Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I don't remember saying that but it sounds like something I'd say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So... Do you intend to upload the low-chaos intermissions for the base game at any point, Coolguye?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Those will probably go up today or tomorrow.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I am BRILLIANT at forgetting things

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

It is true that Abigail will kill Rothwild if you leave him with her. In my most recent playthrough I got to him first, then tried to clear a path to the chair. When I got back to grab him, he had indeed suffered an unfortunate accident.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Kavingi posted:

It is true that Abigail will kill Rothwild if you leave him with her. In my most recent playthrough I got to him first, then tried to clear a path to the chair. When I got back to grab him, he had indeed suffered an unfortunate accident.

Does this break clean hands?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sorites posted:

Does this break clean hands?
Nope, your hands are still clean. It works a bit weird in this game. Even dropping someone unconscious near rats doesn't count as you killing them as far as I know.

Kavingi posted:

For a second I thought I was in the Stardew Valley LP and was slightly confused and scared. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 11, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Poil posted:

For a second I thought I was in the Stardew Valley LP was slightly confused and scared. :v:

Well when you hear an offhanded mention of Stardew Valley you'll think all sort's of things.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Coolguye: the only person who suffers from the overseer music boxes.

I'm spoiling the next video.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Poil posted:

Nope, your hands are still clean. It works a bit weird in this game. Even dropping someone unconscious near rats doesn't count as you killing them as far as I know.

This will absolutely tag you with a kill

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

thecluckmeme posted:

I was practically yelling at my monitor the entire time because Roboky never shot a man with a bullet just to explode his whale oil tanks.

AradoBalanga posted:

Oh good, I wasn't the only person who was disappointed by Roboky not shooting the oil tanks.

Seriously, how could you pass up such an obvious opportunity, Roboky?

I forgot I had a pistol and couldn't find it for the entire level.

I'm sorry.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Coolguye: the only person who suffers from the overseer music boxes.

I'm spoiling the next video.

Shoot 'em in the face, then shoot 'em in the dick. It's not hard!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I forgot I had a pistol and couldn't find it for the entire level.

I'm sorry.

This ls why open carry is a sham #maketheempiregreatagain

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I don't intentionally shoot people in the crotch, despite certain people's accusations.

And it's definitely not my fault they move.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I maintain that Stranglehold is a far better game than anyone credits it with.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Orv posted:

I maintain that Stranglehold is a far better game than anyone credits it with.

I too enjoy shooting all the criminals in the beanbag.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
When I played Captain of Industry, I tried shooting a butcher in the back tanks and they completely failed to blow up so I murdered them in other ways for the rest of the level. I don't know if that was a glitch or what.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Surprised it wasn't posted yesterday but Corvo's looking old in the new Dishonored 2 trailer and the kills are as grotesque as ever.

And there's the heart.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Low Chaos Update

A Captain of Industry:
Youtube Polsy

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Surprised it wasn't posted yesterday but Corvo's looking old in the new Dishonored 2 trailer and the kills are as grotesque as ever.

And there's the heart.

Also Samuel :allears:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
And guard gender equality. :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
And a continuation of the excellent production design.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so what happens when you try to interrogate both of them? (sleepdart both and leapfrog their bodies to the chair so neither despawns)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

double nine posted:

so what happens when you try to interrogate both of them? (sleepdart both and leapfrog their bodies to the chair so neither despawns)

One despawns the second you put the other in the chair. I tried this. :{

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Those robots look a lot better than the horrible crap in the first trailer. I hope those got removed. Freaking sleek sci fi design doesn't fit into the game at all, and I was almost expecting them to charge up psi blades or something. :spergin:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ok that pull and the domino spell just seem made for loving around.

Super hype for Dishonored 2 now. Too bad it's out in November only :(

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Was that an Oots reference towards the beginning of the video?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Was that an Oots reference towards the beginning of the video?

What are you referring to? It's possible, I've read the comic off and on for a number of years, and have been told I'm Redcloak more times than I care to remember at this point.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Coolguye posted:

What are you referring to? It's possible, I've read the comic off and on for a number of years, and have been told I'm Redcloak more times than I care to remember at this point.

Orv referring to himself as the angel on the shoulder and you adding that he's despairing over the lack of murder, reminded me of Belkar and his two shoulder demons ("the angel... doesn't work here anymore")

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Given the prowess with acrobatics, stealth and combat the only appropriate one is Elan. Pre-prestige class. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Orv referring to himself as the angel on the shoulder and you adding that he's despairing over the lack of murder, reminded me of Belkar and his two shoulder demons ("the angel... doesn't work here anymore")

It wasn't a direct reference to OotS but yeah basically that.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Holy hell, that is incredible luck with bone charms. Basically everything a hug-happy man needs, although I tend to prefer mana from sinks rather than health (Although I slot both at once if possible). It doesn't make for exciting LP-watching to sit and drink from a sink twelve times, but it satisfies my "can't use that potion, I might need it later" itch.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lunethex posted:

And there's the heart.

Good daddy/daughter bonding imo

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Oh, Dishonored, your physics make me so happy:

Here is the aftermath of a grenade in an open space.

Here is the head of someone involved in that explosion. Don't ask me how it got there.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

I like how bloodless that carnage is. The limbs look like they just popped cleanly off. It makes me think that guards in Dunwall are assembled limb-to-torso like Mr. Potato Heads.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I finally caught up with a thread I've been meaning to catch up with for a while, woo!

Have a gift!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

I finally caught up with a thread I've been meaning to catch up with for a while, woo!

Have a gift!

:haw:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
The only thing I want to say about the Dishonored 2 trailer outside of how much I like how it looks, is that I want to beg the video game marketing industry to stop doing that thing where they use covers of songs in their trailers so the songs sound all airy and sinister.

It was cool the first time but holy poo poo it keeps happening.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Have a gift!

I love you.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I thought that was supposed to happen after the explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Just noticed the Steam Page went up. If you still don't own Dishonored 1, you can get it for free by just pre-ordering Dh2. That's pretty cool.

quote:

Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized Empress Emily Kaldwin’s throne, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As Emily or Corvo, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca, the once-dazzling coastal city that holds the keys to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the Mark of the Outsider and powerful new abilities, track down your enemies and take back what’s rightfully yours.

Supernatural Powers
Advanced bonecharm crafting and all-new upgrade trees allow you to customize your powers in vastly different ways. Become a living shadow to silently stalk your targets, link enemies so they share a common fate, or mesmerize your foes and dominate their minds. Choose from nearly infinite combinations of violence, nonlethal combat, powers and weapons to accomplish your objectives.

First time I heard about Crafting!

edit: GMG has a coupon for Dishonored 2 taking $15 off. Use the E32016 voucher on purchase. Valid 'til Friday.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 14, 2016

• Locked thread