Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Just a reminder.

This is tonight at 9 Eastern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well I have nothing better to do so I'm down to join

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s
Is the Forza Tune app any good?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It was alright in Forza 4. Cars tended to be a little snappy for me when I used it, but I also have absolutely no idea how to tune and it was better than default settings so whatever.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

cb rocks posted:

Yes, it is. Just be careful with the Transmission. I've found that tuning it in and then adjusting the final gear to achieve near top speed is a good compromise,

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

cb rocks posted:

Its a good place to start on most cars. Although I recently watched some of Raceboys stream and the tunes he throws on the cars seems quite different.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Hey everybody!

Because of GTCC's long and long history, we ran into another week with a Matt Dizzle F1 enduro spec where the esteemed elder crew was too busy to put together a spec, let alone build cars for it! So we're going back to our roots in 30 minutes with a no prep required fuckabout!

PhancyPants posted:

If no one has a spec this week, we'll do "Last Place Picks"

It starts off with roulette to pick the first person, and that person picks the spec that can either be:

1) A PI and a track
2) A rental car and a track

After that, the person who finished last gets to pick the spec. No one can pick twice until everyone's had a shot. The races are short and it lets people pick combinations that don't show up in regular races.

We did it last time, and some of the pics were surprising. And there were a surprising amount of supercar specs.

As a bonus, I've barely gotten any sleep this week! We'll get to see if Forza can accurately model what happens when someone falls asleep at the wheel of a Ferrari 458!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Horizon 3 set in Australia woo

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Forza Horizon 3 announced at E3 for a September 27 release on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My TV doesn't rotate upside down so I guess I'm not getting that game.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

Horizon 3 set in Australia woo

E3 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTSUgXkfooA

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
More official info is on FM.net: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Announce

But I found the following bits interesting:

quote:

Forza Horizon 3 being the first Xbox Play Anywhere game in Forza history. When you buy the digital version of Forza Horizon 3, you’ll be able to play the game on both Xbox One and on Windows 10.

You only need to buy one (digital) copy to play on Xbox One or Win10.

quote:

That’s why we’re so excited to be bringing the Auction House and Storefronts features to Forza Horizon 3. 

quote:

as well as social features like 1000-player Car Clubs, Car Meets, seamless multiplayer with no lobbies

Car clubs and storefronts return!

Pre order bonuses and Ultimate Edition info is here: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FH3_Pre-Order

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
An actual physical copy of the Ultimate Edition? Nice. And a car pack with GT racing cars in a Horizon game? :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WienerDog posted:

More official info is on FM.net: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Announce

But I found the following bits interesting:

You only need to buy one (digital) copy to play on Xbox One or Win10.

Car clubs and storefronts return!

Pre order bonuses and Ultimate Edition info is here: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FH3_Pre-Order

Now they need to bring clubs, the auction house and storefront to 7 as well.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
loving retailer-exclusive cars...

So if I'm understanding this correctly I have to buy it digitally to get the cross-buy thing, but if I want to get a car that's not a lame C63 without waiting for the pack a year down the road I have to buy it retail. There's not even a Microsoft store anywhere in my general area.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Aren't those always just special editions of the car with some dumb paint on them?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Aren't those always just special editions of the car with some dumb paint on them?

No, the retailer exclusive pre order bonus cars are typically not included in the base game, and require a code from the retailer to redeem.

Forza 6 and FH2 and maybe FM5 each had a pack of cars that everyone who bought the game new got a code for that were standard cars "specially painted and tuned by Turn10"

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

That's what they did for FM6, but they specifically identified those as "xxxxxxx with Team Forza Livery". That is also the correct way to do it, so I'm disappointed they're reverting to this garbage.

The way the listing is written this time makes it look just like the bullshit they pulled with FH2 where certain cars were exclusive to specific retailer preorders until this pack came out http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_pre_order_car_pack

edit: People on FM.net claiming that BADNED has confirmed the retailer-exclusive cars are just tuned and liveried versions of normal cars. I haven't found the direct word from him or any other trustworthy sources yet, just those second-hand reports.

The 2016 R8 V10 Plus is definitely also listed as a Forza Rewards car, so that does seem to support the idea that they won't be exclusive. Possibly crisis averted.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 13, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there anything about the full version of Forza 6 coming to PC?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I hope so! Just tried it the other day and was kind of disappointed.

Existing racing sims on PC are alright but the thing I like about the Forza series is that it has a greater focus on cars that a normal person could own/drive. I boot up the PC version and sift through the cars and it seems to lean way too heavily on the supercar side of things. They seem to be similar to what you'll find in Project Cars so maybe it's to compete with the other big PC titles or something but really all I want is to recreate my 240sx in a cartoon videogame and save some money on tires.

Even if they introduce the console cars in dlc packs or whatever I would probably pick em up. Also hope they plan on implementing some form of multiplayer but its not a big deal. For a free game its pretty great. A lot of great cars to choose from even as it is despite my complaints.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I figure Forza 6 will be ignored now that Horizon 3 is announced, I want Horizon 3 but would still much rather have Forza 6 on PC and so I can just sell my Xbox One now that its not getting anymore exclusives.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah, now they've confirmed all their exclusives are now coming to PC as well I have no reason to keep my Xbox.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Same, only reason I had a 360 and the Bone is for Forza.

As far as full version of 6 coming to PC, I wouldn't hold my breath. Apex was pretty much a proof of concept, I think, and to show it off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh well, all future Forza games are coming to Windows. We will be playing Forza 7 on Windows instead of Xbone. It's going to be way better for the goon racing.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Come to http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778523 for more info!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Forza 6 car pass and Porsche expansion are both 50% off right now on Xbox Live if anyone hasn't grabbed them yet.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

L_Harrison posted:

Forza 6 car pass and Porsche expansion are both 50% off right now on Xbox Live if anyone hasn't grabbed them yet.

Are you making GBS threads me? I just paid full price for the Porsche set 2 days ago.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

I gotta say, Horizon Down Under looks pretty great. I really liked the first Horizon, and the last 2 'pure' Forza's have kind of soured me on that fork.

The potential to play it both on my PC with my dust-gathering racing wheel and my big comfy couch is a big seller too.

I'm going to hold off ordering it though. The deal breaker for Horizon 1 for me was the inability to say "Here's the start, here's the finish" and have a non-scripted race. If that's in there then I'm back on board.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PhancyPants posted:

I'm going to hold off ordering it though. The deal breaker for Horizon 1 for me was the inability to say "Here's the start, here's the finish" and have a non-scripted race. If that's in there then I'm back on board.

Midnight Club LA did this, maybe check it out if your 360 is laying around somewhere.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Re: Horizon 3. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on me, im not buying the game again.

Trigger (and headphones) warning: Instant loud swearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiYXuuA7xo

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Just to remind you, GRC in A Class sedans starts at 9 eastern tonight.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Well I see that Ghost League is another S Class event but only allows a few cars (Grand Touring Cars STOCK ONLY). Looks like if I'm gaming I'm not racing this week.

FH3 looks good!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 19, 2016

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Really happy I go to snag the Porsche DLC finally due to the sale!. I'm digging they way they feature the cars and VIR is great fun. I wish I could get the Nascar track a la carte since I have zero interest in the actual Nascar Expansion, but would always love more ribbons.

Also ... Forza Horizon 3 looked loving amazing. For those of you that do love the series ... There is a pretty swell pre-order deal on the MS Store going on. It's $80 for the Ultimate Version and that also includes an additional $10 MS code sent after release as well. One Caveat - I believe Play Anywhere is Digital Only and this is a Physical Disk - so you won't get the option to install and play on your PC. They did announce full Cross-Play for the title in general, so you'd still be able to play with PC players, of course.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Forza-Horizon-3-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.2553273900?redirect=true

Edit: to be fair. You do lose the F6/FH2 car pack pre-order bonuses that you get from the in-Bone store. Both packs were part of each games respective Car Passes and it seems like it would have been better to add one of the post-Pass packs as the bonus ... but ... MS
-Forza Horizon 2 Rockstar Car Pack (Xbox One)
-Forza Motorsport 6 Meguiar's Car Pack (Xbox One)

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 20, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
One thing with Australia? Does that mean we're getting mostly RHD cars? I really hope not.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
loving christ, I'm working on the Le Mans prototype showcase night race and I can handle driving with only one headlight but holy poo poo why the gently caress are my headlights being disabled when I rewind?!?!? Halfway into the race I turned it off because of this bullshit. I'll try again next weekend and turn off damage I guess.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

One thing with Australia? Does that mean we're getting mostly RHD cars? I really hope not.

I do see some traffic driving on the left in one of the vids, but I wager the cars themselves will continue to be a mixture of right and left hand drive like they are in previous Forza (both Horizon and Motorsport) games - except for the McLaren F1s , of course :) Playground hand waved it off as all these rich assholes ship their cars over to their fist pumping douchey music and car fest etc.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I mean no offense to my commonwealth cousins. It's just kinda disorienting :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sleeping Dogs proved to me that I cannot handle driving on the left side of the road so I guess I'm doomed in FH3.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

Sleeping Dogs proved to me that I cannot handle driving on the left side of the road so I guess I'm doomed in FH3.

It's really easy you just point your car where you want it to go and it goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So are there no more car packs basically? I want my Fiero or MG :(

• Locked thread