals at least to get a ballpark estimate

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

In Training posted:

I assume someone has done this but is there a Time to Slime rating system for all the DQ games and their spinoffs?

:melter:

This should be a thing if its not already a thing.

e: You're doing the thing! :neckbeard:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want to preorder 7 from Amazon but their link for a physical copy isn't working for me. Can someone link me to a working page for it?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Same here. Was having trouble with it earlier.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Part of the reason I explicitly ask in this thread like a moron is that I also tried yesterday and the Amazon customer support guy said "it works for me" and told me to try another browser or another computer, both of which do not work for me.

So it's heartening to know it's not just me!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Real hurthling! posted:

Just don't feel like you have to finish it. If you get tired of it, stop. If you don't get tired of it, keep playing it. 8 is not a whole lot different in terms of commitment. Both are very long.

It's a great game. It's certainly got either the best story or the second best story in the series after 5. Gameplay was better than 8 since 8's battles were a bit too slow. The weakest part of 7 in comparison to 8 was aesthetics and shard hunting which may not be as much of an issue anymore.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 16, 2016

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The page works now, friends.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017W16ZUI

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

That's 8.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I'm real mad I can't order DQVII on Amazon.ca to get the e3 discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is it true that VII 3DS reduced the requirements to unlock some jobs?